Hateful pipsqueak.

It turns out that if:
1. Invest $1,000 in the business.
2. Make 5 pips every day for a year...
3... at a lot value of 60% of the deposit,

4. Then in a year:).

These figures are a sweet sucker's carrot.
On the real, there's a huge risk of getting ripped off.

SKif:
It turns out that if:
1. Invest $1,000 in the business.
2. Make 5 pips every day for a year...
3... at a lot value of 60% of the deposit,

4. Then in a year... :)
Skif, looked through your zip. My question is, did you actually check these numbers on
history, on an advisor or somewhere else, if not, then KimIV is right, 100% money lost.

Yee-haw!:)
Everyone knows so well how wrong...:)!

How do you guys know everything?:)

Is there a strategy that consistently earns 5p a day using 60% capital? I want one of those... If so, that's right. I don't understand the purpose of the calculations. It's like the old tale of the wise man who invented chess, who asked for a reward of 1 grain on the first square, 2 on the 2nd, 4 on the 3rd, etc.

Popovich:
...did you specifically check these numbers on
history, on an EA or somewhere else, if not, then KimIV is right, 100% money drained.
Sorry to intrude, but for mandor, SKif and KimIV to seriously discuss something like this... Just got some free time probably. But you can try to provoke them, like "Have you tried to figure out the proportion (trades with a profit of 5p)/(trades with a loss of -15p)? The losses are fixed with stop orders on dist=15p and closed with profit trades (on 5p). What should be the above ratio to cover at least 1 swap on each losing trade? If you manage to get them into the discussion, maybe some new idea will come up.

Bookkeeper, :)

No. I'm actually quite serious.

In my opinion the most predictable moves are the 15-20 point waves.
They happen at the end of strong moves after the news on America, they just happen in an uncertain market.
Usually such waves are reversible. With some experience it is quite achievable to take 2 - 3 times a day for a few pips.

And it is not necessary to use the whole deposit from the first bet. You may gain experience at first, for example 3 to 4 years, and then gradually accumulate the value of lots:).

You just have to be attentive and not allow yourself emotions.

By the way, the statement that the Earth is round, at first had a very low rating. For some reason there was an opinion that the earth was standing on a turtle and that one was standing on 3 elephants. If we had been born 500 years ago we would have thought so. I suppose we should not be misled about our current knowledge.

I know at least one person very well who successfully uses the method described ... and it works. And what does this prove in terms of theory? Nothing at all. Except that someone can do it. And you can pat on the shoulder and prove that he will sell the deposit. He will only smile back:)

SKif:
Bookkeeper, :)
No. I'm actually quite serious.
SKif, I'm quite serious :)
First two lines from Grandpa Ondatra's Bookkeeper about smart stuff:
- I always mean what I say, even when I'm joking. And I always joke, even when I'm serious.
- Speaking very seriously about very serious things is very un-serious.

The thing is, I've already said something like that, and I've already been sh... in short - pointed out that I was wrong. Now I will search the forums - where it is.
Found it - on masterforex. Quote:

I've been looking at my trades from 16.03.06 to 27.03.06 and got a funny result:
usdchf = +116p -142p
gbpusd = +107p -113p
eurusd = +62p -71p
eurgbp = +14p -15p
TOTAL = +299 -341
I`ve been playing in between and sloppy, but my profit was 828,25.
The thing is that I mostly used 0.10 lot. And only 11 deals were done with 1.00 lot.
And that was enough: There was NO LOSS ONE OF THESE TRADES. The toad has strangled the moose! I'll go and get her a drink...

The main thing - do not hesitate to close positions at profits from 2 to 20 (of the 11 positions listed above, two closed at 2 and 3 and two closed at 19 and 20 - the rest between).

And in conclusion of yesterday's topic (it was 28.03.06): why I don't like stop-losses and replace them with stop-orders, maybe one of the tea-brothers will like it.
In the morning I decided out of great intelligence that a reversal would begin on the Briton. At 9:22 I opened at Sell 1.7474 and put a Buy-Stop.
At 10:31 that bastard triggered a one-touch and the price went into the... the crotch of the open Buy and Sell positions, having recorded a -21p loss .
At 14:00...14:30 I decided again that the price would definitely reverse, closed Buy +3p, opened Sell at 1.7504 and closed Buy-Stop at 1.7515 (triggered at 15:24).
At 15:55 I decided the bullying was over, closed Buy +10p, put a T/P on both Sell, one in the middle of the daily range and the other at the opposite end. Where they closed with pleasure at 21:20 and 21:36. Total +30+100+270+340.
Picture below. Parsing is from those who are smarter.
Files:
graph2.jpg  56 kb

Skif, if you're still following the topic - some time ago I was looking for a way to draw something like a muwink, but through the bars, not away from them and smoothly. Just for small timeframes. "Invented" = 2 * iMA (...5...) - iMA(...13...) . It seems to be useless on its own, but as a certain axis on which something can be hinged up and down - it may come in handy.
Files:
lwma2.mq4  2 kb

Bookkeeper, yes, I follow the whole forum, including the thread.
Thanks for the indicator. I will definitely have a look at it.

Looked at the indicator.
It's just an axis like that... might come in handy.

I use a pivot indicator (essentially a speed indicator)
It shows (roughly, of course) the tops on which you can make trading decisions.
In any TF:
the beige one is the current timeframe;
green - the nearest bigger forex;
red - the next bigger forex.

After some getting used to it it may be used for working. I use it on M1, but it can also be used on any other TF.
Files:
priliv.mq4  7 kb
Reason: