Firebird EA - page 14

Firebirdv065tf

This EA still has bug, it creates duplicate orders, until the free margin finished up. Thanks

fikko:
This EA still has bug, it creates duplicate orders, until the free margin finished up. Thanks

Yes it was one time.

But I don't know it is bug or not ...

May be it was programmed like this. I don't know.

If it is the bug so I like this bug:

This EA did more than 6000 pips for EURUSD for this week only.

and more than 1,500 for GBPUSD

and 11,929 pips for USDCHF.

For one week!

Not bug?

Firebird doesn't give chance for other EA to perform... it took all my test free margin $1000.... . Don't you think placing too much money on a single chance is risky?

Yes it is scoring $105.14 after loosing -$38 x 7 trades (because of dupilicates).

fikko:
Firebird doesn't give chance for other EA to perform... it took all my test free margin $1000.... . Don't you think placing too much money on a single chance is risky? Yes it is scoring $105.14 after loosing -$38 x 7 trades (because of dupilicates).

It is just sometimes. It was two times during the 6 month testing.

Besides as you know I am testing this EA because this EA is very famious: it was discussed with many other forums as very good EA. You know all this forums. So I have to test it.

My opinion is the same with your opinion.

But, sorry, many people are still consider that these kinds of EAs (generating many pips, openning many orders and so on) as the best ones.

And they are majority. And I am administrator of the forum trying to create some communities irrespective if my opnions and personality.

And there is the other reason why we are testing some EAs: we want to improve it. And it is not possible without testing.

I am attaching this EA once again.

Files:

For updated statements, updated weekly/total results please see this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173383/page27

Newdigital,

Did you change anything to make Firebird to go from losing to winning? I just don't understand how it can go from losing so often to making a huge return in sa short period.

Thanks,

C.J.

Ducati:
Newdigital,

Did you change anything to make Firebird to go from losing to winning? I just don't understand how it can go from losing so often to making a huge return in sa short period.

Thanks,

C.J.

From what I can tell, ND doesn't change any settings in the testing during the middle of it. If so, it will be written down in the results - new timeframe, with or without time filter, etc.

The difference in Win / Loss is due to the market conditions. This EA seems to like a choppy sideways market. If it trends heavily in one direction, you start to get big losses. Haven't tested this myself, but several people in the thread here have mentioned that.

As ND has said, its a famous EA, so if it just lost all the time, it wouldn't be so famous, rather infamous.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. Hope it helps. I was very excited by the returns until I saw the drawdowns. YIKES. I don't have enough pepto for that kind of trading.

Sorry ND for jumping in on a question to you.

-cs

Unable to Compile Firebird

Hi,

I downloaded Firebird v065tf and v065. I'm unable to compile the code for either of these as I get the error message:

2;93;C:\Program Files\FXDD - MetaTrader 4\experts\Firebird v0.65.mq4;260:11;'(' - unexpected token

Could you please either help me to fix this compile error message or provide the compiled code?

Reason: