pricing - page 16

Avals >> :

I didn't give you a link for everyone on the subject with a detailed description of the currency position limit since it's being discussed and you mentioned it. I did not question what you said. The fact that the position is not closed completely no one makes it so, I wanted to hear comments on the phrase that it is closed. What I am personally interested in, I pointed out above.

Sorry.)

BARS писал(а) >>

Sorry, sorry.)

similarly, I'll be clearer :)

Avals >> :

I didn't give you a link for everyone on the subject with a detailed description of the currency position limit since it's being discussed and you mentioned it. I did not question what you said. The fact that the position is not closed completely no one makes it so, I wanted to hear comments on the phrase that it is closed. What I am personally interested in, I pointed out above.

>>Don't listen to the vocational schoolboys, they will tell you more than that. Since the bank's capital = 10% of assets, the currency mismatch (open position) in Russia can be no more than 1% of total assets (it is not much). In reality, violation of this norm - is considered by the Central Bank of Russia and the Tax Inspectorate and other serious dudes - a fairly serious violation, so usually banks do not risk violating - with a reserve. This norm rules out any kind of currency "speculation" at your own risk.

AlexEro >> :

Don't listen to the vocational schoolboys, they will tell you more than that. Since bank capital = 10% of assets, the currency mismatch (open position) in Russia may not be more than 1% of total assets (it is not much). In reality, violation of this norm - is considered by the Central Bank of Russia and the Tax Inspectorate and other serious dudes - a fairly serious violation, so usually banks do not risk violating - with the reserve. This normative completely excludes any currency "speculation" at one's own risk.

Let's not blather on, let's give you the standard. (I pointed out the source).

Avals >> :

Practically, it makes sense to discuss the algorithm for deciding to open/reduce/close a currency position by a particular bank. It is clear that there is no single algorithm and that it depends on local legislation. Therefore it is possible to talk in terms of the country. How these decisions relate to banks' accounting periods, tax due dates, expiry of exchange contracts, etc. imha, you can find the specifics of the calendar here, which allows you to derive practical benefit already, and not just theory.

In Russia - NO, it doesn't, as there is no currency "speculation" as such.

In normal countries, YES. But I believe that bank "speculation" does not generate a turnover of 3 trillion a DAY.

BARS >> :

Let's not blather on, let's give you the standard. (>> I gave you the source.)

>> Which one?

AlexEro >> :

>> which one?

The CBR requirement to close an open position.

Sberbank's equity (capital) for January-March 2009 was 741 billion roubles, according to the bank's IFRS statement. The bank is short of equity))) 10% - 74.1 yards. or ~$2.45 yards.

BARS >> :

A requirement of the Central Bank to close an open position.

Sberbank of Russia's equity (capital) for January-March 2009 was 741 billion roubles, according to the bank's IFRS statement. The bank's equity is low )))) 10% - 74.1 yd. or ~ 2.45 yd.

There's a requirement to close the position UP TO THE LIMIT by the end of the day. Don't you get it?

And as for what is written in the heat of the moment on the definition link - claims to that website.

If you have a link with a better definition of a currency position - why didn't you post it?

If you had read the link yourself with the calculation you would have seen that the open position also includes Rubles. This means that all correspondent accounts - domestic and INTERNATIONAL of Sberbank of Russia may have 2.45 billion dollars lying around at the end of the day - and this is VERY SMALL. Therefore, within any large bank, there is even an internal redistribution of funds on the correspondent accounts - and even on the INTERNAL CORRESPONDENT ACCOUNTS. And this is difficult.

PapaYozh >> :

This is where you are wrong. A legal entity has nothing of its own. Everything was purchased with what it was credited with. If you look at the balance sheet, you will see that debit and credit are equal. The gist of my question was "doesn't a debit in bank accounting denote a debt, just like in accounting?". The same goes for credit. But that's a digression from the subject in general.

The joke comes to mind:

---

An old accountant used to start his working day by opening the top drawer of his desk and scrutinizing something in it.

When he died, curious colleagues opened his desk, pulled out a drawer and saw a piece of paper that said:

"debit to the left, credit to the right".

In fairness, I have to stand up for AlexEro

AlexEro is absolutely right on this point.

Customer credit - bank debit

There can also be a confusion about the bank's own funds.

And your passage "A legal entity has nothing of its own. All bought with what it was lent" is just a new word in economics (no mockery).

But none of this has anything to do with the question at hand.

One thing we can say is that AlexEro has worked or is working in a bank and has become active on the forum at a time of mass redundancies in credit departments

AlexEro >> :

There is a requirement to close a position above the limit by the end of the day. Don't you get it?

And as for what is written in the heat of the moment on the definition link - a complaint to that site.

If you have a link with a better definition of the currency position - why haven't you posted it?

If you had read the link with the calculation, you would have seen that the open position also includes Rubles. This means that all correspondent accounts - domestic and INTERNATIONAL of Sberbank of Russia may have 2.45 billion dollars lying around at the end of the day - and this is VERY SMALL. Therefore, within any large bank, there is even an internal redistribution of funds on the correspondent accounts - and even on the INTERNAL CORRESPONDENT ACCOUNTS. And this is complicated.

I do not dispute that it is difficult and there are such departments. But next time you tell me about the limits ;)

Now tell me how banks do it.

"Closed - in Russia and Ukraine - it's kind of a requirement of the National Banks. There are many ways for banks not to do this.