NATURAL INTELLIGENCE as the basis of a trading system - page 15

Yurixx:

I wonder if there is any proof at all that would make you change your worldview? After all, what was enough for me may seem like meaningless nonsense to you. And a change of outlook is not a change of socks. I have many arguments, but firstly, it is not my aim to change anyone's mind, and secondly, everyone has his own arguments.

You do not need proof, it will be enough to have facts that will make you think, that do not fit into the materialistic picture of the world. But facts, not stories about how "the neighbour's sister told it exactly"...

Good afternoon, everyone... I will try to put my five cents in on this topic.

An example from my own life.
At school, in 9-th class in far 1992 I had an opportunity to behold a series of three dreams in which I was represented by the employee of military service...
At that time I didn't pay any attention to this event, because it was out of the question.
to the Polytechnic. But life is a strange thing, after nearly two years, missed one point at admission was forced to enter the correspondence course, while receiving deferment for one year from the army. And here is the horror, three days before the exams the next summer they came and took me with the cops to the army, ignoring all the deferments and the illegality of these actions.
I could legally run away and sue them for arbitrariness ...but I chose the option of just serve. At the same time I have told my friend with whom I served all three of my dreams about the army (which I could remember) and they completely came true and it could not be just my imagination or de-javu effects, because there was a witness who received a description of dreams.
There was another incident: once driving a car (on a completely familiar and safe road) I suddenly realized how frantic my heart started to beat and there was a strange sense of fear and anxiety... There were no causes... after five minutes I had an accident (twisted on the ice) at this point (under a bridge, which worsened visibility) there was a water main break and only there was a section of road that could lead to such consequences... Again, the weirdness?!
And now for the forex...
At the beginning of August 2006 I had a dream in which I imagined that the pound rises against the dollar to extraordinary heights, the charts represented just a spike upwards without any details (except that the dream explained the reason for the rise - buying from Asia). I told it to my friend (do you remember my Army buddy, who I served together for 2 years and we continued together in the "civilian life"),
but perhaps it's not as simple as we think it is...

How beautifully you do it. I can't believe it when I read it. Trying to explain simple and understandable things through mysticism. And even bring facts which you cannot confirm. These facts (99.9%) cannot be confirmed when tested objectively. Do you think that the military (like me) are complete morons? Do you think that the NIHRAVO is just out for a stroll, all made up of fools too? Does nobody understand that hypnosis is the strongest weapon, that UFO is an aircraft which surpasses all our achievements in piloting techniques, camouflage, etc.? That the achievement of mental consciousness and the ability to predict the future does not give an advantage in battle?

And I, in my right mind and in my right mind, would pass such a thing by? I am a fool, but not all military and special services are fools. Is Putin, who was trained in these "special services" and is a complete fool and an idiot, not going to give money for this research?

Don't you know and do not see that religion is the most profitable commercial enterprise in the history of Earth. You belittle the importance of research institutes, special services (unbiased opinion). And don't you see that the same Scientology is a "special service" with all its trappings? That auditing, is a great way to gather intelligence ? That almost any religion demands money from its followers (in various forms and under various pretexts) ?

You return to me my own questions which you cannot answer by making vague statements about good and evil, about looking not at the scales but at the fog in between. Already a few pages ago I asked you a question about the murder of a child. And what was anyone's answer?

All right, let us assume that you have reached MS (mental consciousness) and you receive information from it with buckets. What will you do when you have a child on your hands (Hitler, Stalin...) (You see the future very clearly and precisely, you read it like I do this text)? So where is your freedom of choice? What will you do? Stare into the fog through the scales? Talk about Good and Evil?

You won't have any choice. You will be a soulless robot with no good, no evil, no love, no joy. Only one decisive function. The function of loss. Or will you throw yourself into the bushes? Again you'll hide behind some "supreme being"?

You have to decide now, right this minute at this point in space, not somewhere out there in a better and eternal life !!!

What thousands of years of spiritual history have been created by religions, "true enlighteners", etc. ? ? The 1000 and 1 times predicted the end of the world. What else can you remind me of, maybe I've forgotten. (Oh yes I forgot, they built churches and monasteries to escape from the realities of life. The materialists created a lot more, just look around.

Getting back to the topic of this thread. Natural intelligence differs from unnatural intelligence in that it has a zone of don't know. And if that zone is gone, it will be a stupid and soulless algorithm in which the only thing that matters is which loss function is chosen.

timbo:
Yurixx:

I wonder, is there any proof that would make you change your views on the world? Because what was enough for me may seem to you as nothing. And a change of outlook is not a change of socks. I have arguments, but, firstly, it is not the purpose to change someone's mind, and secondly, everyone has his own arguments.

You don't need proof, just facts that make you think, that don't fit into the materialistic picture of the world. But facts, not stories about how "my neighbour's sister told it exactly"...

In fact this talk is a bit like profanity. The true state of affairs can only be clarified a little if the parties set up a dialogue in a positive way and completely put aside emotion. At the same time, the attitude of "you prove it to me and I'll see how you do it" negates the point of such discussions.

It is difficult to say in advance what might convince a "true non-believer" :) I, for example, believe that it depends not so much on the arguments in favour of this or that statement, but rather on the inquisitiveness of the participants in the discussion.

Let's try to explain gravity from a materialistic point of view. To date, only the property of physical objects to be attracted is known. But the materialistic concept does not explain the principle of gravitation in any way. And it seems unlikely that it will ever be able to do so. The reasoning goes like this. A deep vacuum contains no matter by definition. However, gravity operates in a vacuum just as it does in a material medium. On a material basis, the question cannot be answered by means of which interaction takes place.

A property as such is, by definition, an accessory of some object. It cannot exist apart from the object. For example, a tomato, a tram or a beam of light can be red, but "red" cannot exist by itself, because it is a characteristic, a property that needs a carrier. There is no material carrier in a vacuum, but gravitation is fully manifested in a deep vacuum.

However, one cannot conclude from this reasoning that vacuum is a specific form of matter. Rather, the vacuum is filled with something else, which is the carrier for the "property of material objects to be attracted", and this something has an immaterial basis.

------------

We just don't know much and most of us perceive the world through sight and touch. You can touch and see, so it's true. The truth is the truth, but not all of it.

Generally, there is a hypothesis according to which all qualities of all objects without exception have an emergent nature, i.e. any quality is based on the structural level of Reality which does not possess this quality.

The author, for well-known reasons, calls this statement a hypothesis, though in fact it is simply a fact. Here it is.

--------

Everyone lives as he wants, defines for himself the limits of cognition and life itself. He lives his life the way he wants, and thank God for that.

timbo:
Yurixx:

But I wonder, is there any proof at all, which will induce you to change your worldview? After all, what was enough for me may seem like meaningless nonsense to you. And changing your worldview is not like changing your socks. I have many arguments, but firstly, it is not my aim to change anyone's mind, and secondly, everyone has his own arguments.

You don't need proof, just facts that make you think, that don't fit into the materialistic picture of the world. But facts, not stories about "my neighbour's sister sure told me"...

I'm not asking what the materialist picture of the world is. As a physicist, I know it well enough. I once relied on it myself. And here, as someone who has been through it all, I can say: in principle, every fact of what we call reality can be explained from both a materialistic and an idealistic point of view. So no fact will help in finding a solution. Let me explain.

SK gave a great example - gravity. The materialist will say: so what's there to explain, it's just an interaction through the gravitational field. Like - and the problem is solved. The only problem is that up to now nobody could catch a quantum of this field, a graviton, or identify it as a wave. Materialist: this means that our science simply cannot do it now, a little time will pass and it will succeed. That's just it, there are a huge number of phenomena that modern science cannot explain. But that is no reason for materialists to abandon their worldview.

And rightly so. In order to abandon the materialistic worldview one must obtain not just some facts that do not fit, but, firstly, to find an object, a phenomenon, which has no material nature, i.e. is essentially immaterial. Secondly, to get a confirmation that this object or phenomenon exists without a material carrier, i.e. it does not depend on those material objects (phenomena) with which it is related in our reality. Then we will get a situation: either we will have to admit that matter and immaterial exist in this world in parallel and none of them can be considered as a prime cause (the world has two origins), or that the immaterial is primary.

timbo, Prival, can you name even one such intangible object or phenomenon?

This whole conversation surprises me. Our whole life is built on faith (even science is based on it). They created a number of Lemmas, which are accepted without proof (means on faith) and built everything else on them. And if the foundation (these Lemmas) is not true, then the science is not true either.

There is fanaticism, but for some reason it always relates to belief (but a science too the belief) and to fanatics it is useless to prove something. Although one could give examples from his own life (but it will be words for someone again).

So there are different faiths, including science.

The bottom line is that everyone is talking about a faith, just that some cannot hear about the other (fanatics), others can.

Yurixx:
timbo, Prival, can you name one such intangible object or phenomenon?

I can and I do, but I don't attribute it to a manifestation of the "universal mind". I am learning, studying and moving on. And what was 100 years ago, a phenomenon that was used to explain "God", "Backbone Life" etc. becomes understandable and explainable ;-)

to SK.

Very good, and just great that you provided this link.

Here is the conclusion of this article.

"The criterion for objective and subjective existence is practice, in particular the number of independent ways of observation, i.e. there are only scientific criteria for existence, and there are no scientific criteria for non-existence, so claims of non-existence are not scientific."

All correctly proven to you "true believers" I cannot, as it DOES NOT exist. You stand by the fact that yes it does exist. You know about it and have known about it for thousands of years, but what is strange is that you still cannot prove it (scientifically). Yurixx join in prove scientifically that there is eternal life. And then yes to the question if there is eternal life, I will answer Yes there is. Otherwise I'm sorry I don't know yet.

Vinin:

This whole conversation surprises me. Our whole life is built on faith (even science is based on it). They created a series of Lemmas, which are accepted without proof (means on faith) and built everything else on them. And if the foundation (these Lemmas) is not true, then the science is not true either.

There is fanaticism, but for some reason it always refers to belief (but a science too the belief) and to fanatics it is useless to prove something. Although one could give examples from his own life (but it will be words for someone again).

So there are different faiths, including science.

The bottom line is that everyone is talking about a faith, just that some cannot hear about the other (fanatics), others can.

In my view the case is somewhat different. A lemma is an obviousness that does not require proof. A hypothesis is put forward on the basis of a belief, but the hypothesis must be tested and proven or disproved.

Lord_Shadows:
Good afternoon, everyone... I will try to put my five cents in on this topic.

An example from my own life.

Wasn't it about you recently on TV? The same case of the draft was shown

Integer:
In my view the case is somewhat different. A lemma is an obviousness that does not require proof. A hypothesis is put forward on the basis of a belief, but the hypothesis must be tested and proven or disproved.

+1
Reason: