Terminal speed - page 2

Alexey Oreshkin:
anything is possible. It was with the internet that I started - I ended up wired myself with excellent speed, no wifi. The problem was not solved. After that I started to optimize the robots. Unexpectedly, I made them much faster, but it didn't help. I guess my video system is the last bastion of lags ) I`m waiting for some feedback from technical support.

1) What class are the EAs/indicators? Are there those that use graphics (objects, frequent re-mapping etc.)

2) How often does the EA/indicators redraw the screen? Explicitly via ChartRedraw and implicitly via constant modification of graphical object characteristics.

You said absolutely nothing about the contents of the terminals (including versions), but concentrated on an insignificant factor in the form of number of positions.

Renat Fatkhullin:

That's exactly the 2D acceleration that MetaTrader 4/5 really needs.

Since the servers are equipped with Matrox at best, pure software emulation will not get you far.

Well, if Renat says so! I'm a round zero here ))) But anyway, could you elaborate on the background processes - what are they so actively doing there on a graphic accelerator?

Renat Fatkhullin:

1) What class of experts/indicators are there? There are those who use graphics (objects, frequent rebuilding, etc.)

2) How often does the EA/indicators redraw the screen? Explicitly through ChartRedraw and implicitly through constant modification of the characteristics of graphical objects.

You said absolutely nothing about the contents of the terminals (including versions), but concentrated on an insignificant factor in the form of the number of positions.

Expert doesn't use a chart at all, there are no constructions etc. Pure mathematics. The multi-currency robot monitors the whole market at once and searches for patterns. There is no indicators. There is 1 robot in each terminal. All instruments are open in market watch. Only 1 eurodollar window is opened in each terminal, on which one robot operates.
I update terminals all the time. All terminals have 840 build. All indicators, scripts and robots have been removed from each terminal.
The only change in terminal settings: in all terminals I have changed two values: Max bars in history and Max bars in the window - these parameters increased by 10 times.
Eurodollar window is open on period 1H. I also update the OS constantly.
Statistically (I may be wrong) every terminal pumps about 60Mb per day. Total traffic is 600Mb per day.
Kind of all described.

Alexey Oreshkin:

The only change in the terminal settings: two values have been changed in all terminals: Max bars in history and Max bars in window - these parameters have been increased by a factor of 10.

О!

Exactly how many bars are set in the settings?

Daniil Stolnikov:
But still, could you elaborate on the background processes - what are they doing so actively on the graphics accelerator?

In Windows, almost all graphics functions are offloaded to the video driver level: rectangles, fills, lines, fonts, antialiasing, all 3D, etc.

Therefore any programme which draws even a single rectangle depends on the speed of the graphics card. The more graphics in the program, the greater the dependency.

Open Task Manager and look at the CPU load by process.

If different terminal.exe has significant CPU consumption, it means that 100% it is all about the Expert Advisor or custom indicator.

Also, pay attention to the depth of history of deals and the number of records in it. If there are 100 000 orders in this history and these orders are periodically or frequently called in the "give all" mode, the slowness in the Expert Advisor is guaranteed.

The slowness of the graphical interface in Mt4 is also due to the presence of very slow custom indicators.

Renat Fatkhullin:

Open Task Manager and look at the CPU load by process.

If different terminal.exe has significant CPU consumption, it means that 100% it is all about the Expert Advisor or custom indicator.

Also, pay attention to the depth of history of deals and the number of records in it. If there are 100 000 orders in this history and these orders are periodically or frequently called in the "give all" mode, the slowness in the Expert Advisor is guaranteed.

The slowness of the graphical interface in Mt4 is also due to the presence of very slow custom indicators.

There are no indicators at all. Loading is almost the same in all terminals.
Parameters max bar in history = 5120000, max bar in the window 650000

Renat Fatkhullin:

In Windows, almost all graphics functions are offloaded to the video driver level: rectangles, fills, lines, fonts, antialiasing, all 3D, etc.

Therefore any programme which draws even a single rectangle depends on the speed of the graphics card. The more graphics in the programme, the greater the dependency.

Well it's understandable. My question was about windows which are currently inactive or minimized. In my opinion, they don't show any graphics. Why do they load the accelerator? What are they calculating on it at this moment? Are they mining bits? ))

this is what each terminal window looks like. Even the price chart is displayed in black, as I am not visually looking at anything.

deleted the robot in all terminals. Where there are no orders, everything works instantly, but where there are a lot of orders, everything barely moves. I have to say that the server computer is much stronger than my home one, but I have video and there is no video, probably the problem is in the video system after all. Although, I really don't understand why.
First 5 terminals start and work without problems both with and without robot. I try to use robot, but tenth terminal takes about 10 minutes to load. I tried it without it. I have tried many open orders and it is working slower in any case.
I have decided to use my home computer to start 10 terminals. It all opened without any problems, very fast and efficient.

My My Account Manager is at the moment I am solving the question with technical support and switching to another plan with video. MT once again surprised me, especially since I'm not using any indicators or visual constructions.
Reason: