[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 1068

Vinin:

In the indicator (inside) you can put any colour you like.

What?)) Inside? Where?)

I go to the properties, put it on, it's off. Do I have to change it every time...

Make a template and restore it if necessary

Hello !

How many times do you have to ask a question before it goes into the annals and gets answered ? ) I asked yesterday morning on page 1066 - the experts were already here but the question was not answered....(

volshebnik:

Hello !

Please tell me what the profitability of 981 means? Is it possible? Is it the sum of all positive profits 981 times more than the sum of all losses ? (but the profit is 24 and the drawdown is 13... something I don't understand....). I optimise by the "Profit Factor".

Where's the $13 drawdown here...?

Here's the test report:

What is the question?

The Profit Factor is calculated as the amount earned on profitable positions divided by the amount earned on unprofitable ones. You have only one losing position and your loss is very small, only 2 cents. Profitability may be infinite when there are no losing trades.

The drawdown of $13 has obviously been in the deal, which eventually closed on profit or with that small loss. Launch this run in visualization mode and everything will become clear.

Read this article.

SZY. By the way test/optimization results where 5 trades are NOTHING. Even 100-200-300 trades is far from guaranteeing that on OOS your TS will give profit. You need at least more than 500, better from 1000 or more.

goldtrader:

What is the question?

The Profit Factor is the amount earned on profitable positions divided by the amount earned on unprofitable ones. You have only one losing position and your loss is very small, only 2 cents. Profitability may be infinite when there are no losing trades.

The drawdown of $13 has obviously been in the deal, which eventually closed on profit or with that small loss. Launch this run in visualization mode and everything will become clear.

Read this article.

SZY. By the way test/optimization results where 5 trades are NOTHING. Even 100-200-300 trades is far from guaranteeing that on OOS your TS will give profit. You need at least more than 500, better from 1000 or more.

If the drawdown was in a trade that closed with a profit, it should be shown by the green line "Funds" on the chart, no? The run in visualisation mode is exactly what was shown in the message. The green line there does not show this drawdown. The article was reread for once - it does not give me anything new, and the answer to why the drawdown is not shown on the chart is the same. That is why I am asking here. And the fact that 5 trades are trades for 3 years. I understand that they are few, but don't run them for 100 years ?

volshebnik:

If the drawdown was in a trade that closed with a profit, it should be shown by the green line "Funds" on the chart, no? The run in visualisation mode is exactly what was shown in the message. The green line there does not show this drawdown. The article was reread for once - it does not give me anything new, and the answer to why the drawdown is not shown on the chart is the same. That is why I am asking here. And the fact that 5 trades are trades for 3 years. I understand that it's not a lot, but you can't run it for 100 years?

The chart you have does not show the drawdown, which may have been from the opening to closing of the position. But it might have been. And it was probably the same $13. If you start it in visualization mode, then on the chart of the currency pair you will see the moments of opening/closing of all positions. And it is not difficult to check it manually for five trades.

3 years or 300 years in this case is not so important. The point is that checking the patterns on five trades is nonsense. Sooner or later you will agree with that.

volshebnik:

If drawdown was in the deal that closed with a profit, then it should be displayed with the green line "Funds" on the chart, no? The visualisation run was exactly what was shown in the message. The green line there does not show this drawdown. The article was reread for once - it does not give me anything new, and the answer to why the drawdown is not shown on the chart is the same. That is why I am asking here. And the fact that 5 trades are trades for 3 years. I understand that they are few, but don't run them for 100 years ?

This is the visualisation graph I'm talking about:

It shows the price and the moment the position is opened, the real drawdown is visible and the moment it is closed, profit/loss on it is visible.

And in that chart that you have given drawdowns in individual transactions are NOT displayed, but the results are displayed.

Let's perform a simple experiment proving that the drawdown in a separate (each) trade does NOT show up on the balance/equity graph.

Let's write an Expert Advisor of two lines of code:

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//| expert start function                                            |
int start() {

if (OrdersTotal() == 0 && Ask < 1.2200)
      OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, 0.1, Ask, 0, 0, 1.3000);

}

Let's run it on the EURUSD D1 chart from May 1, 2010 to August 1, 2010. It will have to buy EUR at 1.2200 without a stop and close the position at take profit at 1.3000 We will see the drawdown on the balance/equity chart and on the visualization chart:

As you can see, on the visualization chart (upper in the screenshot) drawdown is visible, and on the balance/equity chart it is NOT. There is only one trade there. Let's look at the tester report:

In the tester report, the drawdown is FIGURING.

I hope the question is now cleared?

Perhaps, there is a question "WHY is it done that way?" It is a question not for us, the users, but for MT4 developers. In my opinion, this is wrong because the balance/equity chart does not show overbetting.

costy_:

During the year the number of clients changes drastically (so I understand), then the dynamics of the number of people being rehabilitated should be taken into account(history repeats itself).

Bind yourself to the time, on December 1 every year go where ...

And so on all points

Or there is a good method of minimization

http://www.google.com.ua/search?source=ig&hl=ru&rlz=1G1GGLQ_RUUA357&=&q=%D0%97%D0%B0%D0%B4%D0%B0%D1%87%D0%B0+%D0%BC%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%B8%D0%B7%D0%B0%D1%86%D0%B8%D0%B8+%D1%83%D0%BF%D1%83%D1%89%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B9+%D0%B2%D1%8B%D0%B3%D0%BE%D0%B4%D1%8B&btnG=%D0%9F%D0%BE%D0%B8%D1%81%D0%BA+%D0%B2+Google&aq=f&oq=

Desktop_1.zip (2 871.41 KB) Delete

Thank you very much for your reply!

Question for connoisseurs

Can I create my own trading tool for my tester?

Replace EURUSD30_2.fxt with mine or something else.

metaquotes\tester\history\EURUSD30_2.fxt

I tried to create simple_csv2fxt, but tester has replaced the file with its own one.

Maybe someone has some experience of creation, thank you.

Reason: