Wishes for MQL5 - page 113

fwiq >> :

Why so much disregard for the problem? The question was originally where to read how the traffic pumping system works and how to predict the end of pointless pumping in the background of uncertain amounts of data. The question here is not about 10Gb, but whether we need them or not, although 10 is just for a general start, because even according to approximate calculations for 1 instrument, to view it since 1980 on monthly TF, you need almost 560Mb, not 2Mb as avtomat points out (because 2M bars are limited for showing, not Mb for downloading in minutiae). For example, a rough calculation of minutes = 60 per hour * per 24 hours per day * per 270 days per year * 30 years = 11664000 minute intervals. Now we should multiply it by record length in bytes (I think 6 fields with 8 bytes each), and total will be 559872000, i.e. 560Mb rounded off.

And you need this just to see the monthly chart? A whole CD for one instrument, and even over the Internet? If so, put me down as a pauper, I'm not ready for this madness either.

I don't know what you're talking about,

Here I open MT-5 folder Histori\GBPUSD its size 16.2Mb,

when you open MT-5 and in the window GBPUSD you see the date 19-th of November 2008, about year of history you need 16,2Mb (11 months to be precise).

About 560 MB for one month of history of one pair ????????????????????

If it's 30 years old, it's more on topic.

fwiq >> :

Why so much disregard for the problem? The question was originally where to read how the traffic pumping system works and how to predict the end of pointless pumping in the background of uncertain amounts of data. The question here is not about 10Gb, but whether we need them or not, although 10 is just for a general start, because even according to approximate calculations for 1 instrument, to view it since 1980 on monthly TF, you need almost 560Mb, not 2Mb as avtomat points out (because 2M bars are limited for showing, not Mb for downloading in minutiae). For example, a rough calculation of minutes = 60 per hour * per 24 hours per day * per 270 days per year * 30 years = 11664000 minute intervals. Now we should multiply it by record length in bytes (I think 6 fields with 8 bytes each), and total will be 559872000, i.e. 560Mb rounded off.

And you need this just to see the monthly chart? A whole CD for one instrument, and even over the Internet? If so, put me in the paupers, I'm not ready for this madness too.

You guys are crazy! What difference does it make, 10-20-30 gigs - do you even realize how small it is? What century are you living in?!

I don't get it. Trying to work forex and saving money on matches.

And, once again, for those who aren't paying attention. there's a much smaller volume being downloaded from the internet.

HideYourRichess писал(а) >>

You guys are crazy! What's the difference, 10-20-30 gigs - do you even realize how small it is? What century are you living in?!

Trying to work in forex and saving money on matches is something I'll never understand.

And again, for those who aren't paying attention.

How much less? You give figures, or just inappropriate accusations instead of arguments.

I do not understand, why I have to download minutes of 1984? There are quite a lot of proven solutions for exchanging data between server and station, and without such zaponov. What's the point of getting all worked up, as if there is no other solution?

fwiq >> :

And how much less volume? You give figures, otherwise you are just making inappropriate accusations instead of arguments.

It has already been announced in the MetaTrader 5 Client Terminal announcement that :

The format for storing historical data in MetaTrader 5 is highly economical. For example, a one-minute history of GBPUSD quotes for 10 years takes only about 10 megabytes. Once you download this history, you can build all the charts for the symbol from M1 to MN1.

fwiq >> :

I don't understand why I need to download the 1984 minutes. There are quite a lot of proven solutions for exchanging server and station data, and without such gaps. What's the point of getting all worked up, as if there is no other solution?

>> boiling?! - >> I'm pissed! It took so much effort to get the MC to agree to a normal data storage system, unified and consistent - no shit, there are disgruntled, Soros Buffets, strategic investors trading on monthly contracts, and saving on matches.

Rosh >> :

It has already been reported in the announcement MetaTrader 5 client terminal that :

avtomat 23.10.2009 07:22

The solution itself with minutes is, to put it mildly, questionable in principle, conceptually.

What resources are needed to work with five offices with 500 instruments each?

And since several groups of instruments are supposed to be included, this number will be several times bigger!

To store all this junk is one.

Secondly - running five terminals in parallel, 10 windows in each - how much will this eat?

And it wouldn't hurt to run several applications besides that....

Developers, please calculate everything properly and let the workers know what they should be prepared for!!

!

Rosh

, would you

be kind enough to comment!

avtomat писал(а) >>

avtomat 23.10.2009 07:22

The

solution itself with minutes, to put it mildly, is doubtful in principle, conceptually.

What resources are needed to work with five offices, which have 500 tools each?

And since several groups of tools are supposed to be included, this number will be several times larger!

Secondly - running five terminals in parallel, 10 windows in each - how much will it consume here?

And it wouldn't hurt to run several applications besides that....

Developers, please calculate everything properly and let the workers know what they should be prepared for!!

!

Rosh

, be so kind as to comment!

I am, in principle, perplexed by your outrage as well.

No one is forcing you to download the history of all 500 instruments over 30 years.

I too have a pretty old computer (Celeron 1600, 80GB of Wind), but MT5 runs fine for me. For the tests I downloaded euro and pound from 1999. And for that I had to spend 20 minutes on the tool. Basically - negative impression of downloading method: you switch on monthly chart and stupidly press <Home> for all 20 minutes. I can imagine how much trouble you would have to go through to download 500 tools in 30 years! :-)))))

I mean, it would be hard to download all that stuff even by accident. And you won't pump it by accident. An example - I have the yen and the franc.

Here's the catalogue with the history:

HideYourRichess писал(а) >>
>> boiling?! - >> I'm pissed! You went to so much trouble to get mc to agree to a proper data storage system, unified and consistent - no shit, there's some disgruntled, soros buffets, strategic investors trading on monthly and saving on matches.

This is nonsense, why worship the devil, and throwing out idle boasts, when the system is simply stupidly unworked. We will not even talk about what will be happening on the server in our dealing room, when a few hundred users will start downloading them when we will switch to MT5. We can forget (at our own coolness level) about the traffic cost, such a peculiar payment for installation of a new program version. But here's how things stand. There is an opinion that the terminal charts the information that is generated in \instrument\cache\period.hc files from the minutes present in the tool. If it is so, then in fact, the terminal forms the data request to the file with minutes, which is located in the same tool in the terminal, though previously such a request was not made by the server. That is, before only what is in the request was pumped, but now the whole rubbish part is pumped and then what is useful is selected from it on the computer. It's like when you went to the shop to buy a computer and they gave you a bunch of spare parts and some rubbish half a car for your own money and then came to your house and built you the configuration of the computer you initially wanted out of that rubbish. How do you evaluate this decision in terms of common sense?

api писал(а) >>

I am, in principle, also perplexed by your indignation.

No one is forcing you to download the history of all 500 instruments over 30 years.

I too have a pretty old computer (Celeron 1600, 80GB of Wind), but MT5 runs fine for me. For the tests I downloaded euro and pound from 1999. And for that I had to spend 20 minutes on the tool. Basically - negative impression of downloading method: you switch on monthly chart and stupidly press <Home> for all 20 minutes. I can imagine how much trouble you would have to go through to download 500 tools in 30 years! :-)))))

I mean, it would be hard to download all that stuff even by accident. And you won't pump it by accident. An example - I have the yen and the franc.

Here's a catalogue with a history:

You mean you don't want to view TFs by months "MN" or weeks in general? Or you don't download the minutes of the time period when you view these TFs? Well if that's the case, then the question is settled.

fwiq >> :

This is nonsense, why worship the devil, and throwing out idle boasts, when the system is simply stupidly unworked. We will not even talk about what will be happening on the server in our dealing room, when a few hundred users will start downloading them when we will switch to MT5. We can forget (at our own coolness level) about the traffic cost, such a peculiar payment for installation of a new program version. But here's how things stand. There is an opinion that the terminal charts the information that is generated in \instrument\cache\period.hc files from the minutes present in the tool. If it is so, then in fact, the terminal forms the data request to the file with minutes, which is located in the same tool in the terminal, though previously such a request was not made by the server. That is, before only what is in the request was pumped, but now the whole rubbish part is pumped and then what is useful is selected from it on the computer. It's like when you went to the shop to buy a computer and they gave you a bunch of spare parts and some rubbish half a car for your own money and then came to your house and built you the configuration of the computer you initially wanted out of that rubbish. How do you evaluate this decision from the point of view of common sense?

All this reasoning is nothing, when you start testing. So, yes, if you just want to stare at the graphs, you don't need any of that. But why would one want to "just stare at the charts" MT is unclear. It is easier to look at monthly charts on a site. The traffic is minimal.

Reason: