Trailing funds function (equity) - has anyone come across a ready-made one? - page 8

Rita >> :

How am I supposed to trawl for equity if my EA is always showing negative profits?

This is where to start, i.e. treating the cause of the disease, not the disease itself.

Rita >> :

Already turned my brain inside out! I can't figure out how to implement an equity trawl - without being tied to the balance.

How could I write a simple equity trawl?

Rita, a counter misunderstanding - why do you need to peg equity to the balance, as well as peg it to anything at all?

Rita wrote (a) >>

How can I trawl equity if my EA always shows negative profit?

I look at the chart and I don't see any negative profits...

Forget about the balance, it doesn't exist, leave it to the accountants... you don't need it.

I.e. - there is no profit, but there is a current loss (it is a peculiarity of advisor work, every position is closed (mostly) in profit, but all open positions are in total loss).

Reshetov >> :

This is where you should start, i.e. treating the cause of the disease, not the disease itself.

Not quite so!

Reshetov and alexx_v ! I will now explain the situation. (I'm not paying attention to the Balance).

Here is a snapshot from my real account (cent account) where the EA is working now.

Start deposit = 8000 units.

Balance =9568

Funds=8838

Profit (current)=730

Tactics advisor similar to the pyramid scheme (remember - Mavrodi, Vlastlin and others Khopyor and Selenga) :

The resulting (progressively-permanently closing) small profits go to the account - in the column of the ASSETS, and the growing losses are "written off" in the column of the current Profit.

However, there are two pyramids here - one is based on BUY deals, - the other is based on sell deals. These pyramids move in the opposite direction and due to this the AMOUNT increases faster than losses increase, i.e. faster than negative PROFIT increases.

However, this negative PRIORITY graph is always negative from the moment the EA is turned on.

It initially goes to the minus zone after the Expert Advisor has been switched on, and stays there forever (thus growing in absolute value).

That is why it is impossible to "cure the cause of the disease"! Otherwise the idea of the Expert Advisor will lose its meaning !

But the drawdown, it seems, is quite realistic. This is exactly what I need an equity trawl for.

However, I do not know yet how it can be implemented to make the graph of PROFIT work in the minus zone.

After all for EQUITY it is impossible to receive value on each bar - only its current value is known....

Rita >> :

Not really!

Reshetov and alexx_v ! I will explain the situation now. (I do not pay attention to the Balance).

The small profit (which is being closed progressively-permanently) goes into account - into the column CAPITAL, while growing losses are "written off" into the column current Profit.

You are confusing the concepts.

A closing profit or loss always changes only the balance. There is no change in equity (funds) when you close trades.

Balance = Previous balance value + profit on closed trade

Funds or equity = Balance + value of profit column.

Your equity (funds) initially falls into the negative zone.

Once again, you need to analyze the cause of the disease, i.e., the positive value of the profit column for open trades.

see. Almost a GRAAL!!! It's just a question of how to get money out of it.

Reshetov >> :

You are confusing things.

..... ...

You have equity (funds) initially falling into the minus zone.

Once again, you need to remedy the cause of the problem, i.e., you have to raise the equity above the balance and you can cheat.

see. Almost a GRAAL!!! It's just a matter of a small thing - how to get money out of it?

I'm totally confused then. I apologise for my cluelessness!

How does the MONEY initially fall into the minus zone, if since turning on the advisor

the initial deposit went from 8000 to 8838 ?

After all, when the EA was switched on (2 weeks ago) it was : balance = funds = 8000

If I close all trades now, the money in the account will be : balance=money=8838

//------------------------

P/S - I still think the profit to be closed goes into two boxes at once :

BALANCE and funds/.

How else could it be? Otherwise, it (closing profit) goes to "nowhere", i.e. to absolutely useless BALANCE.....

In the past, everything seemed to make sense. The profits, the balance sheet and the funds. Until I started to think about it.

As soon as I started to think about it, everything got mixed up in my head.

So far, only one thing is clear - it is better not to look at the balance, so as not to deceive myself...

Rita писал(а) >>

For now, one thing is clear - it is better not to look at the balance sheet at all, so as not to fool yourself...

Good, that would be a good starting point; you don't need anything apart from Equity

And now, if you really need to trawl equity (think it over, maybe you shouldn't?), you can use the standard function AccountEquity() and do whatever you like with its return values.

Rita >> :

How else could it be? Otherwise it (closing profit) goes to "nowhere" - i.e. absolutely useless BALANCE.....

They try to explain to you repeatedly that balance changes, i.e. closing "profits" is neither a profit nor a loss, but nothing at all - complete bullshit if there is even one open trade.

Rita >>:P/S - I still think that the profit to be closed goes into two boxes at once :

BALANCE AND CASH

You don't even have to think about it. I will repeat it again for non-professionals: equity does not change when trades are closed (virtual profit), so nothing goes into this column. Only the balance changes, and it has no importance at all.

maybe completely off-topic. but I would close ALL orders when equity, with K-orders greater than 0.HF of balance.

K should clearly be greater than 1.

Also. at the previous step the equity should be less than the current equity.

This is precisely the difficulty. How do you determine equity in the previous step(s)?

You have to rely on some previous equity value. Where to get it - the previous value of equity?

Reason: