[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 238

Mathemat, imya, do you think mass can become "different" if the body is not moving anywhere at all?

Richie >>:

Mathemat, imya, а как вы думаете, масса может стать "другой" если тело вообще никуда не движится?

Try to give a definition for 'body moving'.

A greater circumferential speed, it seems, should lead to an increase in the inertial and gravitational masses. Accordingly, more mass is attracted, it seems, than was lifted.

There is one thing that tends to get sidetracked here: if you spin the spinner very hard, it loses some of its weight. I hope no one will argue with this. But I'm not talking about weight, I'm talking about mass. Let's move away from the volcano.

Suppose there is a brick. Can the mass of the brick change if it is not moving anywhere? Can time slow down or speed up for it?

Richie >>:

Есть тут одна вещь, которая обычно уводит в сторону: если волчок очень сильно раскрутить, то он теряет часть своего веса. Надеюсь с этим никто спорить не будет. ...

Hope so.

Richie >>:

Есть тут одна вещь, которая обычно уводит в сторону: если волчок очень сильно раскрутить, то он теряет часть своего веса. Надеюсь с этим никто спорить не будет. Но, я говорю не про вес, а про массу. Отойдём от волчка.

Where does the information come from? I never would have thought of such a property of matter.

MetaDriver, how much does a brick weigh if it flies from Moscow to Tbilisi at 1st space speed :)

Richie seems to be obsessed with torsion fields and thinks others are too.

P.S. When it flies, it doesn't weigh anything and speed is irrelevant. Or am I talking nonsense here?

By the way, I remembered an interesting fellow - N.A. Kozyrev. If you are interested in unconventional physics, read about his experiments.

Yes, yes, that's what I was alluding to. He seems to be a Belarussian and a big academic.

Mathemat писал(а) >>

Yes, yes, that's what I was alluding to. He seems to be Belarusian and a big academic.

I like unconventional views, traditional ones have run out of steam :)

Reason: