Wishes for MQL5 - page 119

Will it be possible to export-import quotes to text files, because I have my own multi-currency history without gaps and glitchy candlesticks on MT4, I would like to shove it into MT5 to test multi-currency indicators?

zhurs >> :

Hello, when I transferred MT5 from one system to another (i.e. without installing it) it won't start.

I never had such problems with MT4.

I can't install new programs on my desktop, it's too important, I can't do anything about it.

Transferring will have to be done on Windows Vista and Windows 7 systems.

Can you advise what can be done in this case.

Yes, there is such a problem. I installed it at work by copying the home folder - it doesn't work. More specifically, the terminal and the editor start up,

but the programs don't compile. The editor pretends to compile something, it keeps logs and reports errors.

Except compiled code doesn't show up in the terminal. It doesn't appear ANYWHERE. I searched for

all the computer - there are no compiled .ex5 files. The account has administrator privileges.

I suspect other domain accounts on this computer are "at fault", or something like that.

Fixed me simple, but not nice - I put virtual machine and it all worked as it should. This is how I work, I can't do it any other way.

Windows xp sp3 system both host and guest.

joo >> :

Yes, I have such a problem. I installed it at work by copying home folder - it doesn't work. More precisely, the terminal and the editor start,

but the programs don't compile. The editor pretends to compile, it keeps logs and reports errors.

Except compiled code doesn't show up in the terminal. It doesn't appear ANYWHERE. I searched for

to the entire computer - there are no compiled .ex5 files. The account has administrator privileges.

There are suspicions that other domain accounts on this computer are "to blame", or something like that.

Fixed it simple, but ugly - I put virtual machine and it all worked as it should. I still work this way, I have no other way.

Windows xp sp3 system both host and guest.

The problems with MT5 are discussed here: https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/121010

Please let them know if they will solve this problem.

Henry_White >> :

Please add to the ObjectFind and ObjectDeletefunctions the ability to work with masks like : *,?

In principle, of course, only ObjectFind can be used .If it is necessary to keep backward compatibility, the former function should be left unchanged, and the set should be supplemented with, for example, ObjectFindM (multiple search).

Example: we need to find text labels which start with "Signal".

Implementation: Returns name of the first found object (or handle, but this requires other functions that can handle it).

Notation: ObjectFindM("Signal*");

Example: you must remove from the "0" window only those text labels that start with "Signal"

Notation: ObjectDelete(0,"Signal*");

Addendum:

It would also be a good idea to add a graphical object type (OBJ_LABEL etc.).

There are a lot of questions on the forum regarding timeseries accessibility.
The main difficulty when working with timeseries is as follows.
When requesting data of a selected timeframe, it is not known when the data will be "ready" after the request.
From all the explanations and discussions, there is still no clear understanding of how to work with timeseries.

There is a suggestion on this matter.

I propose to create an event that will occur when the data is available.
That is. We make a request to some timeframe. Internal handler of the metatrader starts processing the data.
At the moment when the handler finishes processing the data, event: Data is available for use is triggered.

This may be some kind of enumeration, or assignment of a value to some variable. Or something else. It doesn't matter.
The most important thing is that it's possible to specify when the data of the requested timeframe becomes available.

In this case it will not be necessary to apply a Slip, or in a loop to poll timeframe availability, or in some other exotic way to try to get the moment of time series availability.

nen >> :

I propose to create an event that will take place when data availability occurs.

>> I support that. But this has already been suggested, I think.

I would like to see in MT5 the possibility of multi-monitor terminal, i.e. windows can be moved from one monitor to another if several monitors are connected... this also applies to the news tab.

Not quite at the right place ... I have a wish for MT5, not MQL5. The divisions on the grid should be multiples of round numbers and even more so of points. It is not difficult to do. I appreciate it in advance. You can do it in MT4 as part of bug fixing.

Two days of twisting and turning this way and that, and again I will make a proposal for a "master(admin)-password"

and the introduction of a three-and-a-half-step system of account access...

1. master, a password known only to the owner, can do EVERYTHING!

2. trader, a password that allows the user to trade, but no more than that.

3. the investor, the password authorizes access to the account,

This password may be given by the wizard in two variants, usually the same as today, or with concealment of the real name.

(usual birdie, the assignment of investment password instead of the name is given numeric code indicated by wizard).

In addition, when assigning a trader's password, it is possible to set restrictions...

kombat >> :

Two days of twisting and turning this way and that, and again I will make a proposal for a "master(admin)-password"

and the introduction of a three-and-a-half-step system of account access...

1. master, a password known only to the owner, can do EVERYTHING!

2. trader, a password that allows the user to trade, but no more than that.

3. the investor, the password authorizes access to the account,

This password may be given by the wizard in two variants, usually the same as now, or with concealment of the real name.

(usual birdie, the assignment of investment password instead of the name is given numeric code indicated by wizard).

In addition to this, when assigning the trader's password it is also possible to make restriction settings...

It should be possible to set a delay for the investment password so that no trades are broadcast.

Reason: