Who had a major Windows 10 update today? - page 4

Alexey Viktorov:

Alexei, well, first of all I was joking. Although I understand that you're not in the mood for jokes...

Secondly, why don't we send MS to that locality in Peru... For some reason I don't like win10 as much as I don't like vista. For some reason I've only used win95, win98, XP and now I'm using 7. What really pissed me off was the insistence on upgrading to 10.

I upgraded from 7 but installed 10 cleanly and was quite happy with it until yesterday. Well send it to Peru, what are the alternatives? All kinds of linux? I need languages other than MQL, I don't see any alternative to VS.

Yuri Evseenkov:
Agreed. When you restore the computer after unwanted changes, using a restore point, the automatic authorisation is also gone.
Oh, that reminds me, if you copy the terminal folder to another location, the password is also cleared. If you work in /portable, it won't reset.

Alexey Volchanskiy:
Oh, that reminds me, copying the terminal folder to another location also resets the password. If you work in /portable, it won't reset.
It's elementary, Watson :) . Protection and protection - you're not working with solitaire, but a financial access program to the financial markets.

Alexey Volchanskiy:
I switched from 7, but put 10 up clean and was quite happy with it until yesterday. Well send it to Peru, what are the alternatives? All kinds of linux? I'm looking for languages other than MQL and see no alternative to VS.
And before I switched to VS, how many problems had I heard from other users? What for do I need Linux and Ubuntu... Stable win7 is enough.

Karputov Vladimir:
It's elementary, Watson :) . Protection and protection - you're not working with solitaire, you're working with financial market access software.

Well, I didn't know it was a global upgrade yesterday, so I was surprised. I get updates often, but it was the first time.

Lana, the issue is clear, MS will not buy MQ ))) Everyone can relax )))

Alexey Viktorov:
And before the switch, how many all sorts of problems did you hear from other users? Why bother with linux and unbundles... stable win7 is enough.

Seven will soon no longer be supported. Now there is only support for critical vulnerabilities. And 10 is clearly faster on my software-packed computer.

https://support.microsoft.com/ru-ru/lifecycle?c2=14019&forceorigin=esmc

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Seven will soon no longer be supported. Now there is only support for critical vulnerabilities. And 10 is clearly faster on my software-packed computer.

https://support.microsoft.com/ru-ru/lifecycle?c2=14019&forceorigin=esmc

Well, XP has been unsupported for a long time, but it works fine. Well, I don't have any doubts about your speed rating. Maybe I'll try 10 on some other computer as well.

Alexey Viktorov:
Well, XP has long been unsupported, but it works fine. Well, in general I have no doubts about your speed estimation. Maybe on some computer I'll try to feel the 10.

About speed. I still remember XP fondly myself, but its kernel was developed when multicore CPUs were not yet available. By the way back in 2000 or earlier I predicted on RSDN forum that Intel would not be able to overclock their Pentium 4 up to 16Gz. And that multicore would inevitably appear and programmers would have to retrain. I remember everybody laughed at me: it's written in Intel roadmap that it's going to be 16.

And then you know it all. Anyway, XP was optimized for one fast core. The 7th already handled multicore processors better. I'm only referring to the performance of the OS itself.

Obviously 10's have further optimized this + support for new stone instruction extensions. In short, there's not much point in sitting on old stuff.

And one of my computers (ASUS X55VD laptop) doesn't show me in the Update Center that it's 1607. MIcrosofte replied that it's because the system doesn't find any updated drivers for one of the devices on my laptop. In fact, the manufacturer says that my laptop is not compatible with 10 at all, and that it only works on 10 thanks to Microsoft's universal drivers.

Anyway, not having a very modern device is sometimes a good thing :)

Karputov Vladimir:

And one of my computers (ASUS X55VD laptop) doesn't show me in the Update Center that it's 1607. MIcrosofte replied that it's because the system doesn't find any updated drivers for one of the devices on my laptop. In fact, the manufacturer says that my laptop is not compatible with 10 at all, and that it only works on 10 thanks to Microsoft's universal drivers.

Anyway, having a not-so-modern device is sometimes a good thing :)

People wrote about it in the discussion of an article on Habra. If necessary, you can download an ISO update file from MS. But you never know what will happen after that ). My webcam stopped working under 10 and I couldn't get it to work.

Had a look at my laptop, not that old. I've run out of official drivers for 8.1 and here's one for 10 http://www.driverscape.com/manufacturers/asus/laptops-desktops/x55vd/2040.

But I don't know...

Asus X55VD Drivers Download for Windows 10, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP
Asus X55VD Drivers Download for Windows 10, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP
  • www.driverscape.com
Download the latest drivers for your Asus X55VD to keep your Computer up-to-date.
Reason: