Trading sessions or how important time is - page 10

Apparently, your quotes are in CET time, with DST (check).

Then the difference between Frankfurt, London and DC will be the same.

The difference between New York, Chicago and DC will be the same (except for the three weeks of the year due to non-synchronous transition).

The difference between Tokyo and DC will be different in winter/summer due to the lack of daylight saving time in Japan.

The difference between Sydney and DC will be different winter/summer due to summer/winter in the Southern Hemisphere.

That's what I think is right:

Exchange hours, CET: Frankfurt - 8-18, London - 9-19, New York - 15-22, Chicago - 16-23,
// Wellington - 21-6 in winter and 23-8 in summer, Sydney - 22-7 in winter and 0-9 in summer,
// Tokyo - 1-9 in winter and 2-10 in summer, Hong Kong - 2-10 in winter and 3-11 in summer.

By double volume I don't know. It's happening on a Sunday and not that important.

P.S. The beginnings of trading can be seen on volatility e.g. M15, at the same time check the correctness and fallacy of conclusions.

Erics писал (а) >>

Apparently, your quotes are in CET time, with DST (check).

Then the difference between Frankfurt, London and DC will be the same.

The difference between New York, Chicago and DC will be the same (except for the three weeks of the year due to non-synchronous transition).

The difference between Tokyo and DC will be different in winter/summer due to the lack of daylight saving time in Japan.

The difference between Sydney and DC will be different winter/summer due to summer/winter in the Southern Hemisphere.

That's what I think is right:

Exchange hours, CET: Frankfurt - 8-18, London - 9-19, New York - 15-22, Chicago - 16-23,
// Wellington - 21-6 in winter and 23-8 in summer, Sydney - 22-7 in winter and 0-9 in summer,
// Tokyo - 1-9 in winter and 2-10 in summer, Hong Kong - 2-10 in winter and 3-11 in summer.

By double volume I don't know. It's happening on a Sunday and not that important.

P.S. The beginnings of trading can be seen on volatility e.g. M15, at the same time to check if the conclusions are correct and wrong.

Full trend : )

I'm just working with the pound/yen...

I want to do a little analysis. But I need the dates of the transition from one time to another in the USA to begin with. At least from the year 2000. Although it's not too much of a problem to find

Here is the M15 candle length (once counted, statistics for the whole of 2007)

We see high volatility from 8:00 to 17:45 (based on M15 opening prices ).

You can calculate on M1 or M5 for summer and winter separately.

And I can share the script (it was for other purposes, that is why it was done in several runs).

Files:

what is that?

Parabellum писал (а) >>

Total crap :)

I'm just working with the pound/yen...

>> so what difference does it make?

Erics писал (а) >>

Here is the M15 candle length (once counted, statistics for the whole of 2007)

We see high volatility from 8:00 to 17:45 (based on M15 opening prices).

You can calculate on M1 or M5 for summer and winter separately.

And I can share the script (it was for other purposes though, so - in a few runs).

I do not know how to use it or how to contact you? It does not work for me. all the time gives the "generic error". i certainly understand that the theme for almost a month as not active. but maybe someone else will and looks at the court.

azik1111 писал (а) >>

I know this topic has been inactive for almost a month, but maybe someone is still looking.

The error is probably because it is not a script but an Expert Advisor for the tester.

I am sorry I did not tell you at once.

Erics писал (а) >>

The error is probably because it's not a script, but an EA for a tester.

I'm sorry I didn't tell you right away.

I'm sorry to bother you again. But I tried it as an Expert Advisor too. I got an error too. I have compiled it and did not compile, but it is the same. I don't know how to get it to work and I just don't know how to get such an image. I something similar, if not exactly what you need. I just want to check or find statistically the time intervals, when the studied pair gives the biggest price change. The narrower the time interval, the better. I.e. moments of abrupt changes. Or the time of beginning of these changes, by some certain value in pips. You wrote that it is possible to do it on M1 and M5. But may it be done on H1? May it be done not only by opening prices?

Sincerely, Azer.

Folks, help.

Question one: Forex trading at Alpari starts at 02:00 MSc on Monday. Is this correct?

Question two: what time does it close? At 02:00 Moscow time on Saturday?

Reason: