[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 1143

volshebnik:
I'm not familiar with John, much less the almighty. I'm sorry.)

Meet https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/124482.

volshebnik:
? ) You'll find out soon enough, maybe later.) Copernicus and Galileo were also persecuted for being round.) For you it is a horror, a curiosity, only through ignorance ) The Llamas did not reveal everything to Hitler, though the Reich tried.)
Perspective :)))

Roman.:

Yes
Testing Av02 for 2000 on M5 gave a good loss on both the euro and the pound.

volshebnik:
The Av02 test for the year 2000 gave a good loss on both the euro and the pound.
If the average loss per trade is more than two spreads, you can reverse the system and there will be a profit.

paukas:
If the average loss per trade is more than two spreads, you can reverse the system and you will make a profit.
Are you talking about Av02 exactly? Because the "trick" you suggest does not work with other EAs - it gives losses too: I checked it more than once.

volshebnik:
Are you referring to Av02 specifically? Because this "trick" you suggest does not work with other EAs - it gives losses too: I checked it more than once.

If the average loss per trade is more than 2 spreads, it works on any EA.

volshebnik:
Yes, but the criterion could be a year and the ability to earn a decent wage in that year.
??? The stability period of the system is impossible to guess, it can stop working at any time

paukas:

If the average loss per trade is more than 2 spreads, it's OK.

On Av02 max = 3, 841

volshebnik:
On Av02 no more = 3, 841
There you see. Get a "plum" system just as much as a profitable one.

eddy:
??? the stability period of the system is impossible to guess, it can stop working at any time
So the system and its optimisation before that is not working. The purpose of optimisation is to make the system work for the next period. And if in this short period it makes a loss, then it is not suitable.
Reason: