When is the new version of MT5 and where do you find out what's expected in it? - page 6

Anatoli Kazharski:

After this update (highlighted in yellow) ...:

... does it make sense to support MetaTrader 4 platform at all?

P.S. That was the only and major stumbling block in the mass adoption of MetaTrader 5. Now this reason has been solved.

Do you think that some brokers support MetaTrader 4 only because of that and they do not have MT5? There must be some other reasons.

I wish brokers would support this theme now (they already have Mt5).

We are testing in the intensive mode in order not to prolong the process (ugh, ugh, ugh). I would like to say one more thing - the new functionality will not cut existing ones and will not take away some functions from mt5 (this is very important) ????????

Alexandr Saprykin:
Do you think that's the only reason why some brokers support the 4 and they don't have MT5 at all? There must be some other reasons.
So, topics like MT4 vs MT5 - not here.

Alexandr Saprykin:
Do you think that some brokers only support the 4 because of this, and they do not have MT5 at all? There must be some other reasons.

As far as brokers are concerned, there is of course a different reason. Laziness and greed. )

But still, the process was more dependent on users. Now more users will prefer MetaTrader 5 and brokers will have nowhere to go.

Anatoli Kazharski:

As far as brokers are concerned, there is of course a different reason. Laziness and greed. )

But still, the process was more dependent on users. Now more users will prefer MetaTrader 5 and brokers will have nowhere to go.

Feels my heart, the brokers will change the collateral at that

Karputov Vladimir:
OK, topics like MT4 vs MT5 - not here.
Agreed, but you were the first to post about it here. I remain neutral))))

Problem with brokers for MT5, not much choice....
When methaquotes will stop supporting and selling MT4 licenses, then people will switch to MT5.
The unpopularity of MT5 is solely the fault of methaquotes, traders have nothing to do with it, they choose from what brokers offer and brokers offer what methaquotes sold them.
Maybe it's time to make more radical decisions instead of whining on the forum about the unpopularity of MT5.....

Karputov Vladimir:

A MetaEditor search on the word "netting" yields interesting results:

Did you think that the functionality was introduced, but the standard library would not be added?

I talked to the developers and was told: "They finally got their hands on the standard library". So, the library is being improved.

But I wonder if they've already completed it or will there be more changes?

Ghenadie Tumco:
When methaquotes will stop supporting and selling MT4 licenses, then people will switch to MT5.
The unpopularity of MT5 is solely the fault of methaquotes, traders have nothing to do with it, they choose from what brokers offer and brokers offer what methaquotes sold them.
Maybe it's time to make more radical decisions instead of whining on the forum about the unpopularity of MT5.....

Quiet, quiet... I have an EA on MT4 only for now. Be patient for a while, or you'll let me down under a monastery.
But why such drastic measures? There should always be a choice.

Ghenadie Tumco:

Unrealistic!

As long as there is profit from MT4 users - no broker will say, that from xx.xx.201x the trading will stop.

If the programmers (or customers of the software) do not estimate the benefits of MT5 and there will not be an independent migration at least to the ratio of 90% (MT5) to 10% (MT4) - MT4 will work and bring profit to the brokers and traders.

As an option to promote - if there will be more qualitatively optimized Expert Advisors on MT5, than its copies on MT4. Then everyone will start to move there - where there are more profits.

Reason: