[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 528

Hi all, sorry to be off-topic, but I also want to test my ideas on the computer, but I don't have any programming skills. That's why I use Gordago Forex Optimizer. If i had tried it,could you please tell me how to make a deal to go out of it after a certain number of bars at the close? Thanks in advance!

Curiously, the Gordago description lists "attractive graphical interface" in the first place:))) but this is actually a programming forum...

costy_ писал(а) >>

The formula has an error and there is an error in the code, but for each bar it summarizes the difference between closing and opening for a certain per period.

useSignal2 = 1 //shows difference between close and open of each bar (statistics =))

useMA = 1 //simple moving average of the main line of the indicator with period maPeriod.

It is designed for sideways moves (not for forex but rather for commodities).

Toastmasters, much appreciated for your help, deepest respect (as Mariana Trench 11022m). Please tell me more about how it is calculated in the future.

Lupatik >>:
Всем привет!Извините,что не по теме,просто я тоже хочу протестировать свои идеи на компьютере,а навыков программирования нет. Поэтому пользуюсь программой Gordago Forex Optimizer. Кто пробовал ею пользоваться,скажите,пожалуйста,как в ней сделать,чтобы из сделки выходить через определенное количество баров,на закрытии? Заранее спасибо!

Maybe I'm wrong, but from what I understand Gorado is at some derelict initial stage and not ready for real work.

Is there any way of setting a non-standard timeframe in the strategy tester?

bliznec1986 >>:
можно ли как то в тестере стратегий задавать нестандартный таймфрейм???

You can't.

Only if you simulate it programmatically.

I press "Start" in the tester, then "Open chart" and so on several times.
I look through the charts without moving them and see the differences in the levels of opening and closing positions.
I am not touching the Expert Advisor properties, or any other settings.

How to fix it?

decent >>:
В тестере нажимаю "Старт", потом "Открыть график" и так несколько раз.
Просматриваю графики не двигая и вижу различия в уровнях открытий и закрытий позиций.
Ни свойства эксперта, ни какие-либо другие настройки не трогаю.

Как это исправить?

Not quite sure what you mean... But if I understood correctly - then on the same timeframe - at the same moment in time you have different quotes in the tester...
If so, you can't fix it in any way... The tester models quotes inside a bar. I.e., it gets only five parameters from the history for each bar - open/close, high/low and volume... Everything else is modeled by a pseudorandom number generator. And at every run - quotes inside the bar will be different...

lexandros >>:

Не совсем понял, о чем вы... Но если правильно понял - то на одном и том же таймфрейме - в один и тот же момент времени у вас в тестере разные котировки...
Если так - то это никак не исправишь... Тестер - моделирует котировки внутри бара. Т.е. из истории он получает всего пять параметров на каждый бар - открытие/закрытие, хай/лоу и обьем... Все остальное моделируется генератором псевдослучайных чисел. И при каждом прогоне - котировки внутри бара будут разными...

You got me right. Thank you for your reply. It all makes sense now.

If there is no possibility to set a non-standard TF in the strategy tester, how can I test a strategy with visualization for 10 minutes, for example? Are there any ways, especially if the indicators are repricing (adapting), their behavior can only be tracked online (and how to do it on a non-standard TF and not wait time (like in the tester) ????
Reason: