Terminal speed

Is it just me or does it seem that when many orders are open, the terminal slows down considerably. And many orders are not hundreds, but starting from the second dozen. I have 10 terminals open on my server. I use OS-win2012 server R2, terminals with less than 10 orders are easy to open, minimize and deploy. I am watching slides with more than 15 orders. It takes a couple of minutes to open the terminal, all data on pairs and quotes is updated discretely every 10-15 seconds. What a horror! Who has faced with such problems? How to fix it or what to do?

Alexey Oreshkin:
Is it just me or is it just that when there are a lot of orders open, the terminal slows down considerably. And a lot of orders is not hundreds, but starting from the second dozen. I have 10 open terminals on my server. I use OS-win2012 server R2, terminals with less than 10 orders are easy to open, minimize and deploy. I use slideshows for the terminals with more than 15 orders. It takes a couple of minutes to open the terminal, all data on pairs and quotes is updated discretely every 10-15 seconds. What a horror! Who has faced with such problems? How to fix it or what to do?

1) What exactly is the server configuration? Processor, how many cores, how much memory, what kind of drive

2) Is this a VPS?

From 10 terminals the brakes are in graphical subsystem (there is no accelerating video card on the server, not even built-in) most likely as usual, not in transactions.

Keep in mind that the terminal is a graphical application which requires a serious graphics card. If you are running it on servers (no graphics cards as a class at all), and even under virtualizers, you may encounter serious lags. The more refresh (explicit or implicit) charts on slow cards, the slower the terminal reacts.

Renat Fatkhullin:

1) What exactly is the server configuration? Processor, how many cores, amount of memory, what drive

2) Is it a VPS?

From 10 terminals the brakes in graphics subsystem (there is no accelerating video card on the server, not even embedded one) most likely as usual, not in transactions.

Keep in mind that the terminal is a graphical application which requires a serious graphics card. If you are running it on servers (no graphics cards as a class at all), and even under virtualizers, you may encounter serious lags. The more refresh (explicit or implicit) charts on slow cards, the slower the terminal reacts.

This is a dedicated physical server, not a VPS. Configuration: Intel® Xeon®, E3-1270 v3 Quad-Core Haswell - 4 cores, 32 GB ECC RAM,2 x 240 GB 6 Gb/s SATA SSD Data Center Series.

I didn't really think about the video. What to do then? I have to try and talk to the company, if they can put a video there I guess.

A serious 2D graphics to a serious video!!! This is not it )).

P.S. I never knew that background applications use graphics - Live and learn!

Alexey Oreshkin:

This is a dedicated physical server. Configuration: Intel® Xeon®, E3-1270 v3 Quad-Core Haswell - 4 cores, 32 GB ECC RAM,2 x 240 GB 6 Gb/s SATA SSD Data Center Series.

I didn't really think about the video. What to do then? I'll have to try and talk to the company then, see if they can put a video in there for me I guess.

Have them try to put a video card, or change the processor to the same Xeon E3 v3, but with integrated video (Intel HD Graphics P4600, P4700) - e.g. E3-1275 v3

Alexey Oreshkin:

This is a dedicated physical server. Configuration: Intel® Xeon®, E3-1270 v3 Quad-Core Haswell - 4 cores, 32 GB ECC RAM,2 x 240 GB 6 Gb/s SATA SSD Data Center Series.

I didn't really think about the video. What to do then? I must try to talk to the company then, if they can put my video there I guess.

So RDP uses virtual video anyway, no?

Vladimir Kazakov:

So RDP uses a virtual video card anyway, no?

I don't understand anything from that expression (

It might be more than just the graphics card, maybe it's the bandwidth and the RDP settings on the server and the client... But first, let them install the video card, even if it's integrated into the CPU.

Igor Konyashin:
It may not be just the video card, it may be the bandwidth and the RDP settings on the server and the client... But first, let them install the video card, even if it's integrated into the CPU.
Anything is possible. That's where I started - I ended up with wired internet with excellent speed, no wifi. The problem was not solved. After that I started to optimize the robots. Unexpectedly, I made them much faster, but it didn't help. Video system seems to be the last bastion of lags ) Waiting for reply from tech support.

Daniil Stolnikov:
Serious 2D graphics need a serious graphics card!!! This is not it ))

Z.I. I've never thought of background applications using graphics - Live and learn!

This is exactly the kind of 2D acceleration that MetaTrader 4/5 really needs.

And since the servers are at best a Matrox, then on pure software emulation will not get far.

Alexey Oreshkin:
Looks like the video system is the last bastion of brakes )

There are some other fine-tuning of the RDP... I'll tell you about them later, if installing the video doesn't help. There's some tweaking to do in the group policy editor and in the rdp connection file itself. The result will be the same quality of work as on the local computer. I'm currently writing this text from a remote server with Win2012 R2, while watching Youtube in another tab.

Reason: