[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 607

artmedia70:

...Is there any way to reduce such slippage? Your thoughts?

Welcome to our company, Artem! You with your tireless work, initiative and ingenuity have earned the right to join the circle of people who have been solving this issue for many years without success. Congratulations! You are now a full-fledged member of the forum.

Hello!!! Can you please advise how to implement this in code? I should have 3 (Amounts are set separately) unprofitable sl orders to open two buy and sell orders. The distance between them should be set in a separate variable.

keekkenen:

you can't use zero bar in the tester, for the simple reason that despite the fact that it's only being formed (tester ticks) the tester has complete information about the prices of this bar, because it (the bar) is a fait accompli and the tester looks into the future taking data from the quotes history, not what it generates with ticks... shift one bar to the left and consider Momentums for 1,2,3 instead of 0,1,2 and demo 1 instead of 0...

It also makes sense to use only current m5 and multiply period where older prices are used. 14 * PERIOD_H1 / Period() and 14 * PERIOD_M15 / Period()

I am very interested in it. The point is that the Expert Advisor should work using a combination of various strategies on each TF. On M5 - I have six strategies (this test on the sixth). How will I be able to test all strategies in the tester not individually, as at the moment, but in combination?

If the test is run on М5 of those strategies, which should work on it, then there are no problems - all six strategies get on well together in the tester, but how to make it possible to test the totality of all strategies on each TF, testing only on the lowest of all TFs - on М5?

Here is what you wrote, it seems to me, can solve the problem of testing strategies designed to work on higher TFs by testing on the current M5.
I do not understand the formula of calculating the multiple of period increase.

Is it possible to show it on the example of the code I have already shown, but for calculation of higher TFs?
I understand that the salt is scattered somewhere here:

MomML_0   =iMomentum(NULL,PERIOD_M5,14,PRICE_CLOSE,0);
   MomML_1   =iMomentum(NULL,PERIOD_M5,14,PRICE_CLOSE,1);
   MomML_2   =iMomentum(NULL,PERIOD_M5,14,PRICE_CLOSE,2);

MomST_0  =iMomentum(NULL,PERIOD_H1,14,PRICE_CLOSE,0);
   MomST_1  =iMomentum(NULL,PERIOD_H1,14,PRICE_CLOSE,1);
   MomST_2  =iMomentum(NULL,PERIOD_H1,14,PRICE_CLOSE,2);

DeM5     =iDeMarker(NULL,PERIOD_M5, 14,0);
   DeM15    =iDeMarker(NULL,PERIOD_M15,14,0);

Somewhere here we need to set parameters for the higher TF?
Or is it possible to test strategies on the current M5, intended to work on e.g. H1?

artmedia70:
This is what I am very interested in.

Is there somewhere to set parameters for higher TFs?
Or is it still possible to test on the current M5, strategies designed to work on, say, H1?

MomML_0   =iMomentum(NULL,PERIOD_M5,14,PRICE_CLOSE,0);
MomML_1   =iMomentum(NULL,PERIOD_M5,14,PRICE_CLOSE,1);
MomML_2   =iMomentum(NULL,PERIOD_M5,14,PRICE_CLOSE,2);

MomST_0  =iMomentum(NULL,PERIOD_M5,14 * PERIOD_H1 / PERIOD_M5,PRICE_CLOSE,0);
MomST_1  =iMomentum(NULL,PERIOD_M5,14 * PERIOD_H1 / PERIOD_M5,PRICE_CLOSE,1);
MomST_2  =iMomentum(NULL,PERIOD_M5,14 * PERIOD_H1 / PERIOD_M5,PRICE_CLOSE,2);

DeM5     =iDeMarker(NULL,PERIOD_M5, 14,0);
DeM15    =iDeMarker(NULL,PERIOD_M5,14 * PERIOD_M15 / PERIOD_M5,0);

IgorM:

I've already racked my brains :) - here's the problem:

EA works in semi-automatic mode - its inputs are my outputs from positions, but I can not figure out - how to make the EA to make only one trade before my command for the next one, ie I just do not have a start/start button on the chart :) . My init() section is busy, and I can't disable my EA - its calculations are needed for correct trawling

If you haven't noticed it in private message, then here

oops, but MessageBox will get in the way - it will need to be confirmed or cancelled, you need a button like in MessageBox, but not in a separate window that will wait for a response :)

granit77:
Welcome to our company, Artem! You, with your tireless work, initiative and ingenuity, have earned the right to join the circle of people who have been solving this issue for years without success. Congratulations! You are now a full-fledged member of the forum.
Thank you... :) I'm sure the truth is out there somewhere, you just have to look at it with fresh eyes...

keekkenen:

Thank you!

Hello.

Question for Code Base experts, can you help me find an indicator/expert that finds emerging triangle reversals or breakout levels?

I seem to have a little understanding of how I want to control the button, but I'm not familiar with ObjectCreate(), so

how to write code to have three objects:

1. the inscription AUTO

2. the handwritten inscription

3. any character/emblem

3rd object = Icon I want to move to the label Auto or Manual and control the result of the function 1, 0 = where my icon is, and this result will be processed in the EA

thanks in advance

Reason: