Transaction volume - page 5

By the way, I would like to remind the developers of the request to introduce a mechanism

of real volumes of RCs with FRRF instruments.

The logic is simple:

if there is a flow of quotations, then by 99.9999999999999999999999999999999 there are also volumes... ;)

If I hadn't seen the Chief in Metastock from the American FOREX broker columns Ask Volume Bid Volume, Tick's Volume

I could agree with you.

However, and I will not dispute your opinion, as it has no effect on the objective reality of trading.

I understand our argument very simply - volumes work (the ones we are given) or not.

The screen showed that our MT-4 volumes in Farley's methodology work very well.

Korey:

If I hadn't seen the Chief in Metastock from the American FOREX broker the columns Ask Volume Bid Volume, Tick's Volume

I could agree with you.

However, and I will not dispute your opinion, as it has no effect on the objective reality of trading.

I understand our argument very simply - volumes work (the ones we are given) or not.

The screen has shown that our MT-4 volumes in Farleigh's methodology work very well.

----

I'm not arguing with the fact that by the number of ticks, or volumes, you can get a profit - or find a pattern - there are probably options for everyone

---

I just showed you that VOLUME in MT4 is just the number of ticks

this is not my opinion! this is reality

maybe a broker may be showing REAL volumes in MONEY or LOTS

in MT4 instead of "VOLUMES" you see numbers of ticks.

I apologise for the intrusion!

I am not as experienced as others here, but I had similar questions and ideas about this topic about a year ago, but never dared to express them.

As far as I remember, when you look at the screen, you see how in one tick a candle sometimes goes higher or lower by 3-4 p (by 40-50 p - I haven't seen it, but 3-4 p can happen)!

The price can go up or down for a variety of reasons. Sales volume is high - the price goes down, there is a shortage of goods - the price goes up, and currencies etc. - the same product. If a tick has raised the price by lots of points, is it possible that it means that there is a shortage of goods? Does it mean that only a small actual volume is traded?

Assuming that one tick equals, say, one contract, then the condition should be fair under such conditions:

The larger the volume of the transaction, the cheaper the price of the traded commodity must become. Can we in this case, at least in general, represent the weight of one tick, i.e. what volume of the real goods is each tick, as the ratio of points covered by the price to the number of ticks. But then we must divide all ticks leading to the fall of price, and all ticks leading to the increase of price.

This may be nonsense, so don't judge too harshly.

If this division will be done, it will be difficult to look through the tick history without additional tools(like indicators), especially on higher TFs. If to compare and calculate the amount of ticks that moved the price only upwards and the amount of ticks that moved the price only downwards.............. Can it be done? And if you add the time factor to the formula... Maybe something will come out!

PS / Thank you! Maybe someone will have a good idea...)))

Slogan: Give Ask Volume Bid Volume, every minute and free!!!

Our main problem is that there is no open interest in the MT4. This is also what the author of this thread was asking about.

But on the other hand, let's say there will be an open interest, so what? - In Forex nothing special will be squeezed out of the open interplay. The supply and demand are equal, they just move slightly back and forth relatively to each other. If they are noticeably unequal, the broker will stop our trading to the wrong side. So, we don't really benefit from the open interest.

Paha:

I apologise for the intrusion!

I'm not as experienced as those here, but I had similar questions and ideas on this topic about a year ago, but never dared to express them.

As far as I remember, when you look at the screen, you see that within one tick a candle sometimes goes higher or lower by 3-4 points (by 40-50 points - I haven't seen it, but 3-4 points happen)!

The price can go up or down for a variety of reasons. Sales volume is high - the price goes down, there is a shortage of goods - the price goes up, and currencies etc. - the same product. If a tick has raised the price by lots of points, is it possible that it means that there is a shortage of goods? Does it mean that only a small actual volume is traded?

If we assume that one tick is equal to, say, one contract, then under such conditions, the condition should be fair:

The bigger the volume of the transaction, the cheaper the price of the traded product must become. Can we in this case, at least in general, represent the weight of one tick, i.e. what volume of the real goods is each tick, as the ratio of points covered by the price to the number of ticks. But then we must divide all ticks leading to the fall of price, and all ticks leading to the increase of price.

This may be nonsense, but don't judge too harshly.

If this division will be done, it will be difficult to look through the tick history without additional tools (like indicators), especially on higher TFs. If to compare and calculate the amount of ticks that moved the price only upwards and the amount of ticks that moved the price only downwards.............. Can it be done? And if you add the time factor to the formula... Maybe something will come out!

PS / Thank you! Maybe someone will have a good idea...)))

if we analyze the number of ticks up and the number of ticks down

1-As in Rising the number of ticks up > MORE than the number of ticks down
2-Even in Rising the number of ticks down < LESS than the number of ticks up

3-is during a downturn the number of ticks up > MORE than the number of ticks down

4-is during a Decline the number of ticks down < LESS than the number of ticks up

Maybe I didn't put it quite right!

Not just the number of ticks up and the number of ticks down, but how much they pushed the price in one direction or another. If we set aside from the starting point - for example from the bar opening point at 5 min timeframe - the sum of points of the price, which went up, and similarly down, and near or below the number of ticks in the numerical representation, which these price movements belonged to.... If we divide the number of pips the price passed by by the number of ticks, in each direction, we will get the equivalent of the real traded volume.... This is just a guess.... What will really come out of this is the question...

Paha:

Maybe I didn't put it quite right!

Not just the number of ticks up and the number of ticks down, but how much they pushed the price in one direction or another. If you delay from the starting point - for example from the point of the bar opening on the 5 min timeframe - the sum of pips of the price that went up, and similarly down, and near or below the number of ticks in the numerical representation, which these price movements belonged to.... If we divide the number of pips the price passed by by the number of ticks, in each direction, we will get the equivalent of the real traded volume.... This is just a guess.... What will really come out of this is the question...

I get the idea.

I don't know what that would do.

it's probably possible to make some kind of indicator.

the other question is that it's more in the realm of research...

Do you use it in practice? I don't think so.

Unfortunately, you are right! :-) I don't use it. I can't even imagine how to calculate by hand, even for a 5 min TF. But if someone implements this idea, I think they will find an application for it! It's just that everyone says "no volumes, no volumes". But this is at least an attempt to show some equivalent of the real volume!

Indicator design project

In the form of a histogram. Upwards are positive price changes for each tick, downwards - negative changes. For example, on the last bar it is conditionally shown that there were five ticks in total, three up, two down. At least, it is a bit more informative than just Volume.

Reason: