Author's dialogue. Alexander Smirnov. - page 8

ASmirnoff: The blue curve does not match the CCC in appearance at all. Apparently you are not implementing my algorithm. See my explanation of the article.

With what OOC? I put the indicator on the chart and that's it. There is no OOC there. The blue curve is your indicator in its purest form. I am not a programmer - I am a user. What your programmer gave me, I put it.

Got it!
The author of the Smirnov filter-indicator Mr. Smirnov appears to us as the inventor of the algorithm, but not as a mathematician.
If Mr. Smirnov had acted as a mathematician, he would have given us an example of an equation (not a grad student) whose difference solution scheme gives the basis of the algorithm.
If Smirnov was dealing with digital filtering he would have given some characteristics of his indicator (and it is a two-humped indicator!!!).
But Mr. Smirnov is an inventor!!!, the author of the algorithm.
And as an inventor Smirnov has the right:
a) not to disclose the essence of his invention.
b) to defend his rights against encroachers and teasers.
That is, Mr. Smirnoff is asserting his rights as an inventor

against Juric

in front of our audience and against our audience.
Shall we help him do that?

Here are my "why am I worse than a bogeyman" fantasies:-) So far, smoothness and responsiveness to price changes has not been achieved. Perhaps we should add adaptability like Kaufman's. The red one is mine, the yellow one is JMA's

I'm not any worse :-). Let's say I like mine, but it's not finished yet (it's just an outline). And it's made not on WPI and MQL, but in MathCade. But it's not bad either.

What are we arguing about?
Red - Smirnoff

the dotted line one-to-one on red is a standard MA 1 HCLL/4 (!)

Blue is Smirnoff again.
Blue - LRMA homemade 8
lrma[i]=1.8*iMA(NULL,0,MA,0,MODE_SMMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i)-0.8*iMA(NULL,0,MA,0,MODE_SMA, PRICE_CLOSE,i);
So, how does the blue line differ from Mr. Smirnov's patent?
And there is only 1 (one) line of code. No, you should definitely come to the defense of your thesis for ... Mr. Smirnov's post-graduate student.

Korey:

So how is the blue line different from Mr Smirnov's patent?

They are quite different))

P.S.
run the indicator
lrma[i]=1.8*iMA(NULL,0,MA,0,MODE_SMMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i)-0.8*iMA(NULL,0,MA,0,MODE_SMA, PRICE_CLOSE,i);
with different multipliers and different methods, e.g. LWMA-SMMA

Korey:

What are we arguing about?
Red is Smirnoff.

... Mr Smirnoff's post-graduate student.

That's right - postgraduate students...

Well, if everyone is posting, I'll post ))))). Here is JMA and here is MA by SSA algorithm. Only SSA re-draws on history, but CSSA algorithm does not. I think it is the fastest and smoothest algorithm. It's unlikely to get any faster than this.....

Although there's also a cool little thing

Reason: