[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 922

_SS_:
How can I determine the open order type?

OrderType()

Actually, you should start with a textbook... :) Or at least use F1 in MetaEditor

int OrderType( )
Returns order type of the currently selected order. It can be one of the following values:
OP_BUY - buy position,
OP_SELL - sell position,
OP_BUYLIMIT - pending Buy order upon reaching a specified level, the current price is higher than the level,
OP_BUYSTOP - pending Buy order when the specified level is reached, the current price is below the level,
OP_SELLLIMIT - pending sell order when the specified level is reached, current price is below the level,
OP_SELLSTOP - pending sell order when the specified level is reached, current price is above the level.
The order must be pre-selected using the OrderSelect() function.
Example:
 int order_type; if(OrderSelect(12, SELECT_BY_POS)==true) { order_type=OrderType(); // ... } else Print("OrderSelect() has returned an error - ",GetLastError());

gheka:

double NormalizeDouble( double value, int digits)

value - Floating point value. --- what is it?
digits - Precision format, the number of digits after the decimal point (0-8). --- like 1.29800 is 5 digits, right?

A floating point value is a real number like double

And instead of digits use a variable of int type

For example int dg=MarketInfo ( Symbol(), MODE_DIGITS);

extern double Lot=0.01; // Жестко заданное колич. лотов
datetime time;
//--------------------------------------------------------------- 2 --
int start()
{
int Total;

bool
Ans =false, // Ответ сервера после закрытия
Cls_B=false, // Критерий для закрытия Buy
Cls_S=false, // Критерий для закрытия Sell
Opn_B=false, // Критерий для открытия Buy
Opn_S=false; // Критерий для открытия Sell

//--------------------------------------------------------------- 3 --
// Учёт ордеров

for(int i=OrdersTotal()-1;i>=0;i--)
if (OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS)&&OrderSymbol()==Symbol()&&OrderType()>1)Total++;

if(Total!=0 || time==Time[1])return;

static int KolBars;

if (Close[0]-Open[0] > Point && Close[1]-Open[1] > Point && Bars == KolBars)

{

KolBars=Bars ; // запоминаем кол-во бар при которых совершались действия

}

// Торговые критерии

// Критерий откр. Buy

Opn_B=true;

//--------------------------------------------------------------- 7 --

if (Opn_B)
{OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lot,Ask,0,0,0);time=Time[1];}

}

Please help, I'm asking for the 3rd time. An elementary EA, opens a buy position at the appearance of a new candle (provided the previous 2 candles are green), and closes the position at the close of the candle on which the position was opened, or at the close of the next candle.

The one you see above opens a position every time a new candle appears, without reacting to the opening criteria, but I don't understand how to close the position, I couldn't find it in the tutorial or on the forums.

artmedia70:

Floating point value is a real number of double type

And instead of digits use a variable of int type

For example int dg=MarketInfo ( Symbol(), MODE_DIGITS);

They wrote to me: "NormalizeDouble(), check for maximum/minimum lot limit, if five digits - increase stop and profit by 10 times".

The documentation says: "Rounding floating point number to specified precision. The calculated StopLoss and TakeProfit values, as well as opening prices of pending orders must be normalized to the accuracy, the value of which is stored in the predefined variable Digits."

I did not find it in the textbook. I understood that I need to normalize the current price, StopLoss and TakeProfit with NormalizeDouble --- how should I normalize it?

double value -- instead of double value I can use e.g. Prise

int digits -- and this variable dg is equal to MarketInfo( Symbol(), MODE_DIGITS); ???

gheka:

I was written: "NormalizeDouble(), check for maximum/minimum lot limit, if five digits - increase stop and profit by 10 times".

The documentation says: "Rounding floating point number to specified precision. The calculated StopLoss and TakeProfit values, as well as opening prices of pending orders must be normalized to the accuracy, the value of which is stored in the predefined variable Digits."

I did not find it in the tutorial, I understand I need to normalize the current price, StopLoss and TakeProfit with NormalizeDouble --- if so, how exactly?

double value -- instead of it, I can set e.g. Prise

int digits -- and this variable dg is equal to MarketInfo( Symbol(), MODE_DIGITS); ???

int StopLoss=50; // StopLoss in pips

int TakeProfit=150; // TakeProfit in pips

intOrderDistance=50; // Pending order distance in points

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

int pt=MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_POINT); // Point size in the quote currency

int dg=MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_DIGITS); // Number of digits after the decimal point in the symbol price

int StLev=MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_STOPLEVEL); // Minimum allowed stop loss/stake profit level in points

double pa=MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_ASK); // Ask price

double pb=MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_BID); // Bid price

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

double slB=NormalizeDouble(pa-StopLoss*pt, dg); // normalize StopLoss price level for Buy position

double tpB=NormalizeDouble(pa+TakeProfit*pt, dg); // normalize TakeProfit price level for Bid position

double slS=NormalizeDouble(pb+StopLoss*pt, dg); // normalizeStopLoss price level for Sell position

double tpS=NormalizeDouble(pb-TakeProfit*pt, dg); // normalize TakeProfit price level for Sell position

doubleB=NormalizeDouble(pa+SetOrderDistance*pt, dg); // normalize price level for placing a Buy pending order

double SetS=NormalizeDouble(pb-SetOrderDistance*pt, dg); // normalize price for placing a Sell pending order

double slBS=NormalizeDouble(SetB-StopLoss*pt, dg); // normalize price level of StopLoss for a pending Buy order

double tpBS=NormalizeDouble(SetB+TakeProfit*pt, dg); // normalize price level of TakeProfit of the pending Buy order

double slSS=NormalizeDouble(SetS+StopLoss*pt, dg); // normalize price level of StopLoss for the pending Sell order

double tpSS=NormalizeDouble(SetS-TakeProfit*pt, dg); // Normalize the price level of TakeProfit of the pending Sell order

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Figure it out... :)

And do not forget about StopLev - int StLev=MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_STOPLEVEL);

Check the minimum stop and takeaway distance to make sure it is not less than this value

artmedia70:

int StopLoss=50; // StopLoss in points

int TakeProfit=150; // TakeProfit in points

intOrderDistance=50; // Pending order placement distance in points

int pt=MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_POINT); // Point size in the quote currency

int dg=MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_DIGITS); // Number of digits after the decimal point in the symbol price

int StLev=MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_STOPLEVEL); // Minimum allowed stop loss/stake profit level in points

double pa=MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_ASK); // Ask price

double pb=MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_BID); // Bid price

double slB=NormalizeDouble(pa-StopLoss*pt, dg); // normalize StopLoss price level for Buy position

double tpB=NormalizeDouble(pa+TakeProfit*pt, dg); // normalize TakeProfit price level for Bid position

double slS=NormalizeDouble(pb+StopLoss*pt, dg); // normalize StopLoss price level for Sell position

double tpS=NormalizeDouble(pb-TakeProfit*pt, dg); // normalize TakeProfit price level for Sell position

doubleB=NormalizeDouble(pa+SetOrderDistance*pt, dg); // normalize price level for placing a Buy pending order

double SetS=NormalizeDouble(pb-SetOrderDistance*pt, dg); // normalize price for placing a Sell pending order

double slBS=NormalizeDouble(SetB-StopLoss*pt, dg); // normalize price level of StopLoss for a pending Buy order

double tpBS=NormalizeDouble(SetB+TakeProfit*pt, dg); // normalize price level of TakeProfit of the pending Buy order

double slSS=NormalizeDouble(SetS+StopLoss*pt, dg); // normalize price level of StopLoss for the pending Sell order

double tpSS=NormalizeDouble(SetS-TakeProfit*pt, dg); // Normalize the price level of TakeProfit of the pending Sell order

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Figure it out... :)

And do not forget about StopLev - int StLev=MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_STOPLEVEL);

Check the minimum distance for setting stops and takeaways so that it is not less than this value

Thank you so much!!! I'll look into it! )

How do I create a function and call it?

Reinstalled Windows. the Alert window has stopped popping up. there is an audible notification, there is a log entry, but the floating window won't pop up.

I cleaned the terminal, recompiled everything. what could be the reason?

_SS_:
How do I create a function and call it?
For the umpteenth time, read a textbook and learn the basics... :)

artmedia70:
For the umpteenth time, read a textbook, study the material... :)
I tried it, it doesn't work!
Reason: