Installing the terminal in Windows 10

Please advise how to install the terminal completely on the D drive.

I have a system drive C.

Install it in such a way that it has nothing to do with the system drive.

I can't, no matter how hard I try. some part of it is still installed on C.

Ibragim Dzhanaev:

Please advise how to install the terminal completely on the D drive.

I have a system drive C.

Install it in such a way that it has nothing to do with the system drive.

I can't, no matter how hard I try. some part of it is still installed on C.

When the installer starts, there's a SETUP button

Click that and change the location of the default directory where the terminal is installed

Yuriy Zaytsev:

When starting the installer, there is a SETUP button

click on it and change the location of the default directory where the terminal is installed

I put it in D but it's still installing partially in C

Do you have windos 10? if so, tell me in detail how you install so it doesn't relate to the system drive.

Ibragim Dzhanaev:

I'm installing on D, but some of it is still installed on C

Do you have windos 10? if so, tell me in detail how you install, so it doesn't have anything to do with the system drive.

Install on D and run MT (and ME) in portable mode. To do this, add /portable to the shortcut properties for MT and ME.

Example:

"D:\MetaTrader 4 - Alpari\terminal.exe" /portable

"D:\MetaTrader 4 - Alpari\metaeditor.exe" /portable

There will no longer be any connection to C drive, and you can run MT and ME on different computers from a flash drive. And everything you need will be stored in terminal directory. But even in this case some service files from MT may appear in current user's profile in path c:\Users\username%\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\, but their presence or absence is not critical.

Ibragim Dzhanaev:

I'm installing on D, but some of it is still installed on C

Do you have Windows 10? If so, please tell me in detail how you install, so that the system drive is not affected.

When you start installing MetaTrader 5 terminal, you see a window like this:

Installation

Take your time here, click the "Settings" button, then specify the installation path (in your case to the D: drive).

But keep in mind, that the terminal itself weighs little - here is the typical size of the folder with the installed terminal:

Installation folder size

, but the main working directory will always be on the system disk. The approximate path to this directory is C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\03259E8F8FF9FF9EA249522ECC665159962 and its size can be very adega.

Karputov Vladimir:

When you start installation of MetaTrader 5 you will see this window:

Take your time here, press the "Settings" button, then specify the installation path (in your case to the D: drive).

But be aware that the terminal itself weighs little - here is the typical size of the folder with the installed terminal:

, but the main working directory will always be on the system disk. The approximate path to this directory is C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\03259E8F8FF9FF9EA249522ECC665159962 and its size can be very large.

Just don't put the terminal in Program Files. Create folder D:\Forex\ , and in it subfolders D:\Forex\Demo and D:\Forex\Real. That's where you put it. And in the root of each folder with the terminal throw the attached scripts for start in portable mode.

And don't make terminal shortcuts on your desktop. Only Total Commander, only hardcore)). Shortcuts and God's Explorer - for housewives!

Files:
start_cmd.zip  1 kb

Alexey Volchanskiy:

And don't make terminal shortcuts on the desktop. Only Total Commander, only hardcore)). Shortcuts and God's Explorer are for housewives!

(Laughs) Thank you. Got a good laugh))))

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Just don't put the terminal in Program Files. Create folder D:\Forex\ and there subfolders D:\Forex\Demo and D:\Forex\Real. That's where you put it. And in the root of each folder with the terminal throw the attached scripts for start in portable mode.

And don't make terminal shortcuts on your desktop. Only Total Commander, only hardcore)). Shortcuts and God's Explorer - for housewives!

Shortcuts aren't limited to the desktop. I have shortcuts for MT and ME in quick launch, and in Total Commander too. If I force everybody to install Total Commander in addition to MT, half of the newbies would run away in terror, and just look for the button for money )). Not everyone wants to become a programmer.

Alexandr Saprykin:
I've never learnt how to use it, it's a wretched piece of junk. I've had a good laugh)))

Alexander, Explorer was really designed for American dumb housewives. After all, in the days of Windows 3.1, there was already Norton Commander, which all sane people used.

And MS decided that they didn't need to know what was in folders and file system, they just needed to click on shortcuts on the screen.

After all, in those 25 years, Explorer has effectively remained what it was: a pathetic piece of junk that is impossible to use.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Alexander, Explorer was really designed for American dumb housewives. After all, in the days of Windows 3.1, there was already Norton Commander, which all sane people used.

And MS decided that they didn't need to know what was in folders and file system, they just needed to click on shortcuts on the screen.

After all, in those 25 years, Explorer has effectively remained the same: a miserable little handicraft which is impossible to use.

So I'm an American housewife :).

I've always been an advocate of using standard software as much as possible. The "explorer" versus "total/Norton" argument is just a question of habit, nothing more. It's not correct to give shortcuts here.

Sergey Basov:
Shortcuts can be not only on the desktop. I keep shortcuts for MT and ME in quick launch, and in Total Commander too. If I force everybody to install Total Commander in addition to MT, half of the newbies would run away in terror, and just look for button "money" ))

Now I counted through TC, I have 11 terminals installed in the Real folder, 17 in Demo and 9 in Contest.

It's a bit difficult to place them on the panel)) In my toolbar I have the most important things - MS VS Studio, TC, a couple of browsers and calculator. There's nothing else I need there. )

Reason: