Wishes for MQL5 - page 49

One more thing:

Give the ability to write add-ons to MetaEditor, like PsPad

Add nice things like:

1. Underlining of paired brackets!!!

2. a script which adds the paired bracket by itself.

3. VERY PLEASE MAKE A FILE TREE WITH A QUICK JUMP TO THE NECESSARY FUNCTIONS

4. kill ctrl+f2, do it!!! ctrl+1, ctrl+2, ....

if a paired bracket is missing, the compiler often shows the end of file!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and then search through 1000 lines :)

you people are the pros of your language ???? Where is your framework???? urgently!!! It's supposed to be very fast.

And yes, I just remembered, make a function right in the API that will set a trailing stop!!!! (less headache!!!)

Toxa писал (а) >>
And yes, I remember, make a function in API which will set a trailing stop! (>> less headache!!!)

What kind of trailing? ;)

The article 'Library of Functions and Expert Advisors for Trailing / Yury Dzyuban' describes 11 of them. This logic belongs to the applied layer, i.e. independently created by each interested person.

A plugin technique for MQL-editor would be helpful - all those things mentioned on this page (paired brackets, auto-complete code templates, check that variables are used, etc.), for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 / 2005 environment, can be easily implemented by JetBrains Resharper, a third-party developer based on Visual Studio Extensions technology.

chv писал (а) >>

What kind of trailing? ;)

The article 'Library of Functions and Expert Advisors for Trailing / Yury Dzyuban' describes 11 of them. This logic belongs to the applied layer, i.e. independently created by each interested person.

I agree.

I already expressed that thought. I don't think it's a problem for language developers to write one particular function. But one should not do this: binding to a particular algorithm is creating a tendency, a dogma. Programming of trading algorithms is solely the business of the programmer (the developer of the trading strategy).

Another thing is the need for libraries of purely technical, service functions, as well as functions that can cause difficulties in their creation. For example, when programming functions for error handling returned by the server, the programmer cannot always correctly understand what the Expert Advisor's reaction to a certain error should be (too frequent requests, the broker is busy, etc.).

In my opinion, it would be very useful to add properties for some objects.

For example, the number of bars determining the length of the channel.

Difficulty in working with channels:

Suppose the user intends to set a channel length of 24 hours on H1.

An intuitive algorithm can be reduced to calculating the right and left time coordinates of an object. And it is not difficult to perform these calculations: the left coordinate is calculated as the right coordinate minus 24h.

At the same time, if the right point of the channel is set, for example, at 0 bar, and the program is executed at 10:00 Mon, the left point will be set at the 1st bar of the current Mon. The actual channel length will be 10 bars and not 24.

Such errors are difficult to detect, if testing takes place, for example, on Wednesday. In this case a user sees the result of the "correct" testing - the channel length will be 24 bars.

A similar problem arises when constructing channels in small TFs, the quotes of which are marked with "holes".

SK. писал (а) >>

Another thing is the need for libraries of purely technical, service functions, as well as functions, the creation of which may cause difficulties. For example, when programming the function of error handling returned by the server, the programmer cannot always correctly understand what should be the expert's response to this or that error (too frequent requests, the broker is busy, etc.).

It would be ideal for traders to have a ready-made library of trade operations in the delivery package,

so that traders would not have to think about requotes and error handling. I believe that no one will do it better than developers.

And pros, if necessary, will write their own variants.

It would be useful to be able to change the colour of a symbolic name or symbolic constant when using the #define construct, similar to what is done in menus with other text elements:

For example: #define pi 3. 14159265358 Seemingly trivial, but if there are many defines, they are not immediately visible !

- Chat in MT would be nice. Some platforms have it (chat), it's the only thing there.
Reason: