When is the new version of MT5 and where do you find out what's expected in it? - page 14

Anatoli Kazharski:

Maybe this is a trademark MQ tactic ?

Say NO until ALL arguments have been exhausted. Otherwise, if you say YES and agree at once, then you might miss something very important. )))

What's not done is done for the better.

Anatoli Kazharski:

Say NO until ALL arguments have been exhausted. Otherwise, if you say YES and agree at once, then you might miss something very important. )))

I think the guys just decided to use their resources more rationally. Not to support two platforms, two languages, two testers, etc., but to work in one, more promising, direction.

Server Muradasilov:
All things considered, all for the better.
Alexey Kozitsyn:
I think they just decided to use their resources more rationally. Not to support two platforms, two languages, two testers, etc., but to work in one, more promising, direction.
I'm very glad. It's now possible to implement all the things I've been dreaming of so easily. And just when I'm ready, like never before. ;)

Anatoli Kazharski:

This is 100% national characteristic of the founders, they're from Kazan )). I just called my manager in robo, there is no official info about support of hedged accounts there yet. Chatted with the manager about the reasons to open hedge accounts. He said that the number of MT4 accounts is much higher than MT5. I think brokers were also pushing from their side, no one wants to pay for an MT5 license + servers + all the support infrastructure for the platform if there aren't many clients on it.

Anyway, I'm happy about this news. Just started developing a new indicator, while everything is on Matlab, I will make the implementation on MT5.

Alexey Kozitsyn:
It seems to me that the guys just decided to use their resources more rationally. Not to support two platforms, two languages, two testers, etc., but to work in one, more promising, direction.
Not everything is going to change so quickly. MT4 will still have years to live, too much code has been written to just drop everything. But if MT5 hedging works for all MT5 brokers, things will start to change very steeply and quickly.

Alexey Volchanskiy:
Not everything is going to change so quickly. MT4 will still live for years, there is too much code written to just drop everything. But if MT5 hedging works at all MT5 brokers, things will start to change very steeply and quickly.
Agreed. But it's already a huge step towards speeding up the transition.

one thing i don't understand - will the mt4 codes work on mt5 hedge accounts...or will all the codes have to be redone i.e. there will be no unification???

Сергей Криушин:
one thing I don't understand - will mt4 codes work on mt5 hedge accounts...or will all the codes have to be redone i.e. there will be no unification???

A converter can now be written. It wasn't possible before. Developers may have already taken up the task of making mq4 files run.

Slawa said that there are some fundamental architectural differences between MT4 and MT5. But if they are able to overcome them, then mq4 will run on MT5.

comp:

A converter can now be written. It wasn't possible before. Developers may have already taken up the task of making mq4 files run.

Slawa said that there are some fundamental architectural differences between MT4 and MT5. But if they can still overcome them, then mq4 will work in MT5.

Unlikely, MQ tried very hard to get rid of decompiling on the network, moving to MT5 solves this problem by itself.

comp:

Slawa said that there are some fundamental architectural differences between MT4 and MT5. But if they can still overcome them, then mq4 will work in MT5.

I think they must have provided an automatic converter... or something like that... otherwise they would have to redo the whole market and signals...
Reason: