Research in matrix packages - page 6

СанСаныч Фоменко:

I've always wondered why MT isn't included in R?

Maybe because the ideology of the R language is open source, so there are open source packages in the CRAN repository.

Vladimir Perervenko:

Let's be realistic.

Today the MT4 terminal with the EDITOR works without any problems (at least for me). We just need to add the smallest thing to interact with R.

The developers have a better idea of how to do this. The main thing is to do it quickly and without headaches for the users.

Good luck

So, it seems that in this thread we came to a conclusion that it is fast and easy to make access through theMT4R.dll analogue.The MCs will not take the trouble to create a new R terminal for a tiny handful of enthusiasts. They can't fix the website for 3 years...

Vladimir Perervenko:
Maybe because the ideology of the R language is open source, so there are open source packages in the CRAN repository.
By the way, how does the abbreviation CRAN translate? Because googling "what is CRAN" gives me pearls like "CRAN, mechanism for lifting and moving heavy loads". ))

Yandex gives this

Alexey Volchanskiy:

I have a habit of reading previous posts, so the advice is not for me ))

SanSanych Fomenko2016.02.12 15:18 RU

R itself is three times retarded. It's an interpreter. No problems with debugging at all, at first I started using a debugger, and then it turned out to be useless.

Speaking of R speed, there are several considerations here.

1. you can translate it into byte-code, but it's a poultice

Do you realise that MQL4/5 are compilable languages? And that for your dream MT-like R terminal Metacquotes would have to make an R compiler?

1. Read not only the beginning of my posts

2. R programs are very small. 100 lines of code can be a very large program semantically, as it can be a solid package reference. Tried to replace R with Alglib for randomforest. In R it's one line. The speed is C. All cores are loaded for some parameters. Where is the sluggishness of R here? Where is the interpreter here?

The interface to Alglib on this point is just insane. Knowing the parameters, which occupy a few hundred lines, I couldn't figure it out.

3. If someone managed to write 1000 lines of code, i.e. most likely without knowing all possibilities of R, and these 1000 lines cannot be parallelized, then rewrite it in C - as I understand even a dll won't need to be written.

4. Sorry, but the suggestion that you need a compiler with R is just nonsense. R is a perfectly balanced system and perfectly suited to include large chunks of already finished C code. I even suspect that it is superior to MQL in its ability to make efficient programs by using highly efficient libraries and loading not only all the cores of one's own computer but neighboring computers as well. I have glimpsed that cloud computing is also possible.

PS.

It seems to me that before you make any assumptions about the capabilities of R, you must have worked with it at least a little. Anyway, let's not forget that by its algorithmic capacities R is one of the top ten procedural programming languages and is near C variants.

Alexey Volchanskiy:
By the way, how does CRAN stand for? Because google on enquiry "what is CRAN" gives me pearls like "crane, mechanism for lifting and moving heavy cargo". ))

CRAN - Comprehensive R Archive Network

Here' s where it starts

List of packages by name.

Thematic grouping of packages

Selecting Time Series Packages

Econometrics package selection

Machine Learning Package Selection

Highly efficient execution and parallel processing package selection

Vladimir Perervenko:

Let's be realistic.

Today the MT4 terminal with the EDITOR works without any problems (at least for me). We just need to add the smallest thing to interact with R.

The developers have a better idea of how to do this. The main thing is to do it quickly and without headaches for the users.

Good luck

In my proposal I assumed that I would not have to write anything special: there will be two wrappers in R, one - to appeal to the ready code of the terminal and the other - to appeal to trading functions, designed as a package.

Alexander Bereznyak:

Yandex gives this

That's cool! Russian Yandex also got the first few links right, on the subject. Then came tower cranes )

Google knows everything ))))))))

Cran

Alexey Volchanskiy:
In this thread we seemed to have come to a conclusion that it is fast and easy to make access through the analogue ofMT4R.dll. The MCs will not take the trouble to create a new R-terminal for a tiny group of enthusiasts. They can't fix the website for 3 years...

If it is as you write, then you are right.

And if you take into account that:

• A new audience will emerge, numerically far outnumbering the existing one? And who is a professional trader on stock exchanges?
  • Is it not worth the effort to join the global top in the form of R? In the form of Microsoft?
  • Or maybe the effort for the first two bonuses will be ridiculous, because everything is already written and we just need to finish writing the reference to what has been written? Do we have to rewrite it?

Here's an interesting variant of MT4 and R integration. Haven't tried it in work, but from the description it looks good. If a group of enthusiasts could do it, then to the developers...

Expect a solution or result.

PS: By the way neither indicators nor EAs with R in the tester run.

PPSS: Poor example of integration. I will keep it for reference.

Good luck

Zorro Manual
  • manual.zorro-trader.com
Zorro Trading Robot Manual
Reason: