Bring the MARTINGALE to its senses. - page 5

Dael:
I will add my 5 kopeck. In 2007 I actively traded on margin on real account for half a year. My Expert Advisor was two-handed (as in the second screenshot), simultaneously opened long and short. My deposit reached $1000, then I received a margin call. Trading was on the eu, cable and chif. I think it was a minus as all three pairs correlate with each other. Nevertheless situations when the trend is exactly without reversal (more precisely, the pullback is smaller than the step of position opening and therefore does not allow closing the pyramid) are not just numerous, but very numerous. I lost my trust in Martin after that. And one more significant minus for me is very inefficient use of deposit - for two-armed martin I had to keep $15.000 deposit (cent account) to work with 0.1 lot. Not comilfo. :)

What's the point? :)

A few more kopecks, I prefer and even:) partially use martingale not in "length", but in "width". I.e. the subsequent trade may cover the loss of the previous trade(s) not necessarily by increasing the lot, but also by increasing the TP. A row may look as follows:

Lot/TP/SL: 0.1/10/10, 0.1/15/10, 0.1/30/25, 0.1/60/45, 0.1/100/80, 0.1/200/100, 0.2/90/60 .... etc. Thus, we can increase the "stamina" of a deposit by increasing the admissible number of losses and delay the MC) Of course, deals with different TP/SL should be opened in different conditions. Although I experimented with Expert Advisor where trades were opened randomly and I managed to find a chain at which Expert Advisor operates without MC on EURUSD since 1999 with normal profitability, though drawdowns are still too high.

paukas писал (а):

What's the point? :)

Well, it obviously does. ;)

Obviously, in this case depo grows more. On the two pictures at the beginning of this thread the profit is bigger in the second case (long+short). And in flat position in this case the profit is better due to small movements in both directions.

The author

What is the planned step of opening positions at the same euR? Is the TP equal to the opening level or larger?

<br / translate="no">

paukas wrote (a):

What's the point ? :)

Well it clearly does. ;)

Because clearly in this case the depo grows more. On the two pictures at the beginning of this thread the profit is bigger in the second case (long+short). And in flat position in this case the profit is better due to small movements in both directions.

The author

The planned step of opening positions on the same eu what? And is the TP equal to the opening level or higher?

There is no sense in a simultaneous opening up and down. It's equal to not opening at all.

Не может быть смысла в одновременном открытии вверх и вниз. Это равносильно что вообще не открылся.

Not really. In the first case:

• The spread is flattened.
  • There is no pleasure in a flattened spread. :))))

I ignored martingale for a long time. But I've looked at the pages here and got interested. The main thing in this business is to keep the drawdown to a minimum.

The connection has broken down...

It was too cumbersome with arrays. I used I.Kim's functions, which allow me to get everything I need without using arrays. I combined two EAs in one design by analogy with the article "Non-Standard Automatic Trading". I have bound them for dependent, simultaneous operation. In addition, I provided for one more independent position with a minuscule lot which opens when the expert is enabled and is never closed afterwards.

We have a kind of "floating" controlling indicator that monitors market movements and is able (in the future) to influence opening of stop and limit orders. And even a stoploss!

And a trailing stop with different thresholds for stop and limit positions.

Here's a TEST (WITH PITCH SETTINGS) on the pound from 1 mas, not a pips.

Initial deposit 50000.00 INITIAL BID=0.1
Net profit 3387.04 Total profit 4234.80 Total loss -847.76
Profitability 5.00 Expectation of winning 24.72
Absolute drawdown 591.00 Maximum drawdown 933.00 (1.85%) Relative drawdown 1.85% (933.00)
Total trades 137 Short positions (% win) 73 (36.99%) Long positions (% win) 64 (28.13%)
Profitable trades (% of all) 45 (32.85%) Loss trades (% of all) 92 (67.15%)
Largest profitable trade 608.00 losing transaction -76.00
Average profitable deal 94.11 losing trade -9.21
Maximum number continuous wins (profit) 4 (871.20) Continuous losses (loss) 9 (-81.00)
Maximum Continuous Profit (number of wins) 871.20 (4) Continuous loss (number of losses) -93.00 (4)
Average continuous winnings 1 Continuous loss

The problem with all martingales is that they only work really effectively on large enough deposits. I'm not talking about classic martingale ("doubling volume after a moose") with its "profit in the end at all costs, even at the risk of a margin call" concept. I don't like it.

2 rid: does it work on an initial deposit of at least 5000?

P.S. Editing posts - doesn't work. I have Firefox 2.0.0.14.

Reason: