The professional seat of the trader - page 3

I wonder if, say, if Pushkin had written not with a goose pen, but with the most modern tools and in different colours, would he have written better?

It's like the saying among philologists/linguists at the heating mains: if I was paid like Alexey, I'd write like Lev.

(For those in the tank: they mean the Tolstoys.)

AlexEro >>: if you manage someone else's money, this approach is no good: you need power backup, you need data backup, you need database, redundant communication channels, pro-firewall, SECURITY and so on. Here is a block diagram of the 60-monitor version 2 trader hardware:

All this is provided by appropriate service providers - there is no point in doing "subsistence farming" :)

For example, we have servers in the USA and all equipment is monitored by ordinary admins.

I do not see any charts at all, only occasionally checking individual transactions on the quality of execution.

I don't have any idea who to trade with :))

Swetten >> :

I would look, purely out of interest, at a trader in front of 30 (!) monitors. :)

P.S. 30 monitors per person is something from the realm of television and reality TV. The directors and assistants like to stare at a wall of TVs.

There's a trader at Credit Suisse in front of eight monitors:

http://mitsloanblog.typepad.com/ike/

This is the standard set-up now:

But not thirty, right?

Swetten >> :
But not thirty, right?

>> By the end of the day it is possible.

It's about originally. :) Or did I misunderstand something?

VictorArt >> :

All this is provided by appropriate service providers - there is no point in doing "subsistence farming" :)

For example, we have servers in the USA and all equipment is monitored by ordinary admins.

I don't see any charts at all, only occasionally checking individual deals on the quality of execution.

I am not a trader, I have no need to show off :)

So tell me more about it, it's not a secret, is it? There may be different approaches. In large banks (global and CIS) it's always a game-changer - they either outsource IT to an external provider (together with their employees) or outsource IT back to the bank (when the external provider screws up). Personally, I can't even say which trend prevails today, it's more likely that banks like to keep a serious IT service (forex trading support) close by. And especially forex is strongly linked to SWIFT, which has a strict requirement that everything can be in its own bank building.

Swetten >> :

>>)

registred писал(а) >>

Most likely.)

If it's about the end of the day -- they're everywhere. :)

Swetten >> :

http://www.tradingheroes.com/tipsandtricks/trade-forex-in-the-bathroom

Here are 14 monitors for trading

In the beginning of thread I gave photos of installation, as I LOOKED at original link, for 60 monitors. In fact, there are SHOULD be less.

Here's more real installations:

Reason: