Algorithm Optimisation Championship. - page 34

Vasiliy Sokolov:

Here you without appeal throw words "pseudoscience", and who you actually who that would establish criteria: "here it is pseudoscience, and here it is real science"? According to you, science is only what you can touch and see. But so very quickly it is possible to reach a society of believers in the flat Earth (such a society really exists).

Pseudoscience is the activity taking as a fact unproved things and constructing on their basis new hypotheses, theories and concepts.

Pseudoscience is always presented in an understandable and fascinating way.

Pseudoscience is of commercial interest.

Andrey Dik:

Materialism bordering on Nihilism mixed with Agnosticism. I've never seen that before...

Anyway... How does "denial" help the "search"? Not an idle question, I'm really curious. Instead of puzzling over whether the Cat is alive or not, you could just say it doesn't exist at all. Quantum encrypted communication has been recently implemented in Russia. They are probably just bullshitting, aren't they?

Indeed, the cruelty of our world can be intolerable. Perhaps, for some people, the reverse side I have shown will seem too harsh... I'm sorry...

I wanted to ask - how is searching on a three-dimensional surface fundamentally different from searching on a 500-dimensional surface?

Both of them need to search for maxima.

Реter Konow:

I wanted to ask - how is searching on a three-dimensional surface fundamentally different from searching on a 500-dimensional surface?

You need to look for maxima in both.

Not in principle. But you deny even hypothetically spaces with dimensions more than 3. After all, we were talking about hypothetical multidimensional spaces.

But it's not about fundamental differences. The point is that search methods that work with the 1st variable will not work where there are 2nd variables, etc. You have to take this point into account in functions with many variables, but you don't take it into account.

Andrey Dik:
As a matter of principle, nothing. But you deny even hypothetically spaces with dimensions greater than 3. We were talking about hypothetical multidimensional spaces.

If I have a choice - whether to write an algorithm for searching in hypothetical space or in real space - I will choose real space.

And you?

Andrey Dik:

But it's not about differences in principle. The point is that search techniques that work with the 1st variable will not work where there are 2nd variables, etc. You have to take this point into account in functions with many variables, but you don't take it into account.

If it were possible to adapt the problem to our space, I wouldn't have any questions.

But the formulation of the problem leads to not only solving the search optimization problem, but also exploring a new multidimensional world, the existence of which is unproven.

Multidimensional space doesn't have to exist in reality, it's just a mathematical concept (or geometric, not so important). Whether it is real or not doesn't need to be thought about, mathematics initially operates with abstract concepts. If we are so much in the way of reality, then dealing with complex numbers becomes impossible, because the root of -1 is there in the first place.

Реter Konow:

If it were possible to adapt the problem to our space, I wouldn't have any questions.

But the formulation of the problem leads to the fact that one must not only solve the search optimization problem, but also study a new multidimensional world, whose existence has not been proven.

To solve many problems one has to go mentally beyond the boundaries of the real world, to construct mentally and then mathematically in the form of formulas what allows the problem to be solved.

Reg Konow:

If I have a choice - whether to write an algorithm for searching in a hypothetical space or in real space - I will choose real space.

And you?

I have no complexes or religious bans on using any mathematical techniques to solve problems.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

Multidimensional space doesn't have to exist in reality, it's just a mathematical concept (or geometric, not so important). Whether it is real or not doesn't need to be thought about, mathematics initially operates with abstract concepts. If we are so much in the way of reality, then dealing with complex numbers becomes impossible, because the root of -1 is there in the first place.

Yeah, I wanted to mention complex numbers too, but I'm a little late.

It's all clear. You have to think abstractly and dip into pure mathematics...

There are no more questions.

Реter Konow:

It's all clear. You have to think abstractly and dip into pure mathematics...

No further questions.

Well, why "need"? You don't have to, you can.

If you have any ideas how to use properties in search of the real world only and exclusively, I would be happy to listen.

Reason: