When is the new version of MT5 and where do you find out what's expected in it? - page 21

elibrarius:

I cannot "feed" my story yet. When your broker will update to a new version of MT5 - they will give you their tick data. I don't know how to view the file, but I ran in the tester an Expert Advisor to collect ticks, and then compared them with data collected from a real account

There is a screenshot comparison on page 5 https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/76945/page5

"I have my broker's data with real bid and askem + ticks with millisecond accuracy.

"You may ask "why I need all these updates if I can't do a basic testing of the bot with the ticks I want? I think you are misleading me.)

Can the admin clarify?

marker:

"It shows that ticks in the tester are very well approximated to real ones" - all this is certainly good, but 7 years of metaquotes is not for this good emulation they asked to introduce tests on real ticks), but just for tests on real ticks. I do not want to use any precise emulation, even if it is 99.9%. I want to test on real ticks of my broker and that's it.

Thats why I have a question, what is this test for real ticks by default in this new build? Where do the ticks come from, from which vendor? The real ones are the ones I collected from my broker (or another broker) and put them into mt5)

This is not an emulation - this is a recording of real ticks of 2 different brokerage companies. 1 - from a real account. 2 what MT5 will now provide. Each broker has its own spreads, delays etc. so there is a slight difference.

Right now these real ticks are only supplied by the metaquote demo server. When the official release of the new build comes out and when your brokerage company upgrades to it, then you will be able to test on your brokerage company's real ticks.

elibrarius:

This is not emulation - it is a recording of real ticks from 2 different DCs. 1 is from a real account. 2 is what MT5 will now provide. Each DT has different spreads, delays etc. so there is a slight difference.

Right now these real ticks are only supplied by the metaquot demo server. When the official release of the new build comes out and when your DC upgrades to it, then you will be able to test on your DC's real ticks.

Well that's a different conversation. When my brokerage company updates to the new build, I will be able to feed it with previously accumulated quotations of the same brokerage company? Of course in the right format, I understand tkc.

"It's not emulation - it's a recording of real ticks from 2 different DCs. 1 - from a real account" - what is the real account? Where do the ticks come from in the end, who is the provider?

And how can i get ticks from 2 different brokerage companies at the same time? "This is not emulation - this is a record of real ticks from 2 different DCs" - is it a mix of two providers?)

marker:
That's a different story. I.e. when my dc will update to this, new build, I will still be able to feed it previously accumulated kotirs of the same dc? Of course in the correct format, I understand tkc.
You cannot feed it, the terminal will download them from your brokerage company. Although, it is possible that the depth of history of real ticks not all brokerage companies will be deep.( About feeding, somebody from admins wrote that they will think over this possibility.....

marker:

"It's not emulation - it's a recording of real ticks from 2 different DCs. 1 - from a real account" - what is the real account? Where do the ticks come from in the end, who is the provider?

And how do I get ticks from two ECNs at the same time? "This is not emulation - this is a recording of real ticks of 2 different ECNs" - is it a mix of two providers?)

I cannot advertise CC here, so I do not name, just one of real ECN accounts of one of CCs, on the letter P.....

Your terminal will receive ticks only from one DC - the one you are connected to. This mix is for visual comparison of real ticks and ticks in the tester of new build MT5

elibrarius:
You cannot feed them, terminal will download them from your brokerage company. Although, it is possible that not all brokerage companies have deep tick history. (About feeding, someone from admins wrote that they will think about this possibility.....
Ah, it's been 7 years and they will think about it, tears) Most brokerage companies at the moment don't keep tick history, so if we cannot put our own accumulated history into MT5, we may not run it on real ticks at our broker, it's a dead end ... So, here we are ...

No, I don't understand, is it really hard to implement such a function as "to feed your tick history to the terminal"? Is it so hard?) I think not.

marker:
Most brokerage companies don't keep tick history, so if you can't fill your accumulated history in mt5, you can't use real ticks of your broker, yy, here we are ...
If you have a broker that has a shallow tick history, the metaquotes may fill the missing part with their history. Although the same spreads, delays etc will not match. I think it will be better than no history at all and inability to test.

elibrarius:
Well I think those DCs with shallow tick history, meta-quotes can fill in the missing part with their history. Although the same spreads, delays, etc. will not match. I think it will be better than no history at all and impossibility to test.
I agree, it's better, but still not the quotes that I want to test, full stop. If everything is really as you say. Maybe Renat will clarify things.
Reason: