MetaEditor

Make it possible to save the editor's template.

Vasyl Nosal:
Make it possible to save the editor's template.
Paka can manually save somewhere \config\metaeditor.ini and then restore.

Alexey Volchanskiy:
You can hand-save somewhere \config\metaeditor.ini and then restore it.

Thank you.

How?

Vasyl Nosal:

Thank you.

How?

You set up the editor, for example change colours, close the editor,copy themetaeditor.ini fileto, for example, the\config\template_name\metaeditor.inifolder. When you need to change it, copy it from the right folder to\config\metaeditor.ini and run the editor. Of course, it's a pain in the ass, but for a change...

Where should I copy the mq4 files to be opened by the editor of the terminal I specify? I installed the 2nd and 3rd terminals - I needed it for debugging at a particular broker - and now the files are copied to the working folder of the last installed terminal and opened with its editor. Manual binding of this type of files to the required editor doesn't help - flips back at first attempt to open. What do I do now?

Alexander Puzanov:
Where should I copy the mq4 files to be opened with the editor of the terminal I have specified? I have installed the 2nd and 3rd terminals - I have needed it for debugging at a certain broker - now the files are copied to the working directory of the last terminal and opened with its editor. Manual binding of this type of files to the required editor doesn't help - it flips back at the first attempt to open. What do I do now?

This is also a problem.

That's why I'm looking for a way to save the template.

Alexey Volchanskiy, thank you.

Alexander Puzanov:
What should I copy to open the mq4 files with the terminal editor I've specified? I have installed the 2nd and 3rd terminals - I need it for debugging at a certain broker - and now the files are copied to the working directory of the last terminal and opened with its editor. Manual binding of this type of files to the required editor doesn't help - it flips back at the first attempt to open. What do I do now?

Where are the mq4 files stored? In the terminal folder or in c:\Users\alexey\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\...

I searched the registry, I couldn't find any default editor. I just open the required one via Total Commander manually, I have dozens of them.

Alexander Puzanov:
Where should I copy the mq4 files to be opened by the editor of the terminal I specify?
Write your own simple software, which will redirect the call to the required terminal.

Комбинатор:
Write your own simple software that forwards the call to the right terminal.
Can you explain on your fingers how to do this?

As far as I understand, what happens now is that the .mq4 or .mq5 file is opened in the editor that was opened last.

Alexey Kozitsyn:
As far as I understand, now the following happens: .mq4 or .mq5 file is opened in the editor, which was opened last.
It would be just inconvenient, but alas, it always opens in the last set, and this is another category - not 'inconvenient' but 'fucked up' :)
Reason: