EURUSD - Trends, Forecasts and Implications (Part 1) - page 1019

Continued Axel

EUR/USD during the day: The pair fell sharply from Wednesday's new short-term high of 1.3789 and is again targeting the February 12 low of 1.3532, from which the corrective rise began. A break there seems likely. If 1.3532 is crossed, the pair will target 1.3481 and the stretch level of 1.3401, projected from the lower February 13 high of 1.4580. A break above 1.3634 is needed to ease the downside threat.

EUR/USD on the weekly chart: Downtrend.

US Dollar/Japanese Yen pair during the day: The strong rise on Wednesday resulted in a bearish low of 88.55 and created room for further gains towards the target level of 91.59. Corrective declines will attract support as long as the pair trades above 90.43, with renewed upward pressure on target levels of 92.10 and 92.75 cannot be ruled out. A fall below 90.43 would call into question the pair's positive prospects and target the higher low of 89.71 reached on Tuesday.

US Dollar/Japanese Yen pair on weekly chart: Downtrend.

GBP/USD during the day: The pair continues to trade within a 9-day bearish flag after Wednesday's sharp drop from 1.5814 and the low of 1.5629 was under pressure again. The bigger picture is also negative and this should trigger a further drop below 1.5629 towards bear-flag support at 1.5598, with the higher low of 1.5560 vulnerable. A break above 1.5730 is needed to ease the downward pressure, but at this stage growth looks very limited.

GBP/USD on the weekly chart: Downtrend.

US Dollar/Swiss Franc pair during the day: The pair fell sharply from Wednesday's low of 1.0647, which was only slightly below the previous low, with the reactive high of 1.0829 on February 12 in reach. Before the threat of a renewed upside pressure at 1.0829 materializes, a consolidation below that level towards 1.0730 is possible. A breakdown of 1.0829 will open the pair towards the 1.0885 area. A fall below 1.0730 will ease the upside threat and target the pair at 1.0700 and 1.0685.

US Dollar/Swiss Franc pair on the weekly chart: Uptrend.

Euro/British Pound pair during the day: Resistance at 0.8745 persists and under downward pressure the pair is again testing the February 12 low of 0.8656. A break of this level is expected to continue the dominant short-term downtrend towards the Jan 28 low of 0.8603, from which the corrective rise began, while a further drop towards new 6-month lows towards the 0.8500 area cannot be ruled out. Resistance at 0.8707 will protect the high of 0.8745.

Euro/British Pound pair on the weekly chart: Downtrend.

Euro/Japanese Yen pair during the day: In Wednesday's trading the pair went down from the high at 124.85 and was aiming for the support area at 122.90. However, signs of weakening upside bias are evident and a further drop below 122.90 towards 122.26 and projected support at 121.95 seems likely. Only a rise above 124.34 would negate the negative outlook and target the pair back to a high of 124.85.

Euro/Japanese Yen on the weekly chart: Downtrend.

Euro/Swiss franc on the day: The pair remains confined to the downside triangle and after being capped by 1.4693 on Wednesday, the pair is declining towards 1.4653 and the triangle low of 1.4635. A break below 1.4635 would trigger a decline towards 1.4606 and the February 5 low of 1.4551. The rise in the pair is limited to the 1.4700 area.

EUR/Swiss franc pair on the weekly chart: Downtrend.

AUD/USD on the day: The higher high and the lower close on Wednesday marked a pause in the strong rally to 0.9035 and the pair is now consolidating towards support at 0.8920. There is room for a decline towards 0.8860, but support is expected to emerge here to cushion the fall. A rise above 0.9000 is required for the pair to target the high of 0.9035 again.

Australian Dollar/United States Dollar pair: Downtrend.

odiseif >>:
118145662010.02.18 08:22buy0.02gbpusdfxf1.56090.00000.00002010.02.18 08:351.56160.000.000.001.40

вот шя купил фунтодоллар ....закрыл 7 пунктов ....а откат был 20 не щитая спреда ......((((как узнать сколько откатит хер поймешь((((

open 3 orders

so that 2 of them go straight to breakeven after 7 pips

close first order at 7 (if 7 is triggered)

2nd order on 21

The third order should be closed with a trawl till the last one

Optimize points and stops and trawl on a long interval, better link it to the ATR on the daily chart.

syan >>:

Пока нет)

А тем временем переместил sell на 3563... 56 пунктов и устрою себе выходные

Yeah, who hasn't played "castle" won't get the buzz!!! :))) And the truth is always there...

sol >>:

открывать 3 ордера

так чтобы 2 сразу в безубыток после 7 пунктов

первый закрыть на 7(раз уж 7 срабатывает)

второй на 21

третий тянуть тралом до последнего

пункты и стопы и трал оптимизировать на длинном промежутке, лучше привязать к ATR на дневках.

is there such a trawl available on this principle?

or a trawl with stop orders removed ?

sol >>:

открывать 3 ордера

так чтобы 2 сразу в безубыток после 7 пунктов

первый закрыть на 7(раз уж 7 срабатывает)

второй на 21

третий тянуть тралом до последнего

пункты и стопы и трал оптимизировать на длинном промежутке, лучше привязать к ATR на дневках.

interesting ..... it is possible to try .... to be honest i haven't used trawl yet and neither have i used ATP .... the problem is that i wait long for pullbacks .... at least 4 hours chart and i enter the market maximum 3-5 times a day for different pairs .... the system works well .... only sometimes it can pull back 100 pips or more even ....i sit and look like a jerk when i closed my 10 -20 pips and it went away as much as 100((((there was one incident with Galina on the euro pound a few days ago ... i wrote that the pullback would be at 0.8833 .i recommended settling but she said she was long and had big plans for the euro)) ...... it rolled back as much as 180 pips ......

I work with a trawl, never waiting for a target, only the 'smart' trawl didn't come up with it, yesterday's short it closed very early

Another article by Hazin

http://fintimes.km.ru/obzory/krizis/9811

rustein >>:

вот такая новость, вовремя :)

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/imf-to-sell-another-191-tons-of-gold-2010-02-17

I think Asians will buy the gold, no one else....

Do you think it makes sense to put a sell on gold?

I found this on the subject:

http://www.oilru.com/comments/read/333/

odiseif писал(а) >>

interesting ..... it is possible to try .... to be honest i haven't used trawl yet and neither have i used ATP .... the problem is that i wait long for pullbacks .... at least 4 hours chart and i enter the market maximum 3-5 times a day for different pairs .... the system works well .... only sometimes it can pull back 100 pips or more even ....i sit and look like a jerk when i closed my 10 -20 pips and it went away as much as 100((((there was one incident with Galina on the euro pound a couple of days ago ... i wrote that the pullback would be at 0.8833 .i recommended to sit down and she said she was in a long position and she had big plans for the euro) ...... it rolled back as much as 180 pips ......

I think everything works fine. Just write a bot and you won't have to stare. Let it work for you little by little, kopeck by kopeck....

In the meantime, you do something more important.

Maybe then you will decide how to make 30 instead of 7 pips on a pullback :)

Reason: