Bring the MARTINGALE to its senses.

Hello there. I've noticed that quite a lot of people believe in martingale strategy.

I believe it too, so I wrote an advisor on it. If there are enough people (at least one) who would like to bring this wonder of magic to mind, I can send the source code and we will work on its improvement. At this stage, the Expert Advisor is able to do everything that Mr. Voinov has described for his EA.

In one year

Kontra:
Where are the willing :)

I'm here.

Here it is - TWO!

the first file to the experts folder, the second file to the inludes folder and recompile everything.

The output function Signal(VARIANT) returns 1 if buying and -1 if selling.

Files:

OK, can you briefly describe how it works so we understand each other...

I mean the principle of the modernized martingale that it works on

Kontra:

Hi all. I've noticed that quite a few people believe in the martingale strategy.

I suggest we chat on email and ICQ to discuss 434198810

Have you read the article before you go off on your "wild goose chase"? Did you find (or at least try to?) a mistake in its conclusions? Are you sure there is anything to discuss?

This version has a lot of wrong entries - as many as 7 (if I'm not mistaken) on a short section. I have Martin in my arsenal, but like yours, it needs improvement. So, I'm ready to join in if you'd like...

read the article of course :)

Except that there is a difference in EAs. My one takes into account inputs of some kind. And this one is pure Random.

In addition, the lot increase is set, so it can be adjusted for the currency. And the previous deal will not be closed, but compensated. Different things in general.

I can't help it, as I'm watching this martingale in demo mode and have already gained 65 thousands of gray coons in 3 months, so there is much more room to grow.

So there is a lot of room for growth :)

As for the entries - that's why I have them in a separate file. For this reason I put them in a separate file. Let's think together - what is the best entry, on what pairs to trade. The more we work out how to reduce the drawdown, the better the results.

I have a lot of ideas for the EA improvement, but I don't have time to put them all into code :)

As for principles:

koeff_next_pos - sets the increase in the volume of compensating orders relative to the first (entry) order;
prev_pos[i] - specifies the number of pips lost for a wrong entry, to open i+1 compensating order.
That is all. In principle, we do not have any particular complexities and programming tricks in the Expert Advisor's code itself.

Hmm... Had a closer look... Looks good, if you look at it offhand! Couple of questions:

1. Values of array koeff_next_pos. Is it just stuff? Or have some sacred meaning? :)

2. Values of array prev_pos. All of them are the same and don't change. Doesn't it make sense to pass them to optimization?

3. OpenLong(Short) Compensation is working with max. 12 simultaneously losing orders (their input pair long_pos/short_pos). What if we encounter a series of 15-18 losing orders in a row? Just switch off the light? :))

DearSamMan, If it were very simple, I wouldn't put my idea out there :)

I would just start using it.

The arrays are derived in arrays so that you can adjust them very flexibly, so is the volume array.

Practice shows that on Forex there are no currencies jumping by 800 points without a rollback :) So, it is possible to come up with something - to use stops after all.

As soon as I finish the next idea I will post it with explanations.

By the way, gentlemen, feel free to change, add more. I have only two requests - to leave a mention in the code about the progenitor father, i.e. me, and not to sell this EA, it is a fully open-source one.

Reason: