Transaction volume - page 6

And the middle line is probably the opening price? If so, it should ideally be at different levels. If not, you could do it that way... it's up to anyone. If the numbers of volume weights could be placed above and below the candlesticks, with the calculations above, it would be exactly what I was thinking about... Thanks for getting the idea! If, for example, take the last bar, and suppose that price moved up by 9 pips in three ticks, then put number 9/3=3 and under the bottom one, let's suppose, price moved ca 2 pips in two ticks, then put number 2/2 = 1. If we add up these two numbers, we obtain the number of traded volume per period, equal to a bar, i.e. 4. Based on the above assumptions, I will try to conclude that the higher this final number (i.e., greater total volume equivalent of goods), the more will be the preconditions for lower prices, and the lower this number, the more the preconditions for growth. Once again, my theory is untested and I can't even imagine the exact result.

When calculating more than 1 minute on TF, there may be some difficulty in calculation of ticks number and saving it to history (if I'm not mistaken). This will make the result a bit cumbersome, but will give a normal opportunity for testers and so on. If a 1-minute candlestick is closed in profit - consider - 1 tick = number of points of price, by which the price has risen during this bar, etc.

The average line was planned as the opening price, but it turned out to be more practical to count tick "volumes" from zero.

In principle, this indicator does not give any new data, but people with imagination will think of something. Yellow line -

The difference between positive and negative moves of each bar, reduced to the chart scale.

Then what are the blue and red candles? If the blue ones are ticks which gave a positive price increase and the red ones a negative one, then their number is equal? It cannot be so... I must be mistaken about something. Please correct me! And another thing, did you count positive and negative moves in price points?

I think it would be clearer if you were to plot the difference of those in + minus those in minus. The phrase is a bit dotty :-), but I think it's clear. And the resulting column should be coloured accordingly

But then the picture would not be complete.... To understand how the indicator works, and what parameters are taken into account, and what they mean when translated into plain language would be difficult... And the information value, as it seems to me, will decrease! For example, I think the indicator was laid out in code base (sorry for not being in English). What will the result be? If you build it as I wrote three posts above, then it's better not to minus volume equivalents, but to plus. But maybe you mean something else?

It's the weekend, so the chart is based on ticks generated by the tester, and he apparently thinks "silence must be in the library!" The blue and red bars look similar, but in reality are usually different, albeit not by much. On about every tenth bar they are equal. The blue bar is the sum of upward price movements in pips per bar, i.e. the sum of positive moves, while the red one is the sum of negative ones. The yellow line is the difference between the blue and red bars multiplied by the constant scaling factor, i.e. "the difference of those in + minus those in minus". The coefficient had to be applied because the difference is small

compared to the histogram values.

And "the amount of traded volume for the period equal to the bar" is exactly equal to the spread of the histogram (red+blue).

You can, of course, divide by the number of ticks in a bar, then you get the average price change per tick.

Yes, the difference is really so small that you can't see it with the naked eye...:-) And I think there is a slight error in your understanding. The "traded volume per bar" is not counted in pips, the "red + blue" method... as you said at the end... you calculate the "average price change per 1 tick" for the blue part of the candle and add the "average price change per 1 tick" for the red part of the candle.

A little more clarification, if I may! What in the above chart, was taken as one tick? Is it a 1-minute candlestick or something else? After all, the minimum saved tick = a one-minute bar? The chart is 15 min. Correct me if I am wrong!

PS. What a poor knowledge of terms means. Didn't even realize at once that "volume equivalent" and "average price change per one tick" are the same thing!

As I understand it, the difference between the blue part of the bar and the red part is the body of the candle?

Paha писал (а):

..What on the above chart is taken as one tick? Is it a one-minute candlestick or something else?
..As far as I understand, the difference between the blue part of the bar and the red part is the body of the candle?

1. the indicator, or rather the indicator layout, as I am a lousy writer, works only "online", i.e. without a cycle, on a zero bar. The incoming ticks are processed in real time and the chart is gradually formed.

2. That's why I'm saying that the indicator (method) does not give any new data! Indeed, the body of the candle.

If you are interested, I can try to put "the average price change per 1 tick" on the chart, if you tell me what you want to see, because we do not have the same terminology.

In general, the idea was to apply a certain integral to Forex charts to calculate economic concepts such as consumer surplus, etc., from which conclusions can be drawn about the current state of the market. This is what the quantity of goods bought or sold for such and such a price is for.

Reason: