[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 981

Nail_Saby:

My question remains unanswered.

Still, how can I filter the number of incoming signals from the indicator? For example, the Expert Advisor accepts signal number three to start working, i.e. the first two signals are skipped and the third one is accepted for action. As I wrote above, I tried to implement it with global variables, but it does not work....

Anything can be done...

Try reading the signals. Without an indicator it's hard to say more, but it's just a guess and a guess.

artmedia70:

You can do anything...

Try reading the signals... Without an indicator it's hard to say much more, but just a guess and a guess.

ZZ_i indicator, gives a lot of signals in advance, I'd like to cut them off a bit...

Good afternoon!

Please help me find an EA that would close an open position after a given number of minutes (whether it is in profit or loss).

I can't find an Expert Advisor.

Nail_Saby:
Indicator ZZ_i, gives a lot of signals in advance, I'd like to cut them off a bit...

And then there's XX_i, YY_i and WW_i...

Do you know about them? And then there's Xyz_i... I'm going to have a fit... :)

In short, I'd like to post it to understand the problem... Or would you suggest to look for it, make it, check it, make it, and serve it up warmly?

I'm sorry... ...it's creepy... :)

artmedia70:

And then there's XX_i, YY_i and WW_i.

Do you know about them? And then there's Xyz_i... I'm going to go... :)

In short, I'd like to see it in order to understand the problem... Or why don't you suggest to look for it, make it, check it and give it to me?

I'm sorry... ...it's creepy... :)

Sorry...:) I've attached the indicator.
Files:
zz_i.mq4  7 kb

Nail_Saby:
Sorry...:) I've attached the indicator.

Well... ZigZag is a regular one... It only shows everything beautifully on history. The points that it sets on the extrema will not give you a signal to open the deal. The current extremum has not been formed yet and the point will be redrawn accordingly. It is good to use ZZ to catch a reversal/rebound that has already occurred and make calculations based on it.

artmedia70:

Well... ZigZag is a common... It only shows everything beautifully on the history. The points it sets on extrema will not give you a signal to open a deal. The current extremum has not been formed yet and the point will be redrawn accordingly. It is good to use ZZ to catch a reversal/rebound that has already occurred and make calculations based on it.
It is all clear... But the question remains - how to filter the number of signals?

Nail_Saby: It is all clear... But the question remains - how to filter the number of signals?

Either by a counter that will count the number of signals :)

Or - if you mean the quality of signals - use the Group Currency Indicator... If there is still movement there, the Zigzag will soon be redrawn... :)

Aleksander:

or a counter that will count the number of signals :)

I'd like to make a signal counter. I just don't know how...

declare a variable

at start - when a signal is received, increase it by 1, when N signals are received, open a trade,

reset counter...

Reason: