Valmars - page 7

All is fine, but everything is losing on "all ticks" from NS, our EAs are losing on quotes from NS, on quotes from Alpari and other brokers are bringing profit. NS quotes are 90% modelling, from brokers 40-60%. that is, on more accurate and close to reality quotes it turns out they are losing

delyus:
It's a good idea to have a free forex broker that lets you compare your preferences with some brokers and their quotes, to compare them with the real ones.

Alpari's quotes should match NS because Meta Quotes Demo uses their quotes, or be close to them. Of course, you have to test where there is a minute history. This stupid new design on Alpari, until you download it, you won't know what time it starts with. It seems they used to be from mid-2004. That's the ones to check on.

Naturally, such a stupid Expert Advisor cannot show high results over a long period, entries are essentially random, it can only make a profit due to the use of patterns of currency fluctuations. That is why the large drawdown is unacceptable for real trading. As for the selection of stop-profits, it may give useful information.

Valmars,

Now I need to think about an EA at least on the daily from medium to long term. except that I'm already tired of thinking and getting discouraged, frustrated.

delyus:

Valmars,

Now I need to think about an EA at least on the daily from medium to long term. except that I'm already tired of thinking and getting discouraged, frustrated.

Here you can read what a trader with great practical experience has written.
The .doc format is not accepted, neither is .rar, I had to reformat it to .txt

no link

Ah, it's OK now, it was a glitch.

I wanted to prove empirically myself that pipsing is impossible. your advisors have been a great help in this, what is worth watching a day candle wobble, there simply cannot physically be any profit! here is how I see the ideal advisor:

1) it trades on completed daily bars. It switches on once a day for several minutes. Hence the following:

2) it is rough and insensitive to different brokers

3) at equal take and stop it shows at least 70% success rate.

4) it shows profits throughout 2000 to 2007.

delyus:

I wanted to prove empirically myself that pipsing is impossible. your advisors have been a great help in this, what is worth watching a day candle wobble, there simply cannot physically be any profit! here is how I see the ideal advisor:

1) it trades on completed daily bars. It switches on once a day for several minutes. Hence the following:

2) it is rough and insensitive to different brokers

3) at equal take and stop it shows at least 70% success rate.

4) it shows profits from 2000 to 2007.

Of course, it would be better to choose daily charts to work with, but where to get such amounts on the deposit? After all, such an EA should be able to painlessly overcome drawdowns of several figures. You need a whole trading system with the analysis of many instruments for the prospects of opening, portfolio money management, hedging, and of course not with exorbitant, but stable profit parameters. MT4 is not yet suitable for creating such complex systems, and the main thing is that multicurrency testing is impossible.

And the take should be larger than the stop, by a factor of one and a half or two, then even a 50% hit will ensure a profit.

And the take should be greater than the stop, by a factor of one and a half or two, then even a 50% hit will ensure a profit. //

With equal take and stop if 70%, when you increase the take, luck drops to 50%, but the profit factor increases, etc. If from the start 50%, when you increase the take, luck drops to 30%, and it's all useless.

Valmars,

Now let's combine the best features of these three EAs and we have almost know-how - the best price movement researcher. It may not be profitable, but observations and further research can give us a really good idea.

Parameters Turbo Searcher, Valmars¨ 2007:

TakeProfit=0.

StopLoss=0

MinProfit=0 //there is a good step trailing on daily data

TrailingStop=0

TrailingStep=0

Body=0 //with 0, orders are placed on EVERY candle

Lots=0

Risk=0 //without moda and percentfreemargine it is clear that risk=0 means without money management with the same number of lots, risk 70 means with a 30% deposit

Slippage=0 //0 means without requotes and slippage

Magic=00000 //if it is 0, it means without giving any reference number

Period(min)=0 //X may confuse a simpleton what is X, while in the minutes it is immediately obvious. It should work on all timeframes 1, 5, 15, 30, 60, 240, 1440

Pips=0 //When pips 0, the EA will work as a dakandl_2 - orders on the open and low or open and high of the previous candle. At 1 pips to any value, the EA places a buy and sell stop in the specified pips from the oupen.

Parameter auerforopen is not needed because it will work for all timeframes, it is illogical to observe the work on the daily, say, on the hourly.

Why is it necessary to test the dyckandle_2 method not only on the daily candles, but also on 4-hour, hourly and ... even on the minute ones? Because the main contradiction, why in principle a logical idea (opening in the same direction as the previous candle and in the opposite direction on the fact of overlapping a candle of one colour with another) does not give profit, it seems to me that the pipsotechnology and the daily chart are incompatible. And it's also because you have to explore, so explore everything.

Reason: