Algorithm Optimisation Championship. - page 36

Реter Konow:

Depend on the parameter that defines the valueof the object property.

We have an x1 property.

The value of this property varies from 8.00 to 12.00 (hours) in the range 0 to 100. It does not change uniformly.

If we represent the variation graphically we will get a curved line. We plot it on the Z-axis on the first slide.

We have a second object property - x2.

The value of this property changes from 8.00 to 12.00 ranging from 55 to 158. It does not change uniformly.

We draw a curve of variation of this property and place it on the Z-axis of the second slide.

And so on...

The values of both properties of the same object change depending on the time of day. The pattern of changing values of these properties is plotted as a curve on a graph.

We then look for the highest and lowest points of those curves. We gather statistics or signatures of changes...

What kind of clocks? We took a simple example, there is no hint of units in it:

f=(x1-0.2)^2+(x2+2.3)^3+(x3-4.2)^4+x4+x5^2)

Plot this function graphically as you suggest, in the form of slides. Or at least individually each of the 5 layers. There are plenty of programs, including online ones, that allow you to plot flat graphs, do it, show how it will all look like.

Andrey Dik:

What kind of clock? We took a simple example with no hint of units:

f=(x1-0.2)^2+(x2+2.3)^3+(x3-4.2)^4+x4+x5^2)

Plot this function graphically as you suggest, in the form of slides. Or at least individually each of the 5 layers. There are plenty of programs, including online, that allow you to plot flat graphs, do it, show how it will all look like.

You have put a lot of object properties into one function - x1, x2, x3, x4...x500, while one function can only help to plot the curve of change of one property.

That's probably why you can't do without additional coordinate axes. And that's why you need a multidimensional space.

If you create a function for each individual property, you can get by with a three-dimensional graph space.

Реter Konow:

You have put many object properties into one function - x1, x2, x3, x4...x500, whereas one function can only help to plot the change curve of one property.

That's probably why you can't do without additional coordinate axes. And that's why you need a multi-dimensional space.

If you create a different function for each individual property, you can get by with a three-dimensional graph space.

There you go. Has it come to your attention that you can't graph a function with more than 2 variables?

Andrey Dik:
There you go. Have you realized that you cannot graphically plot a function with more than 2 variables?

Don't distort my answer to you.

I didn't say about variables, but about the curve of the value of an object property.

One function draws one curve line. No more than that.

This curve line - reflects the nature of the change in the value of an object property depending on another parameter - time, temperature, mood or weather.

Реter Konow:

Don't distort my answer to you.

I didn't say anything about variables, but about the curve of the value of an object property.

One function builds one curve line. No more than that.

This curve line - reflects the nature of the change in the value of an object property depending on another parameter - time, temperature, mood or weather.

Again, I don't understand you. Can you graphically plot the function from the example above? Yes or no. If yes, then how, demonstrate. If no, why not.

Andrey Dik:
I don't understand you again. Can you graphically plot the function from the example above? Yes or no. If yes, how, demonstrate. If no, why not.
I pasted your formula here http://yotx.ru/ and I get an error message. :(
Построение графиков функций онлайн
  • yotx.ru
Оператор Значение Список функций Имя Описание Встроенные константы Имя Описание

Реter Konow:
I pasted your formula here http://yotx.ru/ and I get an error message. :(

Have you tried typing formulas by hand?

(x1-0.2)^2

(x2+2.3)^3

(x3-4.2)^4

x4

x5^2

What's next?

Andrey Dik:
Then what?

I haven't tried typing by hand).

So, first you gave me one function and then you broke it into parts?

It's not good to do such tricks...)))

Реter Konow:

One function builds one curved line. No more.

You don't say. A complex variable function returns a complex number, so it draws two lines. The complex is in principle not limited to only two parts, can have an infinite number of parts.
Reason: