[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 928

Techno:

what errors does it give when it does not open a position? You can try this

It doesn't give out any errors at all. That's the point.
Okay, I'll give it a shot, thanks.

Vinin:

If at least one position is open (any - by hand, by another EA) this EA will not work

I know this, I'm not a fool, then I wouldn't have set total<1, I'm trying to program it myself,

I'm naturally trying to figure out what I'm writing in the EA, but thanks for that)

Roman.:

Maybe your brokerage company does not allow to explicitly specify take and stop positions, check it - put zeros in their places in the opening order function.

That's not a bad idea either, I will check it for sure, thanks

The documentation says that:

double OrderClosePrice( )
It returns the closing price of the selected order.
The order must be pre-selected using the OrderSelect() function.

Example:
  if(OrderSelect(10,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_HISTORY)==true) { datetime ctm=OrderOpenTime(); if(ctm>0) Print("Open time for the order 10 ", ctm;
     ctm=OrderCloseTime(); if(ctm>0) Print("Close time for the order 10 ", ctm); } else Print("OrderSelect failed error code is",GetLastError();

But there is no example of "OrderClosePrice()" itself ?

Let's say it returned the closing value of a selected order, but how do I know if it was a stop or profit position?

gheka:

It returns the closing price of the selected order.
Example:

Suppose it returns the close values for a selected order, but how do I know it was a stop or profit position?

Here is the answer to many of your questions http://www.vedikhin.ru/2006/06/expert-advisors-overview.html

The trailer is the same but in Word format.

Files:

gheka:

Returns the close price of the selected order.
Example:

Let's say it returned the closing values of a selected order, but how do I know it was a stop or profit position?

This is a mess!!! I'm sorry, but this is the first time I see such a monstrous inattention, laziness to think and a complete lack of logical thinking. I don't think you should do programming... IMHO of course. No offense, but on the previous page, at the very beginning of it, I inserted the code you required, which returns the flag of closing the last position by a stop. Anticipating your question about what is the previous page, I will give it to you here:

//+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
//|  Автор    : Ким Игорь В. aka KimIV,  http://www.kimiv.ru                   |
//+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
//|  Версия   : 19.05.2008                                                     |
//|  Описание : Возвращает флаг закрытия последней позиции по стопу.           |
//|  Параметры:                                                                |
//|    sy - наименование инструмента   (""   - любой символ,                   |
//|                                     NULL - текущий символ)                 |
//|    op - операция                   (-1   - любая позиция)                  |
//|    mn - MagicNumber                (-1   - любой магик)                    |
bool isCloseLastPosByStop(string sy="", int op=-1, int mn=-1) {
  datetime t;
  double   ocp, osl;
  int      dg, i, j=-1, k=OrdersHistoryTotal();

if (sy=="0") sy=Symbol();
  for (i=0; i<k; i++) {
    if (OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_HISTORY)) {
      if (OrderSymbol()==sy || sy=="") {
        if (OrderType()==OP_BUY || OrderType()==OP_SELL) {
          if (op<0 || OrderType()==op) {
            if (mn<0 || OrderMagicNumber()==mn) {
              if (t<OrderCloseTime()) {
                t=OrderCloseTime();
                j=i;
              }
            }
          }
        }
      }
    }
  }
  if (OrderSelect(j, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_HISTORY)) {
    dg=MarketInfo(sy, MODE_DIGITS);
    if (dg==0) if (StringFind(OrderSymbol(), "JPY")<0) dg=4; else dg=2;
    ocp=NormalizeDouble(OrderClosePrice(), dg);
    osl=NormalizeDouble(OrderStopLoss(), dg);
    if (ocp==osl) return(True);
  }
  return(False);
}

If you can, you can figure it out. There's a search for an order and its selection, and a comparison of the close price with its StopLoss value...

Although... I don't think it will help...

artmedia70:

It's a total fucking mess!!! Forgive me, but this is the first time I've seen such monstrous inattention, laziness to think and a complete lack of logical thinking. I don't think you should do programming... IMHO of course. No offense, but on the previous page, at the very beginning of it, I inserted the code you required, which returns the flag of closing the last position by a stop. Anticipating your question about what is the previous page, I will give it to you here:

If you can, you can figure it out. There's a search for an order and its selection, and a comparison of the closing price with its StopLoss value...

Although... I guess - doesn't help...

Everyone has started once and hasn't been that stupid yet, the mate just might not be awake yet...

Although you forgot to add that it returns a flag, but not the one that flies on buildings and ships... :-)

Here we go.... I'd better take it down before you go on for eight pages.

I would always be interested to know how you are thanked for your help. I've certainly received it a couple of times, maybe more. Who knows what kind of thank yous there are?

A classic phrase: My gratitude will be limitless within reason.

Hello, folks.

I searched and couldn't find anything. I'm asking for help.

Need to calculate the average candle per period and the average Zigzag swing.

I need a link. I've been looking... This is the only one I could find.

I wish I had some turkeys...

Files:
elu.zip  3101 kb
Reason: