A "break-even" strategy - page 2

m_a_sim >> :

With the help of past flops and the volatility of the instrument

Go for it!

It's easy in theory, but in practice...

goldtrader >> :

The trouble is that the height (amplitude) of the flat is not constant.

And also the slope... Then a flat with a downward slope or a clear sideways slope.

blend >> :
yes if you can show the graphs for 2006, 2007 and how much does MoD depend on the value of N-points parameter

I apologise for the error, these charts are for 2007-2008. And for 2006 you need to set a high H level, otherwise it will fail, volatility is low for this year. But with high H and profit is much lower. I believe that also a volatility indicator is needed. When volatility is high, then include this strategy. Suppose if the average absolute value of the difference between open and close for 10 days is above a certain level, then include the strategy.

The method is called "swing" a very old tactic.

The main advantage of this method is that in a flat market it winds up the whole deposit, it is essentially a martingale, but not a multi-step one, but a channel one.

If I wanted to combine them, I would not know who would do that. We should combine them, but who knows if we are going to flat or trend ahead?

If you know how to withdraw an extra pair, so that one side was always 1 lot more - then the method would be a perfect grail, but how to withdraw an extra pair of orders without wasting margin?

m_a_sim >> :

I apologize for the error, these charts are for 2007-2008. For 2006 year it is necessary to set high level H, otherwise it will fail.

I agree, such unsyndicator strategies are stuck with the deadlock of determining the H-parameter or the stoploss, but with properly chosen parameters such systems are undoubtedly good

i have experimented with volatility, i have come to nothing.

there are, in my opinion, two deadlocks: pips and similar symmetries

i think the solution is to get a good buy or sell signal from a reliable indicator, then execute the signal and correct the result in case of an error

Skymer >> :

In general, if you figure out how to remove an extra pair, so that in one direction there is always 1 lot more - then the method will be a complete grail, but how to remove an extra pair of orders not to waste margin?

You cannot take an extra pair off, because there is an unfixed loss in it.

2. Margin is not the biggest problem - there are brokers who take a small deposit for counter-open positions,

There are also brokers who don't take a deposit at all.

blend >> :

I agree, such unsyndicator strategies are stuck with the deadlock of determining the H-parameter or the stoploss, but with properly chosen parameters such systems are undoubtedly good

i have experimented with volatility, i have come to nothing.

there are, in my opinion, two deadlocks: pips and similar symmetries

If you already have a good indicator, you may use it to buy or sell, but if you think you have made a mistake, you should correct it with this strategy

This was my initial task, I just tested the functionality with this EA. In other words, I manually open a position at my discretion, and then this order is worked by the EA, and I do not set any stops for the order, the EA itself sets the level of stoploss, and then breakeven. It is better to open a position before the European or American sessions, when volatility is high.

Tactics similar to averaging.

But with averaging, one earns money during a flat period, while during a trend one loses money.

Here, it's exactly the opposite.

trend is not that difficult to predict. Let's list the events that lead to an upward or downward rally. I'll go first:

A change in the refinancing rate

Any TS based on increasing the lot after a loss is doomed.

Another thing is that there is the luck factor and in some cases you can manage to withdraw a lot of profit before the MC

If you withdraw your profit regularly. Sometimes several times more than the initial deposit. But it is the matter of luck.

Or as timbo would say, don't confuse trading with gambling.

goldtrader >> :

Any TS based on increasing the lot after losing is doomed.

+1

Screw that kind of MM.

Reason: