[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 609

zelek:
Logically it should work, but why not, could you explain?

you need to make a comment and observe max, min and max-Bid

Maybe you should take it modulo- maybe you can't keep up with price movement - you will change either max or min every tick - these variables may change every tick, and I suggested to memorize them and use them later

Hi.

I'm inexperienced, can you explain to me why heiken ashi EAs are losing?

I think I'm getting a good impression when I look at the history of charts. As far as I know the heiken does not lag and does not overdraw.

Thanks,

IgorM:

you have to make a comment and observe max, min and max-Bid

Maybe you should take it modulo- maybe you can't keep up with the price movement - you will change either max or min every tick - these variables may change every tick, and I suggested to remember them and use them later

Thanks, I will try it now.

IgorM:

You need to make a comment and observe max, min and max-Bid

Maybe it should be modulo - you can't keep up with the price movement - you will change either max or min every tick - these variables may change every tick, and I suggested to memorise them and use them later

Parameters max and min should change only under the following conditions

if (Bid>max) max=Bid;
if (Ask<min) min=Ask;

i.e. max will go up with Bid, and will not go down

and together with the condition

if ((max-Bid)>=lim*Point) it will be like a virtual trailing stop.

zelek:

Parameters max and min should change only if

if (Bid>max) max=Bid;
if (Ask<min) min=Ask;

i.e. max will go up with Bid, but will not go down

and together with the condition

if ((max-Bid)>=lim*Point) all this will be like a virtual trailing stop.

In short, none of this works, does anyone have any idea how a virtual trailing stop works?

zelek:

In short it all does not work, maybe someone has some idea how a virtual trailing stop is set up
Take an ordinary trailing stop, but instead of modifying the order when the condition for this modification is met, remember the value of SL in a variable. When the price reaches this variable value downwards for Buy and upwards for Sell, close the position...

Greetings Comrades! Please help.

We have a standard ZZ.

It is necessary to get, with the help of iCustom, the values of the last and penultimate

peaks and troughs. How ?

Files:
zigzag.mq4  7 kb

zelek:

In short, it all doesn't work. Does anybody have any idea how a virtual trailing stop works?

You need to memorise the price when placing an Order_Ask and then compare this value with Ask and if your Order_Ask passes lim, only then modify Order_Ask

like this:

if ((Ask - Order_Ask ) > lim*Points ) Order_Ask ++ ;

and so you will move by 1 point. If you want to move with a lag of the price, then Order_Ask = Ask - lim*Points

spm130275:

Greetings Comrades! Please help.

We have a standard ZZ.

It is necessary to get, with the help of iCustom, the values of the last and penultimate

peaks and troughs. How ?

http://www.google.com.by/search?as_q=ZZ+ZigZag+%D0%B7%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%87%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%8F+%D0%BF%D0%BE%D1%81%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%B4%D0%BD%D0%B5%D0%B3%D0%BE+%D0%B8+%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B4%D0%BF%D0%BE%D1%81%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%B4%D0%BD%D0%B5%D0%B3%D0%BE&hl=en&client=firefox&rls=org.mozilla%3Aru%3Aofficial&num=10&btnG=%D0%9F%D0%BE%D0%B8%D1%81%D0%BA+%D0%B2+Google&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&cr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=mql4.com&as_rights=&safe=images

http://www.google.com.by/search?as_q=ZZ+ZigZag+%D0%B7%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%87%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%8F+%D0%BF%D0%BE%D1%81%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%B4%D0%BD%D0%B5%D0%B3%D0%BE+%D0%B8+%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B4%D0%BF%D0%BE%D1%81%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%B4%D0%BD%D0%B5%D0%B3%D0%BE&hl=ru&client=firefox&rls=org.mozilla%3Aru%3Aofficial&num=10&btnG=%D0%9F%D0%BE%D0%B8%D1%81%D0%BA+%D0%B2+Google&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&cr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=mql4.com&as_rights=&safe=images

You're a fucking smartass, shut the fuck up.

Reason: