[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 800

Dersu:

Who has an opinion?

Well, if we knew what OBV and A\D were, maybe someone would respond to your question. Do you think there are telepaths here?

Vinin:

Put position size Lots=0.1 and you will be happy

no happiness... ( with 0.1 it's the same - may be it's too much information and it needs to look for bar info - logically one of ROKs is always bigger than another one, eh?

drknn:

Well, if we knew what OBV and A\D were, maybe someone would answer your question. You think we're all telepathic?

Sorry. On Balance Volume and Accymulation/Distribution.

It would be nice to have a constructor, too.

artmedia70:
iCustom();
How can I make a condition similar to the alerts? How can I get this information from the indicator?

T-G:
How to make a condition similar to the alert? How to get this information from the indicator?

Look through the code of the indicator and see in what situations it draws arrows, and then you will see what data to take from it for iCustom()

Or you can just place the indicator on the chart and watch at what positions of the price/indicator it draws arrows, and then read those data from its buffers and

compare it with the market ... When the indicator should draw arrows, your Expert Advisor should open a position. Here is the combination of these criteria

(arrows of the indicator and state of its data and market situation) will be a criterion for opening...

The indicator searches for the criteria for their output before drawing the arrows. So, these criteria are the signal to open the position.

Dersu:

I am using OBB and A/D in the same window. Is it possible to merge them together so that the following will happen when you activate the mode with the selection key: click on any point of the indicator and the two lines at that point will be pulled up to each other?

It cannot be done. The language must be able to process the OnClick() function - recognition and processing of mouse clicks. The MQL4 language has no such function.

drknn:
You can't do that. The language has to be able to process the OnClick() function - wait for the mouse clicks recognition and processing. The MQL4 language doesn't have such a function.

Is it possible to tie a vertical line to a bar and then get out of the situation with it?

I'm not competent but it's a question I'd like to ask.

Hmmm... Page 800, message 8000.

Dersu:

Is it possible to tie a vertical line to a bar and then get out of the situation with it?

I am not competent, but I would like to ask this question.

It is difficult to say, it is not clear what you mean by "get out of the situation". You can put a vertical line that will also go through the indicator window. But what is the use? Well, you have a line and what to do with it? Wouldn't it be easier to call the reading of one indicator, add them to the reading of another indicator, divide the sum by two and get the arithmetic mean? I don't use those indicators and I don't even know what they show, but I understand from your text that you really need it - the average of two indicators. Mathematically, it can be done. It is even possible to create a separate indicator. If only there was someone willing to do it...

drknn:

It's hard to say, it's not clear what you mean by "out of the situation". You can put a vertical line that goes through the indicator window as well. But what is the point? Well, you have a line and what to do with it? Wouldn't it be easier to call the reading of one indicator, add them to the reading of another indicator, divide the sum by two and get the arithmetic mean? In general, I don't use those indicators and I have no idea what they show, but I understand from your text that you really need it - the average of two indicators. Mathematically, it can be done. It is even possible to create a separate indicator. It would only take someone willing to do it...

If you do not mind putting these indicators on EURUSD in one window on W1 and looking at the last trend, it will be closer to the topic.

The beginning of the trend coincides well. It would be good to overlap both lines at break points of OBV. And let the rest of the

the rest of the story shifts, no big deal. This is just an example. (it is obligatory in one window and not two indicators separately)

And pay attention to the end of 2008.

artmedia70:

Look through the code of the indicator and see in what situations it draws arrows, and then you will see what data to take from it for iCustom()

Or you can just place the indicator on the chart and watch at what positions of the price/indicator it draws arrows, and then read those data from its buffers and

compare it with the market ... When the indicator should draw arrows, your Expert Advisor should open a position. Here is the combination of these criteria

(arrows of the indicator and state of its data and market conditions) will be a criterion for opening...

Understand - the indicator, before drawing the arrows, looks for the criteria for their conclusion. So - these criteria are the signal to open the position...

What do I mean? Does it mean that the calculation code should be transferred to the Expert Advisor? And how can I pull information from buffers? How can I then optimise it?
Reason: