Services , new functionality in the MT5 architech, the funeral of MT4 is just around the corner. - page 2

Yuriy Zaytsev:

Apparently, the main idea is to develop some program as a service, and then you can address this service from any of your EAs or indicators.

Looking ahead, a question: are these services the usual MQL5 programs? Well, maybe they will receive an extension MQS ( S-service ).

Apparently, the service will be functioning as an independent entity and it will be possible to build your own little MQL5 world.

Will the Servis technology be available for the MT4 platform or will the Servis is one more nail in the lid of the unopened mt4 coffin?

Don't rush things or they will rush you :-)

Yuriy Zaytsev:

Will Servis technology emerge in the MT4 platform or is Servis another big nail in the lid of the still unclosed mt4 coffin ?

I am not sure that such a (probably not bad) thing as services will hammer the last nail in the coffin of MT4. It is very resilient and does not seem to wither. What makes you think it's already in the coffin? To finish it off you would need something much more powerful. For example, visual 3D robot programming with a full-fledged GUI available to primary schools children.

I think the secret of MT4's survivability is the ease with which it can be mastered and used. At the same time, the most basic and popular mechanisms are implemented in it. MQL4 language is less sensitive and demanding to the user's level of training, and therefore more enjoyable. The same is in the rest. People prefer something easy and understandable, trying to avoid complex things, that is why it is impossible to beat MT4 with new features that will complicate the life of ordinary users even more. Imho.

Реter Konow:
I am not sure that such a (probably not bad) thing as services will hammer the last nail in the coffin of MT4. It is very resilient and does not seem to wither at all. What makes you think it's already in the coffin? To finish it off you would need something much more powerful. For example, visual 3D robot programming with full-fledged GUI available to primary schools children.

I think the secret of MT4's longevity is the ease with which it can be mastered and used. At the same time, it implements the most basic and popular mechanisms. MQL4 language is less sensitive and demanding to the level of user training, and therefore more enjoyable. The same is in the rest. People prefer something easy and understandable, trying to avoid complex things, that is why it is impossible to beat MT4 with new features that will complicate the life of ordinary users even more. Imho.

That's for sure.

Олег avtomat:

That's for sure.
The problem with MT5 is that in an attempt to expand beyond MT4, it gets more complex and requires a higher level of intelligence from users, but the market doesn't encourage users to expand their knowledge because intelligence doesn't guarantee profit. This is obvious and does not need to be proven. That is the nature of the market.

However, the evolving MT5 platform continues to require users to expend more and more mental effort to solve simple things, despite the fact that many simply don't have that effort.

Development is not only about moving away from a steady state towards complexity, with new bugs accompanying it, but also about the inevitable reduction in efficiency in solving simple tasks.

In short, new functionality not aimed at making work easier, but at offering hypothetically efficient mechanisms, complicates routine work and reduces its efficiency (and adds to users' discomfort).

This, to me, is the root problem with MT5.

Friends, I'm trying to figure out what a date feed is and I can't figure it out, if you're so kind and knowledgeable, explain to me an old man what it is

Date feed?

What is it good for?

Vladimir Pastushak:

Friends, I'm trying to figure out what a date feed is and I can't figure it out, if you're so kind and knowledgeable, explain to me an old man what it is

Date feed?

What is it good for?

It seems to be a source of data. Probably the memory where the generated character ticks will be stored. Maybe a file, maybe an array, maybe a resource...

Реter Konow:
The problem of MT5 is that in an attempt to spread wider than MT4, it acquires complex functionality, the presence of which requires a higher level of intelligence from users, but the market does not stimulate users to expand the scope of their knowledge, because being educated does not guarantee profit. This is obvious and does not need to be proven. That is the nature of the market.

However, the evolving MT5 platform continues to require users to expend more and more mental effort to solve simple things, despite the fact that many simply don't have that effort.

Development is not only about moving away from a steady state towards complexity, with new bugs accompanying it, but also about the inevitable reduction in efficiency in solving simple tasks.

In short, new functionality not aimed at making work easier, but at offering hypothetically efficient mechanisms, complicates routine work and reduces its efficiency (and adds to users' discomfort).

This, to me, is the root problem with MT5.

Yes, if only MT5 would make all efforts of its developers not to make its functionality more complicated, but to radically improve the effectiveness of market analysis, which would increase the chances of making profit compared to other platforms, then all the traders in the world would switch to this platform.

Of course, you can argue that there are ticks, multicurrency tester, cloud service, and so on. But that's not enough. I would like to have something that would facilitate finding entry and exit points. And with the intellectual power that the methaquotes company has, I think they could do it.

khorosh:

I would like something that would make finding entry and exit points at least a little easier.

For example, to ask the Wizard of Oz, for a new brain

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Like asking the Wizard of Oz, for example, for new brains.
I appreciate the humour, but are you saying that nothing can be done in this direction?

khorosh:
I appreciate your humour, but I would like to clarify, are you saying that nothing can be done in this direction?

I wrote - ask for a brain :) a lot will be cleared up, maybe. You are the trader, not them, they should know what you need ahahaha :) write suggestions, they will implement
Reason: