[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 241

Mathemat писал(а) >>

Yes, the device itself becomes lighter, but here's the rub: as the power supply is capacitive, it severely corrupts the input network and is extremely inconvenient for the mains supply. And now they are trying to get rid of it by reducing the interference in the input network. Fucking ecology...

I've seen the current on the input of a computer power supply. Very bad, not much like a sine wave. I doubt that's what the future holds.

Yeah, it's not a sine wave. A perfect sine wave is expensive. Still to come :)

And you're right about the current spoiling. I've got a heater. You plug it in, you get noise on the monitor. When I open it, there's a thyristor in it :)

>> ecology must be taken care of.

Mathemat >>:И вообще мы сильно отклонились от чистой математики :)

Physics, maybe it already has, I don't know.

There is a "perpetual motion machine" project, acting by surface tension forces.
A liquid from a vessel rises along a capillary tube to a height h. If you bend the tube to a height h
the tube at height l<h the liquid flows back to the vessel. The energy of the stream can be used indefinitely
for an infinitely long time to obtain free work.
Is there a mistake in the reasoning of the author of the project?

MaStak >>:

Физика, может уже было, не знаю.

Существует проект "вечного двигателя", действующего за счёт сил поверхностного натяжения.
Жидкость из сосуда поднимается по капилярной трубке на высоту h. Если трубку изогнуть на
высоте l<h, жидкость из нее потечёт обратно в сосуд. Энергию струйки можно неограниченно
долго использовать для получения даровой работы.
Есть ли в рассуждениях автора проекта ошибка ?

Will it flow back? Same surface tension and it won't...

Richie thank you for your answers.

TheXpert By the way, there is now mixed light technology -- using fibre optics to transmit light into the building with very little loss.

I saw this miracle on diskovery, I liked it very much.

Mathemat sorry for the off-topic.

vegetate писал(а) >>

Will it flow back? Same surface tension and it won't...

That's right, it won't flow out of the tube :) But if you bring electricity to the tube, it will do, but it will not be a perpetual motion machine.

Grade 9: 61

There are 100 people in the people's squad (DND, if you remember). There are three of them on duty every evening. To prove that it is not possible to organise the duty so that any two people are on duty together exactly once.

vegetate >>:

А она потечет обратно-то? То-же поверхностное натяжение и не даст..

Yes, it is.

Mathemat wrote >>.

Grade 9: 61

There are 100 people in the people's squad (DND, if you remember). There are three of them on duty every evening. To prove that it is impossible to organise the duty so that any two people are on duty together exactly once.

I was reminded of the KGB and not of the druzhina :)

I knew you would be the first to respond :) Well, the KGB had nothing to do with it.

It is not clear to what extent :))) they will be on duty ? Until everyone is on duty ? or until the end of the month ?
Reason: