How much does it cost to write a "complex" EA? - page 25

NYROBA:
ufkef:

You are just giants of thought. what about the authority, give me a job, I'll write any expert, at least in history :) he will show anything, if there is such a job and 100% of profitable trades and expectation of 50 and above, and anything you want! for your money any whim!

I do not know how to do it, I cannot do it on purpose!

I need such a job, I will accomplish it fast and accurate, and if the EA does not show profit, it is not my fault, but the customer's!

You're not going to trade on history, are you?! :)

I want my EA to work in the present and show results in the future, too...

The programmer's job is only to make sure that the expert's work complies with the terms of reference. That is all.

Integer:
The programmer's task is just to make sure that his work complies with the technical requirements. That is all.

This goes without saying, but I believe that knowledge of the subject by the coder should be a must.

For example, to write an "efficient" program for a space satellite and for complex

Medical equipment, you agree, can hardly be written without special knowledge.

The same is true for financial markets...

Integer:
The programmer's job is only to make sure that the expert's work complies with the terms of reference. That is all.
IMHO, you are very deeply mistaken! No programmer who does not know what the market is, will ever write a normal EA!

klot:
Integer:
IMHO, you are very deeply mistaken! No programmer who does not know what the market is, will ever write a normal EA!

What else is there? Apart from complying with the terms of reference and ensuring profitability, without departing from the task?

Integer:
klot:
Integer:
IMHO, you are very deeply mistaken! No programmer who doesn't know what the market is will ever write a proper EA!

What else is there? In addition to compliance with the terms of reference and to ensure profitability, and without departing from the task?

Intuition....

NYROBA:

This goes without saying, but I think knowledge of the subject should be a must for the coder.

For example, to write an "efficient" program for a space satellite and for complex

medical equipment, you agree, it is unlikely to succeed without specialized knowledge.

Same for financial markets...

I'll disappoint you here. At one time I wrote software for airline management, then insurance and other things, and now supermarket management and logistics. And as you correctly guessed - all these areas are far away from me. At the same time, I have excellent TOR and always have developed functional tests.

So again 90% of success - ToR+test cases. And we can program anything for anything.

That's why I personally insist on integrated FXT editor - we must submit test cases, and not look for them in history...

Itso:

This is also why I personally insist on a built-in FXT editor - you need to submit test cases, not look them up in history...

I support it with all my extremities! And how to make these cases is not the concern of MT developers, but the headache of the system developer...

Itso:
NYROBA:

This goes without saying, but I believe that knowledge of the subject by the coder should be a must.

medical equipment, you agree, it is unlikely to succeed without specialized knowledge.

Same for financial markets...

I'll disappoint you here. At one time I wrote software for airline management, then insurance and other things, and now supermarket management and logistics. And as you correctly guessed - all these areas are far away from me. At the same time, I have excellent TOR and always have developed functional tests.

So again 90% of success - ToR+test cases. And we can program anything for anything.

That's why I personally insist on integrated FXT editor - we must submit test cases, and not look for them in history...

Let me disagree with you. When you cook for someone else and when you do something for yourself, there is always a difference!

NYROBA:
Let me disagree with you. When you cook for someone else and when you do something for yourself, there's always a difference! :)

Of course there is. But the title of the thread is "how much does it cost to write a "complicated" EA?"

NYROBA:
Let me disagree with you. When you cook for someone else and when you do something for yourself, there's always a difference! :)

I'll disappoint you too. I make things for myself much easier than I do for someone else, and for someone else, I do as I'm told.

Reason: