Useful tools - page 25

I've been using notepad++ for a long time, but lately I've been using sclickedit...

keekkenen:
I've been using notepad++ for a long time, but lately I've been using sclickedit...

What, if not a secret, motivated you to do it?

well, saw the settings on forum 5 and tried it, liked it... :)

keekkenen:
well, saw the settings on forum 5 and tried it, liked it... :)

So what's so great about it that Notepad++ didn't have?

VOLDEMAR:

I am more and more convinced of what I said above :-)))))))))

the archives are still not opening and the deposit link does not work ....

proof

To be honest, I don't download anything from this dump DepositFiles, I'm squeamish, only if I really need it.....

Oh, gods, I'm good today. .... One of the adequate file transfer services on the internet is www.narod.ru yes yes the one Yandex .....

Let's try again .....

You have renamed the files incorrectly.Judging by the posted material, the phrases about renaming don't really tell you much at all. Try to follow the instructions pedantically - try without any free interpretations. >

VOLDEMAR:
I've tried different ways .... If you put something on the net, you need to do it so that most people understand how to use it and not just two nerdy programmers )))))))))
You seem to have a bit of a communication problem. Well, well - try it yourself. And by the way, it looks like most people do understand. So who's who - that's for you to "think about".

VOLDEMAR:

I've spent all day trying to open these archives, I'm struggling purely on principle .....

Who else managed to open these archives ......

http://www.win-rar.ru/download/winrar/

drknn:

And you are suffering in vain. You lack knowledge of the operating system. Let me train you a little?

Each file has 2 parameters: a name and an extension. These two parameters are separated by a dot. For example, the file "deposit.txt". deposit is the name of the file. txt is the extension of the file. The dot separates them. We distinguish one file from another by its name. The file extension indicates the file type. All files with a txt extension are text documents. An extension is not so much needed by a person but rather by a computer in order to understand what program should be used to open a given file. For example, most users open files with a txt extension with Notepad.exe which is located in one of the system directories of Windows. For example, most users will open txt files with notepad.exe under one of the Windows system directories. And so on for other file types.

So, judging by your video, the option "Hide extensions for known file types" in your Windows is set to "on". So, when you rename files, you can't see if the extension has been renamed. Here is a proof. The screenshot from your video clearly shows exactly WHICH file you are trying to decompress. It's "Notepad++.zip.zip". What you need, alas, is "Notepad++.zip". You are unzipping the file with an OTHER name. Now it becomes clear that you have the same thing with the other two parts of the multi-volume archive - they have the wrong names as they should be! Here's a screenshot:

I applaud your patience, gentlemen...:-)))) this is something...

I feel like Jerome K. Jerome - "I want to take an oar and beat, beat on the head until the body stops showing signs of life..."...:-))

Yeah, well... It's like installing Windows from a floppy disk.

drknn:

I used to have a burnt-out sound card with IDE pins on my SIS 486. Strangely enough, the cable from a Panasonic two-speed disk plugged into those pins was transmitting fine - not everything on it was burnt out. So, first I booted DOS, then I manually configured config.sys file (prescribed drivers for the disk), fixed autoexec.bat and only after that my disk started working. :) Ehhhhh, the past..., oddly enough, I miss it sometimes :)

Yes... Everything was new and interesting. I remember my Sinclair 64kb with great warmth, and my first attempts to write anything under it... First Basic, then ACM... How much you could cram into those kilobytes...
Reason: