Wishes for MQL5 - page 17

Mathemat:
Ability to create strategies visually, based on rules applied to indicators. Just like it is implemented in the Trading Solutions visual environment. It is convenient not to bother with the indicator to create the code of the Expert Advisor just to check its signals.

I think it is too much.

An assembly language may not be necessary, but all the nonsense should be created by hand, in code. Otherwise, many strategies will be limited by the capabilities of the visual technology. Rather, a library is needed in this direction.

-------

Somehow, you have to deal with coincidence of names of local and global variables. Don't allow.

----

If terminal is running under heavy logging conditions, its performance is significantly degraded. My tool after testing and half day of work clearly shows it - it drops by order of magnitude. I should periodically dump large amounts of information to disk, naming files not only by date, but by time as well. In general, periodically lighten up:)

SK. писал (а):

Somehow we have to deal with the coincidence of local and global variable names. It's not allowed.

I don't really understand why we need such global variables, I've used them once and understood that they're of no use to me, a lot of actions are of little use... If I wanted to see not only classes but also namespace, the scale of application may be quite large and it gets so messy, that one gets lost in a jumble of thousands of names, especially if the project is long term. Of course, you don't need it for code of several thousand strings but if you think about scope of support and maintenance as well as enlargement of the toolkit, you cannot do without it. However, it seems to me, this will be just like the forums. I don't really believe in MQL, why should the forum have sections if there is only one MQL theme - so I have to read the contents to understand if I really need to read it at all - too much action, not much use, such is the perspective :)

P.S.: Maybe someday I'll become a famous critic, judging by the fact that that's all I practically do here:) Honestly, I don't like criticism, but I should.

You need to create an arbitrary property window for the indicator.

So that additional parameters can be added to this window with the possibility to change the properties of these parameters.

You can add your own pages to the properties window. To place groups of parameters on these pages...

I would like to add my five cents to the wishes of MQL5. I would like to tell you where to go in my humble opinion.

The history of programming languages development shows that starting from machine codes, then Assembler, Fortran, etc., then OOP, SI++, etc., then special packages (programming languages) which I consider as the crown of MathLab, MathCad. I.e. they try to get away as far as possible from programming (machine language), to the language which is closer and clearer to the person.

After all it's much more convenient to write the program (procedure) in such form as it is in MathCad and it is clear even to those who never coded, and saw such a formula in the book

And call it to calculate in this form.

All is simple and easy probability = 0.5, wrote down the integral of the normal distribution law MOJ=mu, RMS=sigma. And we calculate the probability of encountering an exceptional quantity in the interval Y1...Y2 (equal to 10 and infinity correspondingly). It is just in case I am explaining, that here is written in MathCad programming language :-)

It is easier than to remember how to calculate the integral and by what method, trapezium or Simpson + all this to write down in machine language + to debug everything. How much time is spent on it. Try to make a similar procedure Ver(.....) in MQL4, while here in MathCad it's as simple as you can see.

That's why I ask developers to pay attention to MathCad programming language (many of them even think it's not even a programming language anymore :-)), its naturalness and simplicity of programming, matrix handling and especially the way it works with graphs - I would love to have something like that.

And, of course, a normal language helper. Remember how many times users were told that MQL4 still doesn't have a normal help...

Good afternoon!

I would like to see in a future terminal the import of quotes from a folder.

And, accordingly, the MQL website will allow downloading quote archives as simple files.

Let me explain at once:

When downloading a quote archive, especially for a long history, it takes a lot of time.

And this way you can download the files, put them in a folder and set the terminal on this folder for the night! :)

By morning I think the quotes archive will contain all data on all instruments! :)

WitoHOH:

It takes a long time to download an archive of quotes, especially for a long history.

Otherwise you can download the files, put them in a folder

This is a bad argument due to personal time constraints and a thin channel. I think there's no point in wasting time on such a feature.

It would be nice to be able to output an external variable from the imported function to the Expert Advisor properties panel.

(It is assumed that the main program is ex4, with a built-in possibility to connect a user function; an external variable is needed for customisation and especially for optimisation).

TedBeer:
WitoHOH:

It takes a long time to download an archive of quotes, especially for a long history.

But you can download the files, put them in a folder

This is a bad argument due to personal time constraints and a thin channel. I think there's no point in wasting time on such a fic.

Try to download the history of minutes from 1999 and then recalculate all timeframes.

And multiply the obtained time by the number of instruments.

Besides, you have to stay with your PC to perform this operation.

As an alternative, add the "Download history for all symbols" or "... for selected instruments".

SK. писал (а):
You should periodically dump large amounts of information onto disk, naming files not only by date, but also by time. In general, lighten up periodically :)

Only FOR !!!

More. (related to the terminal and in general)
1. The fact that the dealers publish some information on the site is good,
but it would be much more useful if this information was broadcasted in the terminal.
Accordingly to have access to the info via µl...

2. Perhaps it would be even better if...
This very information was collected and kept in a one-stop-shop.
, i.e. the "financial question" is removed and the dealers choose whether to subscribe or not.

By info is meant some static and accessible information,
e.g. interest rates, news in digital terms... etc...
"01.03.2008 15:30 CPI = 100 102" in the format "date; time; what; value; forecast;"

The dealer's calendar (your own) is much more convenient to look at in the terminal.
Moreover, it is possible to automate the output on the chart in this case.

Reason: