Now let's be clear, do patterns work? Let's discuss) - page 6

Mischek >> :

Better 2007

LeoV 2008

and the results of the fitting I think it is not necessary to give

Although this way we get stuck in the lifetime of the patterns

Then it will be that the regularity should always work and if it does not, it is not a regularity ...

A pattern may appear or it may disappear. It is not enough to find a pattern, the system must constantly exploit it, and identify as quickly as possible when it does not exist.

There are regularities and they start from 4h charts and above. Unfortunately it took me a lot of time and money to come to this simple conclusion.

nkeshka >> :

Now a bit about patterns. If there is NO pattern there should be roughly 50% winners 50% losers from each trade, and in both cases the DC earned on spreads and other stuff. Let's move on. OFFICIALLY we have 5% winners and 95% losers. QUESTION. WHY? So there is a pattern. Go on. Why does no one see it? I am sure that most people work and earn by intuition, although they are sure that they have found a pattern. The main pattern is lack of information that a trader gets and many provocations that push to wrong actions. Now about the pattern. Who has access to full information about specific (REAL) volumes of transactions in online mode, he simply knows when the price will change and in what direction, buy a couple of seconds before reaching a critical mass of transactions, and having a very solid amount, even adjust the speed of price change. Kayf swim on the wave..... So, the main GREAT thing for a mere mortal trader is to feel the mood of the psycho or psychos who move the chart. Pardon me if anyone got caught up in this. Pure reflection...:o)

I see this design in a different way.

At once we will divide participants into two groups, to us Suetas with a deposit from $ 1 up to several tens of kilos whose movements do not have the slightest relation to any movement on the chart because of several reasons, and those who move the chart.

Availability of access to forex, deposits from $ 1, free platforms, illusory clarity and ease of earning led to the fact that the process has joined a huge number of ( here we do not want to offend anyone )

people who don't have to do it. The result is 95/5.

As for those who move the chart, these are people for whom the market is years of study, practice is work, rather than an attempt to work a couple of hours a day, to make a printing press in a week.

And to reduce everything to a cup, well that's ridiculous.

Mischek >> :

Better 2007

LeoV 2008

and the results of the fitting I think it is not necessary to give

Although this way we get stuck in the lifetime of the patterns

Then it will be that the regularity should always work and if it does not, it is not a regularity ...

By the way, LeoV's results confirm my words and he could have been losing already in the beginning, and Better either successfully adjusted or found a pattern.

FOXXXi писал(а) >>

By the way, the results of LeoV confirm my words and he could lose already in the beginning, and Better either successfully adjusted, or found a pattern.

IMHO-optimization can be applied only to systems with constant coefficients (parameters) and to constant functional "relations" between them. Neural networks for example do not belong to such systems, neither do self-training systems, nor systems with artificial intelligence. So, the notion of fitting, it is as if a momentary state of such systems ( listed above)... And evidently in general the discussion of what such a fitting has a sense to refer only to so called primitive systems.

No, I'm not reducing it to a glass. It's a bigger volume, so to speak, a common pot. And yet, the information on the actual volume of trades remains a mystery. I think it is logical, otherwise everything would be too predictable. And the whole point of the currency market disappeared. But we can observe indirect indicators and maybe even guess volumes and directions. It is these indirect indicators that we have to look for. But they are fickle as well...)

The more I read all this, the more I realise why the prismal needs a satellite.

wenay писал(а) >>

scraped.... That's funny, I was just thinking about sending it to someone because I don't want to do it myself, I gave it up half a year ago because I thought it was too time-consuming, can you do it?

I've got it on my laptop, so it's a holiday tomorrow and then Wednesday,

So somewhere on Wednesday-Thursday wait, by the way I have there versions (a huge number, 40 pieces) I'll throw them all, and a couple of reports, ..... i had no idea about mql (i never looked at the tutorial, i tried to learn it by gut feeling. (A builder by profession myself....)

But there is a silver lining!!!! In the Swatnick (as I understand it now the field is not wide, i.e. it sets as there is a signal (in tests it sets at the peaks in wrong direction, but in total it is OK, I even tried to change the direction in some version for fun - not bad results, but worse. By the way there is no trawl or anything in general.

And me please!!!

Mischek >>: Availability of forex, deposits from 1 $, free platforms, illusory clarity and ease of earning led to the fact that the process joined a huge number of ( here we do not want to offend anyone )

>> people who don't have to do it.

Yep, it's time for a reminder of Korey's slightly neglected brilliant entry onto the scene of this forum. This is the first post on The Power of Alignment. Looking on, another (all Korey's posts on the page except the first), another (all the posts on the page), another masterpiece and here we go. You can read only one Korey's posts on a topic and even out of the context of the discussion they are quite perceived as something whole. But you can also just read the entire discussion from Korey's first post (page 35 of the thread) to about page 45. Others have had a good go at it, it's nice to read.

P.S. It goes without saying that everything is organized like a food pyramid: the most powerful layer - the traders of the first step, then, a smaller layer - the second, etc., to the kings of the animal kingdom ("wolves"), which can be counted on the fingers.

goldtrader писал(а) >>

What a pearl!

Where else can you look for solutions and patterns but in history?

The 1st minute bar that closed and everything after it is HISTORY.

Without considering past market behaviour we are stepping into the abyss.

And the criteria by which one can reliably distinguish between

between optimization and fitting, there are already a lot of them.

Well, do you have a list of criteria that can be 100% automated and that leave a robust system in the output? By brute force on history, I meant specifically machine brute force. Any such algorithmic search is an attempt to maximise or minimise some complex functionality. My impression is that there is no such finite and universal functional. There are partial ones that, like any tool, need to be applied. This is a completely unformalizable task, approaches change along with the market, as well as with the trader's development.

If only it were possible to algorithmize all this, large banks and investment companies with huge resources would do the overkill of any complexity. But they are still broke and most of them cannot even outbid a stock index, for example.

Reason: