[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 134

'Article 'Testing and optimising EAs'

//----------------------

There are answers to the questions after the article:

"Also. Check that you have the entire history of quotes for the tested symbol. At the time period, you are testing the Expert Advisor. If not, download the history by opening a chart and pressing (and holding) the HOME key on your keyboard. On all tf."

Wow. I've always scrolled with my mouse. Heh-heh-heh-heh. That's what it means to be self-taught.

rid >> :

'Article 'Testing and optimising EAs'

//----------------------

There are answers to the questions after the article:

"Also. Check that you have the entire history of quotes for the tested symbol. At the time period, you are testing the Expert Advisor. If not, download the history by opening a chart and pressing (and holding) the HOME key on your keyboard. For all timeframes."

For fast scrolling, it's even better to zoom out to the limit of the graph.

I don't think reducing the scale will affect the speed at which the story is swapped.

rid >> :
I don't think zooming out will affect the speed of story paging.

This has nothing to do with pumping up the history. What I mean is that the history you can squeeze out of the terminal is up to 65,000 bars, maybe more. And if you don't zoom out when scrolling through the chart, you'll have to hold down the HOME key for much longer before those 65,000 bars become available for testing.

This is what I usually do. I download the terminal and open the chart. I zoom out to the limit and start scrolling through the history. This history varies from firm to firm. Sometimes it is as little as 10-12 thousand bars. In other cases, it is more than 60 000 bars. If I do not perform the scrolling, the tester will see only the standard 2 thousand bars. That's why I'm saying that in order to quickly scroll through the history, it's better to zoom out to the limit. And it has nothing to do with history paging, that's not what I'm saying.

And why do people have to be told everything all the time. You either don't read carefully or you don't really understand what's being written. Sorry, of course. Nothing personal.

FOReignEXchange >> :

For fast scrolling it's even better to zoom out to the limit of the graph.

Don't overreact!

You're the one who needs to pay attention. Not me at all.

My reply (which you show in the message above) was in response to our visitor's question about FILLING quotes for further testing of the EA.

ABOUT FILLING ! And not about your scrolling!

But quoting my post about spooling, you suddenly indicate to me about spooling, which neither I nor anybody else asked about.

After which, trying to get out of a stupid situation - a petty rudeness to me!

>> Settle down.

rid >> :

Don't overreact!

You're the one who needs to pay attention. Not me at all.

My reply (which you show in the message above) was in response to our visitor's question about FILLING quotes for further testing of the EA.

ABOUT FILLING ! And not about your scrolling!

But quoting my post about spooling, you suddenly indicate to me about spooling, which neither I nor anybody else asked about.

After which, trying to get out of a stupid situation - a petty rudeness to me!

Settle down.

Woof, woof, woof. And you quote my post about scrolling where I didn't write anything about paging and talk about paging. Settle down. What kind of stupid conversation are you even having? I just wanted to tell you how to do scrolling more conveniently and that's all, and your paging is completely out of the question. You should be more careful, comrade. And secondly, I already apologized. So let's stop this nonsense here.

I agree.

In future, kind sir, don't bark at me like a naughty dog and choose your language when talking on the forum.

It's understandable that when you have nothing to say, you have to bark like a dog. I see.

I'm not the one who got into an argument with you and you shouldn't be snide with me.

In the future, do not respond to my posts because I am not interested in your opinion and answers.

I will not draw your attention to your presence on the forum either, as if you weren't even here.

This is the best way of our "peaceful coexistence" here.

Please. What is the problem. I don't find anything interesting in your posts either. It hurts.

Let the higher ups judge us. I'm sure I'm right and it's not my fault at all. You haven't changed my mind. Good luck.

MS The first boorish words started exactly from you.

Can you give me a hint, please?

I have a terminal running at home and an EA is trading on the chart.

If I run the terminal on another PC (at work) and set the same EA with the same parameters on the chart

1. Will my connection with server on my home PC be interrupted?

2. If the connection with the server on my home computer is broken, will the Expert Advisor "pick up" the open orders on my work computer?

Thank you very much.

Reason: