MetaEditor - page 3

Alexander Puzanov:
Do you think that all this should be done by the user? It also sends files downloaded from kodobase or market to unnecessary terminal without asking the user - what patch can you recommend for this bug?
There is a simple solution: disconnect all the "zoo" of many terminals and keep only one. And connect to different trade servers from this terminal.

Alexander Puzanov:

You must be mixing MT5 with MT4 again without stirring? I can show you the movie as it is in its natural state:

No. Strictly both MT4. Have you tried what I wrote? Close all the editors, open the right one and try opening the file? As far as I understood from the video, you had both editors already open, and it's not certain that the right one was the last one.

Karputov Vladimir:
There is a simple remedy: disperse the whole "zoo" of many terminals and leave only one terminal. And from this terminal we can connect to different trade servers.
So it was, but alas - there are very ingenious brokerage companies in which we have to download their own version of the terminal to get at least a demo. I have no choice but to download their own version of terminal and get at least demo.

Karputov Vladimir:
There is a simple remedy: disperse the whole "zoo" of many terminals and leave only one terminal. And then connect to different trading servers from that terminal.
This is nonsense.

Alexey Kozitsyn:
No. Strictly both MT4. Have you tried what I wrote? Close all the editors, open the right one and try opening the file? As far as I understood from the video, you already had both editors open, and it's not certain that the right one was the last one.
Look more carefully - the file is opened in the Necessary editor through the Navigator (because it is not opened in the Necessary editor with Explorer). After that, the file is opened from Explorer, i.e. the last was opened in the Necessary editor. But it still opens in the Necessary. Then the same thing happens again with the same result. I didn't open it once in Not required, I opened it twice in Required.

Alexander Puzanov:
Look more closely - the file is opened in the Necessary editor via the navigator (because it is not opened in the Necessary editor via Explorer). After that, the file is opened from the Explorer, i.e. the last opening was in the Necessary editor. But it still opens in the Necessary. Then the same thing happens again with the same result. I didn't open it once in the NOT required mode, but twice in the required mode.
I specifically watched your video several times. But that's not what I'm talking about! I'm not talking about what and in what order the editors were opened, but about the order in which they were opened! Not the files, but the editors themselves.

Alexey Kozitsyn:
I specifically watched your video several times. But that's not what I'm talking about! I'm not talking about the order in which and what is opened, but about the order in which the editors were opened! Not the files, but the editors themselves.

:

Alexey Kozitsyn:
I specially watched your video several times. But I mean the other thing! I am not talking about what and in what order the editors were opened, but in what sequence! Not the files, but the editors themselves.

Oddly enough - the sequence doesn't matter. I just have the same problem. But I know in which editor the next downloaded file will be opened. And it doesn't matter how many editors are open at the same time.

That's not the problem. The problem is different. The terminals are started with the portable key and when I open the editor they are started in the same way. But when you open the downloaded file, the editor is launched without this key, of course. The situation occurs, that from one directory two editors with different keys are started. This may be very annoying.

Alexander Puzanov:
Do you think that all this should be done by the user? It also sends files downloaded from kodobase or the market to an unnecessary terminal without asking the user - what patch do you recommend for this bug?
I just suggested a solution for today. Of course, there are problems, especially with kodobase and marketplace, and they should be solved by MQ developers, not users. But when will that happen? Tomorrow, 3 years from now? I live in "today" and the proposed solution works. That's it, I'm not interested any further.

Karputov Vladimir:
There is a simple cure: to disperse all "zoo" of terminals and leave only one. And connect to different trade servers from that terminal.

I agree with the approach with a few reservations. I have MT4 and MT5 terminal folders for development and the demos are registered there. I do all coding only in them. In the root of these folders there are cpy***.bat scripts with the following contents

copy MQL4\experts\\Projects\ScalpHunter\ScalpHunter.ex4 "c:\Forex\Real\TurboForex\MQL4\experts\ScalpHunter.ex4"
copy MQL4\experts\\Projects\ScalpHunter\ScalpHunter.ex4 "c:\Forex\Real\roboforex_cent_pro\MQL4\experts\ScalpHunter.ex4"
rem и так со всеми оставшимися терминалами с демо и реал счетами

Thus, I have a guaranteed equal copies of the needed programs in compiled form in terminals of both working and demo accounts. By the way, this approach automatically removes the temptation to change something in a program in one terminal (and then I will move it to other terminals...) and successfully forget about copying changes to other terminals.

SZY - I've noticed a terrible thing in my learning experience. 90% of our wretched programmers don't use Total Commander (or any other file manager), they use ugly Explorer. We all know that Explorer was developed by MS for American housewives and its principle is "Minimum functionality - minimum brains! )) It is painful to see a person, who wants to learn programming, spend 10 minutes with mouse on the screen, click the copy-paste to perform the simplest operation of unpacking zip to different folders... A horror story. I hardly ever use a mouse in TC, I do almost everything on the keyboard. The same goes for the most primitive scripts at the level of ancient .bat or .cmd files, not to mention PowerShell.

Reason: