[ARCHIVE!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Can't go anywhere without you - 4. - page 630

First build your logic at the start, then do functions, files, etc.

Why scratch your left hand behind your right ear!

My function starts with a parameter declaration, see Kim's!

void ModifyOrder(int ticket, double pp, double sl, double tp, datetime e, color arrow_cl) 

borilunad:

My function starts with a parameter declaration, see Kim's!

Is that for me?

hoz:

Where's the logic in that? I'd like to understand... There is a function:

If the input variables i_sl and i_tp are not equal to zero, we get the prices of stop and take that will already be in the order - sl andtp. After that I will check if we have calculatedsl andtp here (if for shorts):

If the values are obtained, then they cannot be zero... because they will be changed! These are variables that we get sequentially by code context.

And here, I checked if we found the values of stop and take. How can they be zero after all the conditions?

Man, just noticed, notif(g_type == OP_BUY) butif(OrderType( )== OP_BUY|| OrderType( ) == OP_BUYSTOP||OrderType( )== OP_BUYLIMIT) can't remember which orders you open

hoz:

Is that for me?
Who's it for?

rigonich:

Man, just noticed, notif(g_type == OP_BUY) but if( OrderType( )== OP_BUY|| OrderType( ) == OP_BUYSTOP||OrderType( )== OP_BUYLIMIT) can't remember which orders you open
I have this function modifying all 4 order types and 2 position types, no more!

borilunad:
I have this function modifying all 4 order types and 2 position types, no more!

I just don't know what this function was originally, I completely agree with your comment about building the logic of the program first, and frankly, I don't see the point in changing anything in a function that works well, except as a "warm-up for the tail". It's just that if a person asks something, he probably needs to, and without knowing the logic of the program, it's hard to know if you're answering the question correctly.

rigonich:

I just do not know what this function was originally, I completely agree with your comment that you should first build the logic of the program, and, frankly, I do not see the point of changing anything in a function that is working properly, except as a "warm-up for the tail".

Physical exercise helps to refresh your head! So the function is not properly induced!

One learns gradually, methodically, without haste, from the simple to the complex. And whoever wants everything at once, all at once, will always have mush in his head!

Here's a question.

I need a function that reduces the lot of a pending order. Since modification of the lot is not possible, it turns out that I have to delete and then put in its place the same but with a smaller lot.

Please advise how to implement it, preferably with an example.

rigonich:

In the history or on the chart? In what form do you want to see the result in the chart window or in a separate window printed as a table, if so, with what kind of data, in the form of candles of a different colour, in the form of lines connecting the beginning and end of the movement? Write more specifically and when you have time, I will do it.

In the form of lines connecting the start and end of a movement. In bright yellow, for example.

Disable auto-scrolling and chart shifting, then start scrolling back and watch the marked movements.

andropov.open.by

___

This is not a dummy, believe me.

Reason: