EURUSD - Trends, Forecasts and Implications (Part 1) - page 782

Noterday >> :

Based on what? I have a very different calculation....

What's yours?

Transaction ratio, in % purchases 46% sales 54%. i think there will still be a few hours of declining trend.... my personal opinion

yurchenko >> :

>> what are your

There's no way there's a pivot point at 1.4566!

Fibo

Is 1.4500 a bottom?

Posted 09:49 16.12.2009

Hello!

Yesterday's session was volatile for the DJ index, which declined slightly confirming the idea of a double top formation and for gold, which traded at previous levels around $1125/oz. On the other hand, oil rose on the dollar and is now above $72 a barrel.

Despite the rise in the oil price, the dollar continued to strengthen in the major currency basket. The euro/dollar in particular fell to 1.4502, the lowest since 2 October. The euro was put under pressure by reports of possible financial problems of Greek and Austrian banks. On the other hand, a high reading in the US industrial price index provided support to the dollar. The fact is that this data may encourage interest rate hikes in the US in the future.

US Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke did not shed any light on a possible early rate hike yesterday, saying: "The US economy is in a difficult position . ...If the economy recovers, it will be possible to talk about an interest rate hike". The US Open Market Committee meeting ends today and if the Fed leadership does not give any signals regarding a possible rate hike, the dollar will once again come under pressure. Given the technical analysis, the uptrend in EUR/USD is yet to last, which means that no signals will be given. The level of 1.4500 may become a reversal level in the coming days.

The USD/JPY has risen to its highest level since December 7 (89.92), but the Americans were not happy with this rise and reversed the pair. The Japanese are supporting them today.

AUD|USD might continue to decline slightly, or rather it will go to 0.8950, after which I expect a rise to the area of 0.9300. Only after this hike may be expected a trend reversal down, the first target will be the area of 0.8800.

As for the Euro/Dollar, in the case of the support at 1.4500, we are likely to see a high at 1.5140 and maybe higher. In case of fluctuations, the support is the same levels of 1.4440 and 1.4300.

Have a nice day!

MFX FIBO Group analyst Mikael Nersesov

Who knows when the US Open Market Committee is meeting?

It started yesterday. The decision will be announced tonight.

22:15 Moscow time, FOMC Rate Decision (December)

rid писал(а) >>

It started yesterday. The decision will be announced tonight.

22:15 Moscow time, FOMC Rate Decision (December)

The main thing is not to change it, it will chicken out in the morning.

talking monkeys

I thought negroes only knew how to climb fences and sing songs... but they can sew on a sewing machine, too--....

And some still run around with a pot on their head and sing songs :)))
Reason: