[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 533

TheXpert:
There is an unequivocal answer.

If you don't go into the maze of signs, the problem is simple - and it's obvious that it's the first square.

Tell me the right answer already. It's interesting, isn't it?

So you're right. I wonder if it's possible to come up with the same level 3 problem. It would have to be a mind-blowing experience.

TheXpert:
So you're right. I wonder if it's possible to come up with the same level 3 problem. It would have to be a mind-blowing experience.

I think it is possible to encumber the figures with additional features and on top of that to compose the figures in several rows into a solvable square matrix in a certain way, but you have to think about it.

I have a sneaking suspicion that this is not possible. So much for the challenge.

You can try for the simplest case in 3 variants.

TheXpert:
So you're right. I wonder if it's possible to come up with the same level 3 challenge. It would have to be a mind-blowing experience.
And in general terms, can you tell me why such a solution? Is the problem solved by brute force or in some other way?

alexeymosc:
Can you tell me in general terms why this is the solution? Is the problem solved by brute force or in some other way?

This is a reverse problem. The figure with the greatest number of common features is superfluous.

sergeev:
The figure with the greatest number of features in common is superfluous.
No. It is the only figure without a distinctive feature.

the figure with the greatest number of features in common
a figure with no distinguishing feature.

I think the first sentence makes more sense.

Oh, man, a circle has the smallest number of angles.

TheXpert:
Oh, man, a circle has the smallest number of angles.

signs:
- colour
- size
- frame
- shape

all figures have two features in common. the first has three.
Reason: